New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Checking in - S60R owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Checking in - S60R owner

Bigjimskictchen.com <------HAHAHA Good one.
Quil, I don't HATE ford, but they shitted themselves with cheap and crappy craftsmanship during the 90's so I'm a little biased. The reason I got the S, is because the interior was immaculate, and she was a BEAUT for 10K. Plus, she's RWD!
SoCal, thanks for taking the lashings, I guess I wasn't quite myself last week. Or I was trying to replace Race's comments. Cool guy though, just hope you get the joy of having a Jag soon!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speaking of crappy interiors anyone check out the silverados interior? I've never really liked any of the gm interiors because their wood interiors always look fake! Man the f150 interior is sooo much nicer!

You kidding me on the crappy craftsmanship in the 90's bit? Biggest mistake I could see for ford in the 90's was the early 90's in the ford tempo and ford aerostar! Other than that ford was awesome in the 90's...I got 220k miles on my 5.0 f-150 which I sold 3 or 4 years ago now and saw it a year ago still running! My uncle has had nothing but excellent luck with both of his taurus's that he's had (94 and 99) my aunt has a 96 windstar and that thing is good for what its good for....personally don't like minivans! I say all of the american car manufacturers are the same except the chrysler line-up and anyone would tell you that chrysler was fine til the germans took over! Don't get me wrong but I only don't like chevy silverados mainly because every single one i've seen always needs an exhaust 4 years into its life! Other than that though I like gm cars and vans!
Not picking a fight by the way biggie just stating my take...you still love me right?[sm=drlove.gif]

Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

I guess you had better luck than most of the people I knew around me in the late 90's where everyone was trading in their Fords for anything else, because they were having too many problems...I guess I'm just biased! BTW, I won't go as far as saying I love you, but you can say that I care for you from the heart of my bottom!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  6.3 KB
ORIGINAL: bigdreams05
Apart from the crappy designs, for most of the 90's and through 2000's the cars reliability was horrible, with the exception of the mustang and their trucks! They had the most recalls of any automotive company, and have you noticed that the interior on our cars SUCKS! Maybe that's why I hate ford!
Biggie.........have you considered that Ford probably sell more than some of the other companies put together?...lol
I remember on Top Gear, JC was testing the F150 pickup truck........he raved about it then as usual picked holes in it, but in the end sorta liked it. He said If I remember at one point that there was someone selling one of these somewhere every 25 secs or some equally silly figure like that. No wonder so many recalls if they sell soooo many!

JC

Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Hey socal here's a good deal on a niiice type r!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...em280132491074

Old 07-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 22

Nice find Aquill..............that guy obviouslu loves that car.....so much so, he's taken 24 pics to show it off. Looks a stormer!
What'd you reckon SoCal?

JC

Old 07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Well mainly I let him know about that one because it is in California...the mileage is great the car looks great, and the guy selling it seems really nice. He says he'd help to get it anywhere near the sfrancisco bay area and would even take it to the terminal for shipment at no cost...

Old 07-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's one hell of a WHIP, and the full warranty. That's a great find on ebay.

The only thing I don't like about the car is the color wood interior, looks like a Lexus or something.

But this car SoCal, be a real man...lol.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL...thanks for the link.

a) I'm only turning my 1st year on the S60R, so I'm upside down in it for another 6-12 months. Then I can start listing it for private party sale and cover the remainder of my lease.

b) That R is a 2003. I'm in a 2006 now. If I buy a Jag, I expect to buy at least 2006 or newer. I never buy backwards in years unless I'm going to get my 1974 DeTomaso Pantera.

c) I like the Volvo for now...and I'm just researching my options right now. I love the S-Type R, but I've never even ridden in one yet. Not ready to make the spontaneous leap into an e-bay purchase.

as far as the real man part...I could drive a pink Miata and be secure in my masculenity. [8D]

Old 07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member

Hey real men wear pink! The new miata's are actually nice! Who cares the year! You look at an 07 stype r for next year or the year after your looking at well over 40k for that year since you don't like going backward! How many people are honestly going to ask you the year when your driving it? Understand not wanting one right this second!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member

Sometimes Socal.......you can get an amazing deal on sumthin maybe 2-3 years old in immaculate as new condition with low low miles.........stick a private plate ( vanity plate) on it.......no ones the wiser.

