Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PART OUT - 2002 XK8 Platinum Convertible

For Sale

Miscellaneous

11-15-2022, 12:53 PM | Replies: 81 | Views: 5344
  • Miscellaneous - PART OUT - 2002 XK8 Platinum Convertible - Used - 1997 to 2006 Jaguar XK8 - San Ramon, CA 94583, United States
  • Miscellaneous - PART OUT - 2002 XK8 Platinum Convertible - Used - 1997 to 2006 Jaguar XK8 - San Ramon, CA 94583, United States

• Price
    $1
  • Location San Ramon, CA, 94583, USA
  • Condition Used
  • Compatibility
Make Model Year
Jaguar XK8 1997 - 2006
Description:

Parting out my 2002 XK8 Platinum Silver/Oatmeal convertible. The drive train, interior and most of the car itself is in great condition with just over 100k. Just about everything is still available including a set of Conventry Whitney 18 inch staggered rims. I would be inclined to sell the entire car if someone were interested. 

Old 11-16-2022, 05:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

I recently purchased an 02 XKR with only 23k miles on it. Mine is platinum and black, and is nearly perfect. However, i do need a few items to complete the car.

I am looking for the black plastic trim that runs across the rear of the inside of the trunk.
Mine is intact but scuffed, so I am only interested in a (near) perfect replacement.

I am also looking for the small black plastic trim that runs above the headlights under (inside) the hood. I am missing one, but will buy both if you don’t want to break the set.

Thanks , Mike

Old 11-16-2022, 08:07 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to be clear you are needing the plastic panel that covers the rear of the trunk space where the truck latch is? If so, the one I have is near perfect condition. The piece is a little oversized so shipping might be pricey. I checked on EBAY and there are a couple that look to be in good shape but the one I have is better as I can't find a scratch on it. I'd want $75 plus shipping. If you want I can check on the shipping cost. It appears I can't private message you?

Old 11-16-2022, 08:08 PM

As far as the plastic headlight rain? panels/sleeves I don't have those.

Old 11-17-2022, 10:31 AM

No one needs an awesome set of rims? Coventry Whitley Hyper Silver staggered 18's. These rims are no longer manufactured and are somewhat hard to find especially staggered.

https://www.coventrywheels.com/Jagua...-rims-whitley/

Last edited by tmattson57; 11-18-2022 at 10:26 AM. Reason: mispelling/added info
Old 11-17-2022, 05:33 PM

Sorry about the private message issue. I have now been a member for 24 hours, and I believe I am restricted for the first three days?

can you send/post pics of the trunk panel?
previous owner had an ill fitting battery charger mounted in the trunk, which forced the trunk floor to be off kilter and damaged the surround.
Yes, i am looking for the black, solid plastic, panel(s) that run the full width and over the latch.
I don’t even know the right name for the black fillers in the front I asked about. I have the passengers side but need the drivers side. It’s a very thin piece that goes over the headlight and into the fender.
I know you said you don’t have them, I just want to make sure we are speaking about the same piece.
Thanks

Old 11-17-2022, 06:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tmattson57
No one needs an awesome set of rims? Coventry Whitney Hyper Silver staggered 18's.

https://www.coventrywheels.com/Jagua...-rims-whitley/
How much are the wheels?

Old 11-18-2022, 05:47 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Driver's side mirror

Originally Posted by tmattson57
Parting out my 2002 XK8 Platinum Silver/Oatmeal convertible. The drive train, interior and most of the car itself is in great condition with just over 100k. Just about everything is still available including a set of Conventry Whitney 18 inch staggered rims. I would be inclined to sell the entire car if someone were interested.
Is the complete left (Driver's side) mirror a available? If so...price?

Old 11-18-2022, 10:05 AM

PM'd

Old 11-18-2022, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rhode-ster
Sorry about the private message issue. I have now been a member for 24 hours, and I believe I am restricted for the first three days?

can you send/post pics of the trunk panel?
previous owner had an ill fitting battery charger mounted in the trunk, which forced the trunk floor to be off kilter and damaged the surround.
Yes, i am looking for the black, solid plastic, panel(s) that run the full width and over the latch.
I don’t even know the right name for the black fillers in the front I asked about. I have the passengers side but need the drivers side. It’s a very thin piece that goes over the headlight and into the fender.
I know you said you don’t have them, I just want to make sure we are speaking about the same piece.
Thanks
Here are some pics of the trunk panel and yes I believe we are talking about the same part for the headlights.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49aljwyzf9..._7049.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq2a80vrgb..._7050.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg9d0fwbpc..._7051.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmdkvwmarn..._7052.JPG?dl=0

Old 11-20-2022, 04:06 PM

Sorry for the delays on my part. Lots going on.

