MKI / MKII S type 240 340 & Daimler 1955 - 1967

Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe

Hi everyone,

My father has a 1967 MK2 and 1976 MGB both left hand drive for sale.

We live in New Zealand and unfortunately there is not much of a market for these vehicles here as people drive right hand drive cars.

Would anyone have any suggestions for websites or dealers around Europe or in America that I should contact?

Both cars are completely restored and in amazing condition.

Much appreciated

Regards,
Luka

Attached Thumbnails Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe-1-1.jpg   Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe-2.jpg   Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe-3.png   Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe-4.png   Where to sell a lhd MK2 in Europe-5.png  

Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts

Nice! Great pics,they both bring back memories,particularly the Mk11 Had the same model in white and still remember the number plate (JKS 111)
Hope they find a good home.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 239 Posts

I would just post them on e-bay, and other Jaguar club and association cites. Look into the cost of the cheapest way to ship the car out of the country so you are aware of what that cost is and you can post it for a price excluding shipping.

There also might be car sale agents like you see on the Velocity channel show "chasing classic cars" Wayne of that show does that and is in the East Coast. For those people they mainly work on concourse level cars or cars ultra rare in any condition. Those models you have are not super rare yet so they must be in very good condition most likely to garner an agent's interest.

I purchased my Jaguar 3.8s and it was in another state. I never saw the car in person and went completely on the pictures posted. What was funny is this was my very first e-bay purchase and now I have a great Jag close to being my dream daily driver for work On E-bay most exclude shipping costs of the car and E-bay has shipping vendors available or you can research your own or leave it to the buyer. I went on the web and found someone whom delivered the car two states away for an inexpensive cost.

My wild guess based on your pics as they look like nice quality drivers would be right now for a US buyer is between $15 to $20K unless it is concourse level which in lemans terms it better look like you can eat off the engine and the undercarriage needs to look like it just came out of the factory.

Last edited by primaz; 06-08-2013 at 06:47 PM.