New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello everyone! New owner - 2005 XKR

Old 05-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile Hello everyone! New owner - 2005 XKR

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2005 XKR coupe (factory handling package option, BBS 20" sepang wheels, red Brembos, one owner, 109k miles, original window sticker, full records, ebony/charcoal, excellent condition - my car in my avatar).

My only Jaguar experience is when my wife and I rented a XK8 convertible in 1999 to spend two weeks in Napa/Sonoma/Carmel by the Sea. I've wanted a XKR or XK8 ever since and with our imminent repatriation to the US from France, there was not a better time than now to make the purchase!

Looking forward our future exchanges and to discovering the wealth of information which I am certain to find in the forum.

Best Regards, Fred

Last edited by newXKRguy; 05-14-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:40 AM
GGG
Received 16,747 Likes on 12,140 Posts

Welcome to the forum Fred,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. Did you buy the XKR in France with the intention of exporting to the US or in the US ready for your return?

Follow this link XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR forum for help, advice and information.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the US Southwest Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/southwest-us-az-tx-nm-ok-37/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
newXKRguy (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Received 4,171 Likes on 3,636 Posts

welcome to the forum - you will find plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Graham has provided - enjoy!!

newXKRguy (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

Welcome Fred, Nice looking Jag

newXKRguy (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum Fred, Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. Did you buy the XKR in France with the intention of exporting to the US or in the US ready for your return.
Hi Graham, thanks for the links and info. I've updated my signature and added some photos in my garage. I bought the XKR in central Texas and it is stored in my sister's garage until our final return in August. Can't wait to get back to the US after 10 years in expatriation. We just sold our Alfa Romeo Mito last week in preparation for our return.

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-14-2014, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by sklimii
welcome to the forum - you will find plenty of info and support here simply follow the links Graham has provided - enjoy!!
Hi Steve, will do and thanks for the welcome. Can't wait to be back and spending Saturdays with the XKR. Fortunately my wife understands.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-14-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Fulton
Welcome Fred, Nice looking Jag
Hi Jeff, thanks! I searched a long time to find the perfect XK for me. Can't wait to get home and take it out. A big shout-out to the original owner who took such good care of her for me for the first 9 years !

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-14-2014, 05:09 PM
GGG
Received 16,747 Likes on 12,140 Posts

Originally Posted by newXKRguy
Hi Graham, thanks for the links and info. I've updated my signature and added some photos in my garage. I bought the XKR in central Texas and it is stored in my sister's garage until our final return in August. Can't wait to get back to the US after 10 years in expatriation. We just sold our Alfa Romeo Mito last week in preparation for our return.

Looking forward to participating in the forum.

Best Regards, Fred
Fred,

I had Sepangs on my Frost Blue 2005 XK8 Coupe. They look even better against your Ebony XKR.

Hello everyone! New owner - 2005 XKR-fred.jpg

Hope your move back to Texas goes smoothly.

Graham

Old 05-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Received 52 Likes on 13 Posts

Fred,
Welcome ! Good to have another Texas XKR among us. Awesome looking ride !

Old 05-14-2014, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by zjdmm1
Fred, Welcome ! Good to have another Texas XKR among us. Awesome looking ride !
Hi John, thanks! Good to be here. My sister-in-law lives in Frisco, so we'll be in the Dallas area often. I'll keep an eye out for you. Shouldn't be hard to spot in your good looking 2002. Is it topaz or one of the silver colors? I couldn't quite tell from your photos. The XK coupes look great in either.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Received 6,239 Likes on 5,441 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Fred,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 05-14-2014, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to Jaguar Forums Fred, If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you
Hi Norri, thanks, I've updated my sig and added some photos.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Fred, I had Sepangs on my Frost Blue 2005 XK8 Coupe. They look even better against your Ebony XKR. Hope your move back to Texas goes smoothly
Thanks Graham. I was looking for a silver coupe, but this car was so well documented and cared for that I couldn't pass it up. The Sepangs with the red Brembos really do look good against the black body.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Received 52 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by newXKRguy
Hi John, thanks! Good to be here. My sister-in-law lives in Frisco, so we'll be in the Dallas area often. I'll keep an eye out for you. Shouldn't be hard to spot in your good looking 2002. Is it topaz or one of the silver colors? I couldn't quite tell from your photos. The XK coupes look great in either.

Best Regards, Fred
I do indeed love the coupes and yours looks fantastic. To my eyes it's "silver" but Jag, in it's infinite wisdom (and to make it sound a bit fancier) calls it Platinum Metallic (MDZ). I'm over on the northeast side of the metroplex. There are several XK8/XKR members in the general area. Impromptu "hey lets all meet at <wherever> for breakfast or lunch" every now and then are a blast . We also have the luxury of having another member of the forum (motorcarman) who is tech certified and repairs and cares for Jags. He's in Decatur, which is a bit of a drive for me (65mi) but it's well worth it. In fact, that's where my car is now.. hope to pick it up Saturday.

Regards and welcome again !

John

Old 05-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........