"as far as the real man part...I could drive a pink Miata and be secure in my masculenity. [8D] "......lol.....Go Socal

I reckon you should prove that point by dressing in pink and take a pic in one of those Miata's.....Who agrees??....lol

JC

Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

You could probably sell ur s60r for a good amount of money now, if anyone asks why u selling so soon say ur getting a jaguar, that will shut them up. It did when we sold are stang.

You probably will make a few thousand off the exchange in cars, and u will gain 100 horsepower, the classiest of cars, the respect of my aquill and jimbo, and the ladies will me all over u.

Plus that Jag is still covered under warranty, so it's not like buying a 4 year old car that will have a ton of mechanical problems, cuz ur covered. You should get the Kbb for your car, and see how much u could make off this transatction.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member

He has a lease didn't buy the s60 r so he's trying to pass the lease on...along with the lease payments...To me when you buy a car still under factory warranty you have nothing to lose! The car is better than new and every jag that I've seen that is still under factory warranty looked brand new! I couldn't tell the difference on the ones I test drove at the dealer!

Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 AM

I never knew volvo had an R line up..lol With that said your car is nice. What numbers are you pushing out of that thing or is it stock since its a lease?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 AM

Well...mostly stock...I had the stock muffler cut off within a couple days of bringing it home. I don't believe in mufflers. I think exhaust systems are a scam! LOL....plus, its one of those big square suitcase mufflers...weighs about 55 lbs. I had a 2nd resonator welded in and it sounds pretty nice...I especially enjoy the little backfire pops when I downshift the Geartronic trans. (some custom piping and tips too)

(like so...)

I lowered it with Evolve springs...Evolve is the only company that makes an aftermarket body kit for the R. They're very nice, but a little too "racer" for me. Plus...this thing sits low enough to scrape 1/2 the drives I enter as is.

I put an air intake kit on. The Swedes were kind enough to setup an air tunnel from the grill to the airbox...so the open filter is heatshielded to make use of the diverted fresh air...just eliminating the vacuum of the box. Sound much nicer too..you can actually hear the turbo spool and blow off with the airbox removed.

The only other mod was getting the 18" Pegasus (stock R rims) powdercoated in metallic black with a coat of clear. Me likes the black rims.

As far as what I'm putting down in the 300bhp 5 cyl. turbo....see below:

Old 07-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

damn u lose 60hp from the motor to the wheels. did u have the air conditioning on or something?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Veteran Member

lb ft. vs. hp there 04...yeah what did happen to the hp because isn't the car supposed to have 300 hp with nearly 300 lb ft. too?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:55 AM

That's hp at the wheels. Most automatics will lose about 20% from the flywheel to the wheels. Especially in AWD cars...2 differentials transferring power. The upside is....the flywheel tq rating is 300 lb/ft and the car actually put that much to the wheels. That's a good sign.

Wouldn't matter if I had the AC on or not...the engineers at Volvo were smart enough to cut off the AC condenser when a certain throttle position is reached...so when you floor it in the summer, you get all you power and don't even notice the AC off since its usually only for a matter of seconds.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: SoCal_S60R
Wouldn't matter if I had the AC on or not...the engineers at Volvo were smart enough to cut off the AC condenser when a certain throttle position is reached...so when you floor it in the summer, you get all you power and don't even notice the AC off since its usually only for a matter of seconds.
Great Idea from the guys at VolvoSocal............more OEM's should use it!

Jim

Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 20

ORIGINAL: SoCal_S60R
Great Idea from the Volvo Guys there Socal.........more OEM's should use that feature!

Jim

Quick Reply: Checking in - S60R owner