New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

2005 S-Type - Key and remote don't unlock doors, unlocking trunk with key fixes tempo

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2005 S-Type - Key and remote don't unlock doors, unlocking trunk with key fixes tempo

In the last week, the remote for my wife's 2005 S-Type stopped unlocking the doors. She has two remotes, both worked fine one week ago and neither works now. When it is in this state, if you put the physical key in the driver's door, it won't go in all the way. There is no keyhole on the passenger side.

When it is in this state, I can open the trunk using the physical key. This causes the alarm to go off which I can then shut off with the remote. Once I do this, the remote works fine until I try to get into the car again some time later. The battery appears strong and we have no problems driving the car once we unlock the trunk.

I think that I can also put the physical key in the driver door after I use the key to unlock the trunk, but I can't swear to that. I will test this again this evening.

I searched the forum and found some articles but nothing that seemed specific to my issue, although I might have missed something. Any help is appreciated.

Biff

Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Did you try changing out the battery in the fob?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:41 PM

No I didn't try changing the batteries. Two remotes work normally after unlocking the trunk so I eliminated the batteries as an issue.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

It would be to your advantage to post your question on the S-Type area of this forum. I would suggest you look at doing this.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to the forum Biff,

As Gus says you should post in the S Type area.

Some people have had good results from cleaning the battery contacts and reseating the battery.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM

Hi Gus,

I wish I had more clarity around what the baseline / criteria is. I may have my car in the shop before I get any answers.

I don't know where to put in my car details. I did enter car details in the place that asked for it but apparently that was not sufficient.

I did not originally post in the S-Type forum because I was not sure this was S-Type specific. Now looking for the S-Type forum I am having troubles locating it.

Biff

Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 PM

Hi Norri,

The car battery or the remote battery?

Biff