Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Section for New XKR

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Section for New XKR

How come their is no section for new model XKR's on here???

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=MOV01752.flv

Old 10-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Section for New XKR

I think the XF Forum to be soon too

Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isnt the XK8 XKR board good enough yea?
is there that big a difference between teh first and second generation Xks, they use basically the same engine and simular design.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:31 PM

is there that big a difference between teh first and second generation Xks, they use basically the same engine and simular design.
Nope not evan close to simular or basic.We should have a new XKR section!

+1 here!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  7.4 KB

XK8 / XKR 1997 or newer is the title of the board. Doesn't that cover all your needs?
Please explain why you think there should be a new board? If you can give enough reasons and add enough weight to your arguement, who knows, it may be possible.
As it stands at the moment though I'd say continue to use the board as is.

Thanks

Jim

Old 10-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim, not sure what you mean by "It might be possible" its F***ing simple, ad another section...anyone with very basic design skills can do it.......co.uk is getting so many more posts than here, their must be a reason.

A new model with new dilemas, new challenges and new forum memebrs...what other reason do you need other than it will bring even more people to this forum.

Come on son, sort it.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 10

ORIGINAL: Florida Phil
Jim, not sure what you mean by "It might be possible" its F***ing simple, ad another section...anyone with very basic design skills can do it.......co.uk is getting so many more posts than here, their must be a reason.
A new model with new dilemas, new challenges and new forum memebrs...what other reason do you need other than it will bring even more people to this forum.
Come on son, sort it.
Phil, first off, as I said it might be possible. I am asking the question, so we'll see!
The reason I believe that the .co.uk site is getting more posts is probably cos there are more Jag owners here in the Uk.
I appreciate what your saying, and trust me when I say thatI as much as anybodywant more people to join and take an active part in this forum.
You have 28 posts on this forum Phil and 31 on the .co.uk site..........You're not exactly one of our most regular members or theirs for that matter it would seem?
Of course we want to cater for what our members want and need, so as I say, Leave it with me Dad, I am trying to sort it.

As soon as I know, you'll know

Jim

Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow...how disappointing. I wrote an extremely long post with my opinion and then my computer froze. Well...here I go again. I believe that the new XK should get their own forum. The XJ series of cars has a forum for the pre-1987 model, for the XJ40, the X300, the 98-03 model, and the post-2004 model. That's FIVE forums for one car. However, I think that the XJ is the poster-child car for Jaguar and has been a staple of excellence for a VERY LONG TIME. They deserve their forums, but every other model has been basically unchanged. I.e.- The X-type, the S-type, the XJS, and the the XK8/R(until now). However, the new XK looks like a completely different and revamped car. As hot as the car is, as well as luxurious and powerful, I'm sure that it will sell plentifully. I vote for a new forum for the XK to start along with a new forum for the XF, seeing as it's a given that the car will come out. That's my 2 cents, but who am I? I'm just a simpleton mod.

P.S.- Phil, I don't want to sound corny or anything, but man...chill out. We like to take things into consideration of the fellow members of the forum before taking things up with th big cahunas...the admins. If only 2 or 3 members are asking for a new forum, we don't find it plausible to do so. However, look at the XJS as an example. More and more XJS owners started appearing with inquiries about their cars, so we tailored to their request for a forum just for them. However, don't sweat it...I'm sure eventually you'll get your request. Just ask nicer. Don't be like just f***ing do it because it's f***ing simple. BTW, I just checked and WOW...jaguarforum.co.uk gets a lot of more traffic.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

The more I think about it Biggie / Phil, the more I think you're right.
I 've spoken with admin and asked the question and it was received fairly well, so I have high hopes that we'll be able to sort sumthin soon. If n when I have any joy on this, obviously I'll post as soon as possible.
Just for the record Phil, Biggie and myself and laterally Aquill moderate to try and help out and ultimately make the forum better for everyone. There's a lot of time and effort put into this that isn't seen or sometimes even heard of, let alone appreciated.
Posts with tone / attitude are NOT acceptable, neither are "its f***ing simple just sort it son". Future posts of that nature will be deleted and further lapses will result in your membership being revoked without warning.
As a mod on the .co.uk site also, you might find it interesting that these rules have also just been applied there to stamp out similar behaviour, funnily enough, almost a carbon copy of ours!

Please believe me when I say that I really dont want to come the heavy Phil, so please lets put an end to this and move on.

Jim

Old 10-16-2007, 01:54 AM

wow!

I say new section and delete the tude so, I guess I agree with both of you guys.

I believe it was the great African American poet Rodney Kingthat once gracefuly said; "can't we all just get along"? [sm=smiley33.gif]

Old 10-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 9

Hey Zeek............nice quote!

I reckon Phils just blowin off some steam as he's been a pretty good member and hopefully continues in that vein.
Still no word from admin yet..........I'll give em a nudge

Jim

Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

Sweet! Maybe I can get my pics up before the Mods move on the new section! I'm not trying to be lazy about it, its just she keeps getting dirty from the rain here in San Diego (believe it or not we have been getting rain).[:@]

Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to know you had a change of mind bud...and RE: your PM! I agree 100%. It is however, a very demanding to task to moderate all of the forums we have(specifically the X-type), and we honestly don't get any recognition for the long hours we put in. Hopefully the sections will be sorted soon enough, and the XF section will be added also! Hope Phil didn't take any offence to our reaction, seeing as we were very diplomatic about the whole ordeal, but that wasn't appreciated. However, I think we can put that behind us and look forward to a more organized and certainly busier forum. Would help a lot though if Race came back.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Old 10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member

Seen em love em.....take more.....lol

Jim