New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hello from snowy Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hello from snowy Michigan

I joined the forum as I'm in the market for a Jaguar. I've wanted one for a long time but haven't gotten around to it. A careless driver and his inability to read the word STOP on the big red sign at the intersection has rendered my Mercedes scrap metal. I am now searching for the perfect Jaguar.

Happy motoring

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 10:32 AM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Welcome to the forum installglass,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums. I hope no one was hurt in the accident.

I can see you've already posted in XK8/XKR tech section. If this is the model you are searching for, t
he 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

You can also visit the US Mid West Region forum by following this link Mid West US - IL IN IA MI MN MO OH WI - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 02-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 6,242 Likes on 5,443 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums installglass,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 02-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Received 4,175 Likes on 3,638 Posts

welcome to the forum - plenty of info and support here simply follow the guidance/link Graham has provided and enjoy!

Old 02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 567 Likes on 514 Posts

Welcome!

Old 02-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

Welcome and enjoy the board

Old 02-10-2014, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. I'm in the market for an 08 xj8. (Love the classic body). Unfortunately I'm having a heck of a time finding one with my specific options. It may end up being awhile until I get what I want.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........

Old 02-11-2014, 06:27 AM

If anyone, anywhere (willing to travel) knows of a black/ivory 08 XJ8 with heated and cooled seats, navigation, heated windshield, heated rear seats, park assist, and premium sound please let me know.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:15 AM
GGG

In another 5 days you will be able to use PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds forum (minimum 5 Posts and 10 Days membership required).

It is the best place to post this as a 'Wanted' advertisement.

Graham

Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member from Oklahoma, USA

Hello,
Just wanted to follow etiquette and introduce myself.
My name is Ryan, from Tulsa, Oklahoma. We are the proud owners of a 2004 XJR with 162,000 miles on her and she still looks and drives almost like new. The former owner kept meticulous records, having all the maintenance done at the same dealership for the life of the car. He is a repeat (3 that we know of) XJR owner, so I felt pretty comfortable with the purchase. It's beautiful, black on black with the polished 18's, nav, leaper, etc. Flawless. It is my second Jaguar, with the first being a 77 XJ6 that I partially restored before selling. My wife (it's her car) went from a Volvo C70 convertible to this car, after having other convertibles (Nissan 370z Roadster Touring, and another C70) and thought she wanted another droptop until she saw and drove this XJR. She doesn't miss the convertibles. The sunroof helps. as well as the ride, the heated seats and the CRAZY power. She just likes knowing she could blow the doors off just about anything. (although she continues to ask from time to time, "am I faster than that?")

Began having heater issues. Replaced the Aux pump and now experiencing little heat on drivers side issue.

Need to replace trans pan, fluid and filter. No record of fluid or filter replacement and confirmed this with the former dealership. Pan leaks so with 162K on her, it's time.

I'm a gearhead so I don't mind doing my own work.
My other (main) car is a 1989 Yamaha FJ1200, although it's been too snowy to ride the last couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Ryan McCollum

Old 02-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

Welcome Installglass, you are looking for a pretty specific Jag so you might want to do what I did. I set up very specific email alerts with Auto trader, Car Gurus and a couple others then waited until the right car came along.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by soundmindryan
Hello,
Just wanted to follow etiquette and introduce myself.
My name is Ryan, from Tulsa, Oklahoma. We are the proud owners of a 2004 XJR with 162,000 miles on her and she still looks and drives almost like new. The former owner kept meticulous records, having all the maintenance done at the same dealership for the life of the car. He is a repeat (3 that we know of) XJR owner, so I felt pretty comfortable with the purchase. It's beautiful, black on black with the polished 18's, nav, leaper, etc. Flawless. It is my second Jaguar, with the first being a 77 XJ6 that I partially restored before selling. My wife (it's her car) went from a Volvo C70 convertible to this car, after having other convertibles (Nissan 370z Roadster Touring, and another C70) and thought she wanted another droptop until she saw and drove this XJR. She doesn't miss the convertibles. The sunroof helps. as well as the ride, the heated seats and the CRAZY power. She just likes knowing she could blow the doors off just about anything. (although she continues to ask from time to time, "am I faster than that?")

Began having heater issues. Replaced the Aux pump and now experiencing little heat on drivers side issue.

Need to replace trans pan, fluid and filter. No record of fluid or filter replacement and confirmed this with the former dealership. Pan leaks so with 162K on her, it's time.

I'm a gearhead so I don't mind doing my own work.
My other (main) car is a 1989 Yamaha FJ1200, although it's been too snowy to ride the last couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Ryan McCollum
Ummm, I'm new here too but I think proper etiquette would be for you to start a new thread.

Congrats on the Jaguar. I've looked at a couple XJR's and unfortunately they have all been abused. My search continues.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:15 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by installglass
Ummm, I'm new here too but I think proper etiquette would be for you to start a new thread. ......
He has:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ma-usa-111608/

Accidentally posted on the end of your thread (which was then at the top of the list) instead of starting a new one of his own.

Graham

Old 02-11-2014, 09:29 PM

I thought he just jumped into the first thread and posted his greeting. It seemed odd. Glad he started a thread so everyone can get to know him. Thanks for the info too.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GGG
He has:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ma-usa-111608/

Accidentally posted on the end of your thread (which was then at the top of the list) instead of starting a new one of his own.

Graham
Correct. Apologies.
Ryan

Old 02-13-2014, 01:16 PM

I may have found my car. All of the options I want and very close to what I wanted to spend. Fingers crossed that it's as nice as the photos

Old 02-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

Best of luck installglass, I hope she is the one you are looking for.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:16 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by installglass
I may have found my car. All of the options I want and very close to what I wanted to spend. Fingers crossed that it's as nice as the photos
That's a very detailed options spec you're after. I hope it checks out OK.

Graham

Old 02-13-2014, 08:44 PM

It is a detailed options list. I have done my research. Looked at a few cars and know what I want. I also knew going into it that I may have awhile for the right car to come along. I looked at one about 200 miles away that showed quite nice in pictures. It showed well in person too if you weren't familiar with body work. I own an auto glass shop and spend a lot of time in body shops. Working closely with body repair persons in many cases to remove and install windows in damaged vehicles. It has given me a great eye for body damage. This car had unfortunately suffered some previous damage and that ruled it out for me. The one I've found I'm assured has a clean bill of health. No accidents, great maintenance, one owner, traded in to dealer on new model. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. Unfortunately I know auto dealers in my business too. I think every car was a one owner, lovingly driven to church and the grocery store by an 80yr old woman.... If the salesman is telling you the history anyway.

Quick Reply: Hello from snowy Michigan