I am interested. I would also like to ask about the left and right pieces that would be behind the taillights. Do you still have them, and what condition are they in ?

Do you still have the entire wood kit? Full dash and shift surround? If yes, what condition are they in?

I may qualify for PM now. I know some features are restricted for the first 72 hours. I don’t know how to access the PM feature, but feel free to give it a try if you’d like.

Thanks

Old 11-20-2022, 10:07 PM
Old 11-21-2022, 12:47 PM

Can you give me a price for the three trunk trims with shipping?

I will pass on the wood pieces. Mine is about 98% so if I come across a flawless set, I will take it. My semi-goal is to find a perfect set to put away for when mine gets the dreaded fade-bubble-split etc.

Thank you

Old 11-22-2022, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rhode-ster
Can you give me a price for the three trunk trims with shipping?

I will pass on the wood pieces. Mine is about 98% so if I come across a flawless set, I will take it. My semi-goal is to find a perfect set to put away for when mine gets the dreaded fade-bubble-split etc.

Thank you
PM'd with price

Old 11-22-2022, 05:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HI TMattson57 - I am interested in your oatmeal Interior - the entire interior including the front windshield top and sides (mouse fur) trim pieces and the center top-windshield-mounted light cluster. Please let me know what's available and condition / pics as you are able to.

Thanks
Steve (risctaker)

Old 11-22-2022, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by risctaker
HI TMattson57 - I am interested in your oatmeal Interior - the entire interior including the front windshield top and sides (mouse fur) trim pieces and the center top-windshield-mounted light cluster. Please let me know what's available and condition / pics as you are able to.

Thanks
Steve (risctaker)
Hi Steve I'm away for the holiday but when I get back I will send pics. I have the entire interior still available.

Old 11-23-2022, 09:48 AM

Thanks. Enjoy the holiday

Old 11-26-2022, 10:13 PM

Thanks
Steve (risctaker)
Hi Steve...I'm back at home. Are you interested in the seats (front and back) as well?

Old 11-28-2022, 09:56 AM

Hi TMattson57,

I would be most interested in the front driver's seat as mine is pretty deteriorated but condition is everything. Considering shipping cost from CA to PA, the seat and other items would have to be in VG condition. Here's a short list of my "most wants":

1. Driver's seat
2. Seat belt retractor (passenger side if that makes any diff) The type that has the electrical connector for the air bag, etc.
3. Entire top and sides of windshield trim pieces
4. Center light cluster / console
5. Both sun visors with lighted mirrors
6. Convertible top boot cover
7. Trunk-mounted fuse/relay box (In front of the batter - assuming it has removable connectors and wires don't have to be cut)
8. Console shifter wood surround
9. Wood shifter knob
10. Passenger side rear view mirror
11, Trans shift cable (runs from the shifter under the car to the "circular switch)
12. Circular switch (mounted on the tranny)

I may think of other parts but the above represents my "most wanted" list. Thanks for any pix / descriptions available on these.

Steve

Old 11-28-2022, 10:33 AM

Hi TMattson57,

I would be most interested in the front driver's seat as mine is pretty deteriorated but condition is everything. Considering shipping cost from CA to PA, the seat and other items would have to be in VG condition. Here's a short list of my "most wants":

1. Driver's seat
2. Seat belt retractor (passenger side if that makes any diff) The type that has the electrical connector for the air bag, etc.
3. Entire top and sides of windshield trim pieces
4. Center light cluster / console
5. Both sun visors with lighted mirrors
6. Convertible top boot cover
7. Trunk-mounted fuse/relay box (In front of the batter - assuming it has removable connectors and wires don't have to be cut)
8. Console shifter wood surround
9. Wood shifter knob
10. Passenger side rear view mirror
11, Trans shift cable (runs from the shifter under the car to the "circular switch)
12. Circular switch (mounted on the tranny)

I may think of other parts but the above represents my "most wanted" list. Thanks for any pix / descriptions available on these.

Steve
PM'd you