New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Brand New

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brand New

Hi All,

Just got our first Jag a couple weeks ago. I've already had stacks of questions and muddled-through the various forums w/o the ability to ask direct questions. Found some answers though, so I'm on the right track.

We bought a 2003 X-Type that was garaged-kept and only driven twice per month. I'd give it a 90 out of 100 in terms of being well-kept. It did need tires and a battery. The rear tires were actually original. So after a grand detail job, a set of tires and new battery, things are pretty spiffy now. I'm already ready for another one. After some post-purchase research, I found many options I'd love to have, but did not come on this car. But baby steps, right?

We're in Tampa, FL and looking to join a club of some sort. (Actually that should be I am looking for a club to join) My wife is not a car enthusiast whatsoever.

In the intro it said to post something here and put up some pics of the car, but the fine print at the bottom of this page says that I may not post any pics.

Okay, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Best regards,

Russell
Tampa, FL

Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,695 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Hello Russell, welcome to the forums and congrats on your X Type! loads of info for your newly aquired ride here alonmg with some friendly stuff as well.

As far as pictures you can use sites like photobucket etc... now, but you have to wait for the 10 post minium or Jims upgrade to use the picture posting option here.

Maybe after finding a club to join, the wifey may just get bitten too.

Good Luck and enjoy your time here.

The following users liked this post:
flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Congrat's on your X Type.

Check the regional section for your area, we have members around Tampa.

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Russell, great to have you here with us at JF.
Hope we can help with any issues / questions you may have

Nice choice on the X type.....had an 02 myself, the AWD is awesome

Some great guys here, top techs, good info and more than a few laughs here n there, so jump in and enjoy......

manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Full access now, so no excuse for the pics!

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Hi Russell and welcome to the forum! As far as clubs go, there is a Jaguar Club of Florida
as well as the Suncoast Jaguar Club - both part of Jaguar Clubs of North America. Check it out, there is probably something going on in your area.

Suncoast Jaguar Club Page
Welcome to the Frontpage

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Default Nice welcome!

Thanks everyone! I'm very glad to be a part of this group. I'll dig back in and figure out how to put some photos up. I'm afraid they may not be all that interesting. Its a black Jag with light tan interior. Nothing modified and all stock from what I can tell.

I put on a set of Bridgestone Potenza G19s, renewed the wiper blades (Bosch) and now I'm trying to find the right polish/polymer.

I'm also considering changing the stock radio/phone with a flat panel. I've looked at a few that have high def screens, bluetooth, backup camera, GPS and steering wheel controls. (and all I wanted was bluetooth so my phone will play nice with the car)

My current conundrum is the kit needed so this dual din unit looks like it was meant to go into the car. The ones I've seen pictures of don't seem to match quite right (in color). The shape seems to work well.

From what I can gather, I can get all the hookups, harnesses and connections. The trouble would be trimming it out so it looks like it was meant to be there. I'm not really one for changing the interior of the car simply because I don't have experience in this area. I am fully capable of installing audio though...I've done that quite a few times. I just want it to look proper once its in the dash.

Pictures coming soon!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

-Russell
Tampa, FL
2003 X Type

Old 10-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you search around in the X Type section you will find that others have already done the audio upgrade you are talking of. You should be all there and pretty straight forward..

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Originally Posted by flvoiceguy
Thanks everyone! Its a black Jag with light tan interior. Nothing modified and all stock from what I can tell..... and now I'm trying to find the right polish/polymer.

Hi Russell and welcome to the forum! I'm a fan-boy for Meguiar's MicroFiber D/A paint correction system. It does a (black) body good!
NO experiance necessary....and if you can mess up your finish using it...well, I'm normally good at discovering such and I couldn't figure out how:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/d...pective-56723/

Since this post I've used it to shine up a wrecking yard fender that appears to have spent it's recent life in an outdoor dirt/leaf repository there in your fair state of FL around the Orlando area. Also brought "John Deere Green" back to my tractor hood from what one might call, "Lime Drab." Good stuff if you have a DA...and if you don't....you're gonna need one with a black Jag.....just sayin'.....

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Originally Posted by flvoiceguy
Thanks everyone! Its a black Jag with light tan interior. Nothing modified and all stock from what I can tell..... and now I'm trying to find the right polish/polymer.

Hi Russell and welcome to the forum! I'm a fan-boy for Meguiar's MicroFiber D/A paint correction system. It does a (black) body good!
NO experiance necessary....and if you can mess up your finish using it...well, I'm normally good at discovering such and I couldn't figure out how:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/d...pective-56723/

Since this post I've used it to shine up a wrecking yard fender that appears to have spent it's recent life in an outdoor dirt/leaf repository there in your fair state of FL around the Orlando area. Also brought "John Deere Green" back to my tractor hood from what one might call, "Lime Drab." Good stuff if you have a DA...and if you don't....you're gonna need one with a black Jag.....just sayin'.....

flvoiceguy (10-10-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

welcome! im originally from south tampa and now live full time in gainesville.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM

Excellent, where did you live in ST?

-RH