New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

1st time Jag owner in Grand Rapids, MI USA

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time Jag owner in Grand Rapids, MI USA

Jumped in with both feet on a 2002 S Type 4.0. Love it, love it, love it!

Going to need to find a good jag technician in Grand Rapids. The local Jag dealer is lovely, but a bit pricy (I think).

I know its the suspension is going to need a little TLC in the next year or so, but I also need someone to make sure everything is good from time to time.

This looks like the place to be!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow Bear
Jumped in with both feet on a 2002 S Type 4.0. Love it, love it, love it!

Going to need to find a good jag technician in Grand Rapids. The local Jag dealer is lovely, but a bit pricy (I think).

I know its the suspension is going to need a little TLC in the next year or so, but I also need someone to make sure everything is good from time to time.

This looks like the place to be!
I live in Plainfield Township (NE of GR) and I think you're talking about Sharpe right? I never have had service there, but I've bought parts from them numerous times for my BMW. Their reputation among people I know is that they do good work, and are honest and polite, but they aren't cheap.

I do all my own work, so I don't personally have a recommendation but I know from people I work with that Euro Autowerks (Euro Autowerks) in Rockford, MI is an affordable, knowledgeable, stand up facility. One of my coworkers had countless work done there (when he didn't have the time himself) a clutch install messed up once there on a Porsche 928 and the owner made absolutely everything right(completely at the the shop owner's expense). They do things right 99% of the time and when a mistake is made, they do all they can to make it right.

I know a testimonial where I say a shop messed up may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think that showing how a shop handles themselves is crucial too.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Received 6,269 Likes on 5,466 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Sounds like some good advice above.
Glad to have you with us.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Welcome!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sRule
I live in Plainfield Township (NE of GR) and I think you're talking about Sharpe right? I never have had service there, but I've bought parts from them numerous times for my BMW. Their reputation among people I know is that they do good work, and are honest and polite, but they aren't cheap.

I do all my own work, so I don't personally have a recommendation but I know from people I work with that Euro Autowerks (Euro Autowerks) in Rockford, MI is an affordable, knowledgeable, stand up facility. One of my coworkers had countless work done there (when he didn't have the time himself) a clutch install messed up once there on a Porsche 928 and the owner made absolutely everything right(completely at the the shop owner's expense). They do things right 99% of the time and when a mistake is made, they do all they can to make it right.

I know a testimonial where I say a shop messed up may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I think that showing how a shop handles themselves is crucial too.
To err is human; to make it good without a lot of drama, divine.

If memory serves, I think Euro is out by the track in Grattan, or did they move in a little closer to civilization?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow Bear
To err is human; to make it good without a lot of drama, divine.

If memory serves, I think Euro is out by the track in Grattan, or did they move in a little closer to civilization?
Still way out there, a little east of Bostwick Lake. Not too bad a drive for someone like me where I live NE of GR, versus someone Downtown, Byron Center, Jenison or further south and/or west.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Shadow welcome to the board
Good to have you here with us!
Loads goin on and some great guys in the S type section......
very good FAQ too

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can immediately enjoy all the benefits this site has to offer.

Some great guys / DIY'ers and top techs here all friendly and willing to help if able, so jump right in and enjoy