Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 XJR

For Sale

2004 Jaguar XJR

08-05-2019, 07:46 PM | Replies: 10 | Views: 2819
  • 2004 Jaguar XJR - 2004 XJR - Used - VIN SAJWA73BX4TG14656 - 168,000 Miles - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Sedan - Red - Walnut Creek, CA 94595, United States
    Sold

• Price
    $2,000
    • OBO
  • Location Walnut Creek, CA, 94595, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN SAJWA73BX4TG14656
  • Mileage 168,000
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Red
Description:

Recent photos are here (coffee and cars in June):
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-cars-219191/

Old 08-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Received 238 Likes on 147 Posts

Looks great man. How's it run?

Old 08-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

It runs fine. It's likely that there is a small vacuum leak at the throttle body, which is a known problem. I just haven't bothered to fix it. So, it throws a code every now and then. But, it still runs fine and has never failed a smog test.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the price $2,000 because of the mileage? Anything else wrong with it other than the vacuum leak?

Old 08-08-2019, 08:02 AM

I expected to disclose this when the question was asked "anything else?" No issues other than the vacuum leak, which is just an educated guess. I'm unable to find any leaks on the intake system. The throttle body issue is the only spot I haven't checked, and since it's a known issue, it is likely the cause. But, it runs fine so why bother. The other issue is the pesky low coolant light. The coolant isn't low. Just for maintenance, last year (April 2018) I replaced the hoses, the belts, the water pump and thermostat. But, the light comes on. When changing the hoses, and all that stuff, the stupid nipple on the overflow tank cracked. Keep in mind, the crack happened after the light kept on coming on. If you do a search, you'll find a post that I made. And, I knew it was possible that it would crack when dealing with the tank. I tapped it out slightly and screwed on a brass adapter but it still has a slight leak. So, it needs a tank. Big deal. So, it's likely that the electrical connector that's behind the bumper/front head lamp is causing the issue. The time it would take to fix that is not worth it to me. I wash the car every Saturday morning and check the fluids when I clean the engine compartment. It's easy to clean when it's clean to begin with. So, I add a small amount of fluid every three to four weeks. What I mean by a small amount is this: I add fluid when it gets close to min. and bring it up so it's normal, which is a small amount Big deal.

This past week, I wasn't going to be able to wash it until Sunday because I was prepping our trailer first for an upcoming trip. Up until sometime last week, it was a beautiful car. Someone hit it last week and has slight damage on the passenger side fender near the head lamp. Hit and run. Totally sucks. So, that's the whole story. If you want pictures, I can post.

I'm going to get rid of it. I'll sell it to the first decent offer. Yes, the price is $2000 OBO. Seriously, or the best offer.
If I don't get an offer, I'm either going to donate it and take the write off, or gut it and turn it into a race car (road race). If I do that, I don't want to deal with storing parts to sell. So, if I go down the path of turning it into a race car, I will be tearing stuff out and tossing everything into a landscape trailer to take to the dump. That includes the engine, transmission, dashboard, interior, and anything that isn't needed.

I just remembered one other item, which kind of added salt to the wound on Sunday. I ordered a new car cover for it and it arrived on Sunday shortly before I found the damage. I've debated returning it or including it. It's still in the box. If the offer is good enough, a new, unopened car cover could be included.

Last edited by Zazzy; 08-08-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added car cover
Old 08-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the detailed response. It does seem like a good deal. I'll send a private message if I need more information.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:29 PM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested in the car. I sent you a message.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2019, 07:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Still waiting for a response from the message I sent...
Also could you post a few pics of the damage to the left front?

Thanks in advance

Old 08-19-2019, 01:01 PM
Received 238 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Zazzy
I expected to disclose this when the question was asked "anything else?" No issues other than the vacuum leak, which is just an educated guess. I'm unable to find any leaks on the intake system. The throttle body issue is the only spot I haven't checked, and since it's a known issue, it is likely the cause. But, it runs fine so why bother. The other issue is the pesky low coolant light. The coolant isn't low. Just for maintenance, last year (April 2018) I replaced the hoses, the belts, the water pump and thermostat. But, the light comes on. When changing the hoses, and all that stuff, the stupid nipple on the overflow tank cracked. Keep in mind, the crack happened after the light kept on coming on. If you do a search, you'll find a post that I made. And, I knew it was possible that it would crack when dealing with the tank. I tapped it out slightly and screwed on a brass adapter but it still has a slight leak. So, it needs a tank. Big deal. So, it's likely that the electrical connector that's behind the bumper/front head lamp is causing the issue. The time it would take to fix that is not worth it to me. I wash the car every Saturday morning and check the fluids when I clean the engine compartment. It's easy to clean when it's clean to begin with. So, I add a small amount of fluid every three to four weeks. What I mean by a small amount is this: I add fluid when it gets close to min. and bring it up so it's normal, which is a small amount Big deal.

This past week, I wasn't going to be able to wash it until Sunday because I was prepping our trailer first for an upcoming trip. Up until sometime last week, it was a beautiful car. Someone hit it last week and has slight damage on the passenger side fender near the head lamp. Hit and run. Totally sucks. So, that's the whole story. If you want pictures, I can post.

I'm going to get rid of it. I'll sell it to the first decent offer. Yes, the price is $2000 OBO. Seriously, or the best offer.
If I don't get an offer, I'm either going to donate it and take the write off, or gut it and turn it into a race car (road race). If I do that, I don't want to deal with storing parts to sell. So, if I go down the path of turning it into a race car, I will be tearing stuff out and tossing everything into a landscape trailer to take to the dump. That includes the engine, transmission, dashboard, interior, and anything that isn't needed.

I just remembered one other item, which kind of added salt to the wound on Sunday. I ordered a new car cover for it and it arrived on Sunday shortly before I found the damage. I've debated returning it or including it. It's still in the box. If the offer is good enough, a new, unopened car cover could be included.

Man I'm sorry to hear all that. Keep us updated on what you decide to do with it.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:34 PM

Brian,

I was away and wasn't able to respond until now. I sent a PM with our phone number.

Thanks

Old 08-26-2019, 07:08 AM

Sold.