New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Greetings from Nanaimo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Greetings from Nanaimo!

Sun porch of Canada and bathtub racing capitol of the world. My wife and I are recent owners of a pair of 1991 Jaguars,one base and one Soverign,and are thrilled to bits!

They are sweet to run,and to me seem to be very well made cars. Granted they both have their little see-too,s,but for any car of this vintage,are well within my skill-set.

I will add more info as I go along, undertaking repairs as required, and posting lot's of pics. I come from the technical side but am totally new to Jaguar, and wrenching on cars in general. Power equipment, Motorcycles, and things that go putt-putt are more my thing.

A humongous thank you to all the Pro's, and helpful peep's in the forums who take the time to help:icon_imno tworthy:answer the questions posed, and keep these cars out of the scrapper!

I am a luddite when it comes to computers, but will figure things out as i go along, and should have posted here sooner,begging forgiveness.

First little job will be build special tools, as it is very cold outside, and the object of the desire is in a tent, but warm in front of the woodstove in the cave/shop!

Will post pics soon,

Cheers,Jim.

Last edited by GGG; 12-10-2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: add line breaks
The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (12-11-2013)
Old 12-10-2013, 03:11 AM
GGG
Received 16,820 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jim,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar Forums. One request from me - please use line breaks. A single block of text is very hard to read!

I can see you've already found the XJ40 tech forum so there's no need for a link from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Canada Region forum by following this link Canada - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your country.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 AM
Received 4,192 Likes on 3,653 Posts

welcome to the forum and the Jag family - plenty of info and support here - all at your fingertips - enjoy!!

Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Received 6,257 Likes on 5,457 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Jim,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 12-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Always nice to see a new member from BC!

Stop by our regional section from time to time to see what's going on. The link is in my sig.

Mike

Old 12-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

See you in the forums....

Old 12-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Welcome Jim! I hear the Island is very active for Jag owners.