New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Hi from Las vegas

Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi from Las vegas

Hi everybody,I was born and raised in Chicago and moved to Vegas in 2004.I purchased a used 2003 x-type w/48,000 mi. around 6 months ago.I had some problems with overheating about the last week of december and checked the internet for some answers and was directed to this site,You guys are great very helpful info.I changed the waterpump,flushed the system and changed the reservoir also(nipple cracked off).I was getting 12 trouble codes and changed the TMI seals and breather hose as suggested $10 ea. and $38 respectively erased the codes and they have not returned save 1- P0105.If anyone can help me to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated,the car is running great except for when first started in the morning it idles a little rough for about 5-10mins.Thanks in advance
Steve

Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Hey Vegas, here's the tests for P0105 code. Looks like MAP sensor. Hope you have the circuit tester.

P0105, P0106, P0107, P0108, P1107, P1108. MAP SENSOR

Q1 : CHECK THE GROUND CIRCUIT TO THE MAP SENSOR
  1. Disconnect the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8.
  2. Measure the resistance between the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8 pin 4 (BG) and GROUND. Reconnect electrical connectors following test. Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Yes Goto Q2

No REPAIR the circuit between the MAP sensor and GROUND. For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

Q2 : CHECK THE POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT TO THE MAP SENSOR FOR SHORT TO BATTERY
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  2. Measure the voltage between the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8 pin 2 (OY) and GROUND. Is the voltage greater than 6 volts?

Yes REPAIR the short to battery. For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

No Goto Q3

Q3 : CHECK THE POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT TO THE MAP SENSOR FOR SHORT TO GROUND
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  2. Measure the voltage between the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8 pin 2 (OY) and GROUND. Is the voltage less than 4 volts?

Yes REPAIR the short to GROUND. For additional information, refer to wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

No Goto Q4

Q4 : CHECK CONTINUITY OF THE MAP SENSOR SIGNAL WIRE
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  2. Disconnect the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8.
  3. Disconnect the PCM electrical connector EN16.
  4. Measure the resistance of the circuit between MAP sensor electrical connector EN8 pin 1 (BW) and PCM electrical connector EN16 pin 127 (BW). Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?

Yes Goto Q5

No REPAIR the circuit between the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8 pin 1 (BW) and PCM electrical connector EN16 pin 127 (BW). For additional information, refer to the wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

Q5 : CHECK THE MAP SENSOR SIGNAL WIRE FOR SHORT TO GROUND
  1. Disconnect the PCM electrical connector EN16.
  2. Disconnect the MAP sensor electrical connector EN8.
  3. Measure the resistance between EN8 pin 1 (BW) and GROUND. Is the resistance less than 10,000 ohms?

Yes REPAIR the short to GROUND. For additional information, refer to the wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.
The fault could be in any of the components or sensors in the 5 volt supply circuit, or the PCM

No Goto Q6

Q6 : CHECK THE MAP SENSOR SIGNAL WIRE FOR SHORT TO BATTERY
  1. Connect the PCM electrical connector EN16.
  2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
  3. Check for a voltage at EN8 pin 1 (BW) Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?

Yes REPAIR the short circuit. For additional information, refer to the wiring diagrams. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.
The fault could be in any of the components or sensors in the 5 volt supply circuit, or the PCM

No INSTALL a new MAP sensor. CLEAR the DTC. TEST the system for normal operation.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome to the site Steve

Way to go Mohrd

Old 01-09-2010, 10:57 PM

Thanks guys,I will give those tests a shot within the next few days and get back to you.That was a really quick response.I will also post a few pics when Iget a chance.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Welcome to the forums
Kudos to mohrd he did a fantastic job .For more questions please check out X Type Forum

Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome Steve, hope you get your cat purring again.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 PM

Sorry everybody,not trying to be rude I have been really busy at work and have not had the chance to run these tests yet but rest assured as soon as I do get the chance I will post the results.Thanks again for all the info and talk to you soon(I hopeSteve in Vegas