Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

WaterDragon's After Dyno :)

Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Waterdragon TOTALLY proved his point and counter theorists now have nothing to say.

Now we know who got it right.

I love it when results speak louder than words.

"When the flag drops, the B.%. stops"

.6 seconds equals what, like 60 Rear Wheel Horse Power?

Way to go Waterdragon, thank you for doing instead of just talking!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Depends really.

With a k&n, intake and removed mufflers I did a 13.3.

test pipes and 20s took me to 13.5 I know I picked up some power from the test pipes, but it was counteracted by the 20s. Gotta look good right?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 AM

It does not depend. WD dropped 6/10 second with the only changes being the ones listed. Avos said "you could make an argument you could claim 75 hp", and considering WD deleted a performance tune, the improvement proves that closer to being the true case here.

WD has proven he has learned how to most economically make our cars faster without spending $9000

The following users liked this post:
WaterDragon (06-14-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,062 Likes on 759 Posts

Oh Baloo, your ideas about me are blinding yourself from what I've actually posted, and I have no illusion this post will make a change here, am just stunned, especially as WD is enjoying the fruits of my developments and contributions, which you appreciate so much.

The following users liked this post:
Cambo (06-15-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Baloo
It does not depend. WD dropped 6/10 second with the only changes being the ones listed. Avos said "you could make an argument you could claim 75 hp", and considering WD deleted a performance tune, the improvement proves that closer to being the true case here.

WD has proven he has learned how to most economically make our cars faster without spending $9000
Eh, not trying to be a dick (ok maybe slightly) but where are the back to back runs and averages? Some nights I have run great, other nights like crap. Two trips to the drag strip on different nights (with diff temps, humidity, even track prep) yield vastly different results.

How come with stock cars, magazine 1/4 mile times vary greatly?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 278 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Star
Eh, not trying to be a dick (ok maybe slightly) but where are the back to back runs and averages? Some nights I have run great, other nights like crap. Two trips to the drag strip on different nights (with diff temps, humidity, even track prep) yield vastly different results.

How come with stock cars, magazine 1/4 mile times vary greatly?

I think you are raising a very valid point here, which I will answer using the evidence of my time slips.

(And I think Baloo is being a bit of a d@%*, and I've told him so , but it doesn't really bother him, as he feels someone needs to say it)
Baloo- Brah, I recommend you ease off the caffine and go get a massage. lol

I have attached a pic of my two time slips so we can deal with this issue with a minimum of variables.

As the time slips show, everything was the same between these two runs, same track, same barometer/humidity, except the faster run was with the benefit of 12 degrees cooler air temp. So if we can use the theory that 10 degrees = approx 1% HP, then it would follow that a 12 degree drop would yield 1.2% x 299.4 (my max ever dynod HP)= 3.59 more HP because of the benefit of 12 degree cooler air.

I cannot speak to different cars on different tracks with different drivers etc, but with this specific example, I think it is quite clear the only changes were my mods, and 12 degrees of cooler air. If I were more of a pontificater I would add that the lack of traction after my mods skews the times on the low side as well.

Attached Thumbnails WaterDragon's After Dyno  :)-time-slips.jpg  

Last edited by WaterDragon; 06-14-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:57 PM

And WD, and the rest of us are also enjoying the fruits if HIS developments too, you did not invent everything.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

lol I wasn't trying to discount you

Your 60' was pretty much the same between the two runs and 4mph more in the trap show a def power improvement.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

No worries mate, I did not sense any bad juju in your post, this is all in good fun (for those of us that don't take ourselves too seriously), I just took the opportunity to limit the wiggle room for pontificating.

My 60 foot time showed a 9/10 of a tenth improvement, but with traction issues. I'm sure with drag radials or slicks it would be improved more, but as I said before, I want to know what my car does in the real world in street trim.

I think I'm going to try to add a little more boost, and re-install a meth kit in the near future after I get my bigger issue fixed.

Last edited by WaterDragon; 06-17-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Received 4,435 Likes on 2,421 Posts

What's with chip on your shoulder Baloo? Has someone here offended you in some way?

