New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Helllooo

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Helllooo

Hey guys, let me just start by saying my name is Julian. I'm from eastern CT area.. Nothing exciting. I just recently picked up a 00 stype 3 liter with 90k for 4500. Not sure if it was a steal but I'd say it was well worth the money. I recently bought and air ride setup for it as well and am halfway through the install. Ill post pictures when everything is done and cleaned up. I am currently bagging the car on 20x8.5in wheels but its not really going as expected. I realize not too many of you bag your cars as its not the smartest modification but forgive me, I'm coming from the European car scene with slammed and stanced out cars just for scene points. I've since grown up a bit and realized driving around static is for the younger generation and for thoes who don't care about the undercarriage of there cars.

Back on topic, the front suspension is done and installed but aired out completely I'm not even tucking tire on my wheels. (Kinda upset I spent 2500 bucks to lower and raise my car 2 inches) I've searched and searched but can't seem to find any helpful info. Do the Bilstien sport shocks have any height difference in them compared to stock? Can I possibly run two rear shocks in the front because thoes are noticeably different in height? I've seen 4-5 stypes just scrolling through pictures laying frame and tucking have of there wheels in the fender. What am I doing wrong? Someone help!
Thanks
Julian

Old 07-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome to the clan! Afraid I'll be no help with the suspension question, but I'll be watching for photos on your progress on the project. These cars are pretty sweet when you put a personal spin on them. Check out the S-Type forum for technical questions.

S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

Welcome to the forum Julian,

Good to have you here with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

This link Exterior - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum takes you to the Exterior section covering all exterior modifications.

You can also visit the US North East Region section by following this link North East US - ME NH VT MA RI CT NJ NY PA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 07-11-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum, Julian.
Follow Graham's advice and enjoy your membership here.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Julian, I am impressed by your avante-gard stance which I admire, and I am of a firm belief that what you do with your Jaguar is YOUR business and I also think that Jaguars being rather different to so many other cars out there have a certain unique magnetism.
That alone attracts the traditional kind of enthusiast but with so much personality it also appeals to the imagination as well! Well played! I cannot advise sadly on your mods and suspension, but I'm sure some of the guys here can help!
Good Luck, keep your faith and retain your flair for YOUR STYLE! Glad you are here!
Happy Days Stu

Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

Welcome to the forum Julian,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Received 4,180 Likes on 3,643 Posts

welcome to the forum

Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the quick replys guys.

I adjusted my signature, hopefully the wonderful cell service I have actually let it save.

I have to be honest, as I am still very new and unknowing you all are very nice. Unlike most other forums like Bimmerforums and VWvortex where everyone hates on one another unless you have a show quality car..

As for an update on my air suspension I still cannot find a company that makes shorter shocks for the S type. Wondering if I could possibly just buy Coilovers for a Lincoln LS? I actually spent a good 2 hours walking around in the back of our local European junkyard today looking at rear shocks that may have been a bit shorter than the stock shocks on the jaguar and nothing...
I even tried using the two rears in the front but that ended up not working as well. As the rears are a good 4-6 inches shorter than the fronts. I only need 2 inches I took a look at some 2000 BMW e39 rear shocks that may work they are about 2 inches shorter than the jags fronts and also have more of a piston travel. Just need to do a little more research on compression ratings. I don't want to blow these out in a week because they can't handle the weight of the car.

As for help for ya'll..
I still need to find out what you guys are using to lower your S type?
Are Bilstien sport shocks any shorter than stock?
And last but not least, what are "non CAT" shocks? I keep seeing this as I look through the forums. Sorry if I sound like an noob but I catch on quick!
Thanks again
Julian

Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

CATS is an acronym for Computer Active Technology Suspension. I believe most guys here use alternate springs to lower the S-Type. You may be in a minority using airbags. It will probably yield better results asking these questions in the model forum

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...charged-v8-15/

Old 07-12-2013, 02:20 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Stypehooligan
............... I adjusted my signature, hopefully the wonderful cell service I have actually let it save............ As for an update on my air suspension I still cannot find a company that makes shorter shocks for the S type.........
Julian,

Signature is good - next challenge is to add a SigPic.

As Tommy suggested, you need to ask the suspension questions in S-Type tech section [ S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum ] for advice from members with the same model.

Graham

Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 AM
GGG

Originally Posted by Stypehooligan
............... I adjusted my signature, hopefully the wonderful cell service I have actually let it save............ As for an update on my air suspension I still cannot find a company that makes shorter shocks for the S type.........
Julian,

Signature is good - next challenge is to add a SigPic.

As Tommy suggested, you need to ask the suspension questions in S-Type tech section [ S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum ] for advice from members with the same model. Many members read new Intros but then don't check back for new posts to the same thread.

Graham

Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................