We are all into a bit of friendly competition, but the ultimate goal of what we do here is to maintain & improve our cars, by sharing knowledge & experience, & having a bit of fun along the way.

Waterdragon has got some results, with a fair bit of help from others here on the forum, good for him. And good for anyone else who can benefit from his experiences. Same way WD has benefited from the contributions of others. That's how it works, the knowledge & experience flows.

I've looked back through all your posts to date. Just under half of your 38x "contributions" to this forum have been heckling Avos, JgaXkr, Sean B & Thundercat/BIP (ok i'll put my hand up here & admit to a BIP-flogging once).

Please, no more trolling, no more heckling, it's not helping anyone, especially not yourself.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

This forum is a community and a very helpful one at that.

When I first came here, not long a go, I knew NOTHING about Jags, and I am no mechanic. The members have been exceptionally helpful in educating and helping me through whatever issues I came across, and there have been many, as I really did not know what I was doing.

While I myself have been more than a little abrasive in my own posts sparing in the "what can be had while still retaining an eaton" debates, it was all in the spirit of fun and competition, and when some felt I crossed the fun line, they told me so, as they are now telling you Baloo.

As much as I appreciate your support for my quest of trying things out and posting them here so others in the future can have an unbiased review of actual results, I must agree that we are now at the point of "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it here" or at least balance it with some other posts that add something to this forum.

I am hopeful that when you complete your very intriguing project you do post your results and progress photos/videos here so the forum community can benefit, and as I promised, I will maintain confidentiality of what you are working on.

The following 2 users liked this post by WaterDragon:
ccfulton (06-15-2013), Mountaincat (06-15-2013)
Old 06-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 939 Posts

WOW! direct and to the point!

full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ronbros
WOW! direct and to the point!

full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

One thing I can appreciate about Baloo is that he is a big boy who can take it as well as he can give it. He is a very straight to the point guy, so I think he would have been more offended if I beat around the bush with my suggestion to him.

Last edited by WaterDragon; 06-17-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Veteran member

Tomorrow is a test and tune night here, so I plan on hitting the track. I couldn't do it last week due to the Hot Rod Reunion that was in town.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Michael Star
Tomorrow is a test and tune night here, so I plan on hitting the track. I couldn't do it last week due to the Hot Rod Reunion that was in town.
Are you going to get a larger intake and maybe even test before and after numbers?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the Pro M you are running, I saw in a previous thread you were going to let us know what your injectors flowed at. I plan on getting the same thing. Also, was your car more responsive with the bored TB? Did it make a big difference in feel?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by WaterDragon
Are you going to get a larger intake and maybe even test before and after numbers?
I should. There are plenty of dynos in town

Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by O.G.
With the Pro M you are running, I saw in a previous thread you were going to let us know what your injectors flowed at. I plan on getting the same thing. Also, was your car more responsive with the bored TB? Did it make a big difference in feel?
Here is the link to my post about my injector flow rates: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...jectors-83425/ they flowed an average of 391 cc at 3.5 BAR

The TB was noticable, but not huge. It is a must do mod, however, and will allow you to get the most from the rest of your mods.

Per another question, the "nameless performance" cats are the way to go if going to high flow cats. A board member who bought a set of arden cats found those disintegrated surprisingly fast on his car.

Last edited by WaterDragon; 06-26-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Rather than spending extra money on dynos, I was thinking you might try the mina vs larger intake at the track and see what effect it has on your 1/4 mile numbers Real racing is way more fun!

Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Here is the link to my post about my injector flow rates: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...jectors-83425/ they flowed an average of 391 cc at 3.5 BAR

The TB was noticable, but not huge. It is a must do mod, however, and will allow you to get the most from the rest of your mods.

Per another question, the "nameless performance" cats are the way to go if going to high flow cats. A board member who bought a set of arden cats found those disintegrated surprisingly fast on his car.
I would have thought they were bigger injectors. I went from my old setup to the Ken Bell and upped injector size from 550cc Injector Dynamics to 1000cc(94lbs/hr) injectors in anticipation of more HP potential. Glad I did because at full boost they run 70% duty cycle 44psi(80%) is full usefullness) Have you done the math to determine how much HP these can support?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WaterDragon's After Dyno :)