New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

A howdo from a Jag owner's husband

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A howdo from a Jag owner's husband

Hello, my name is Jock Ellis (not the sideman for the Grateful Dead, the other one) and nothing would do but for my wife to get a Jag after totaling her '96 Toyota against the rear bumper of a Ford PU in 2008. Buying a '98 Jag with 54,000 miles on it seemed like a better deal to her than paying several thousand more for another Toyota with comparable miles. I had reservations but her motto is "Never give up, never give in until you get your way." So we bought this South Florida car on eBay (both our cars are eBay vehicles) and I've been paying ever since. Finding this forum has been a real treat because I've found that you don't have to go to a mechanic for everything although my wife wants me to. She isn't paying for it.
Although I don't like keeping it running, I do think this car rides and handles beautifully. If it just didn't have that whine from the passenger seat when I'm on a long and winding road.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,437 Likes on 1,942 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could you tell us a little bit about this Jaguar the wife likes so much.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Jock, great intro and welcome to the forum. Driving solo usually gets rid of the whine (joke). Jock, best of luck with the Jag. and have fun here.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Hello Jock and welcome to jaguarforums.com. I know that you are anxious to get started and we are anxious to meet you and talk about your car. We have a baseline / criteria that must be met before full access can be granted. Please enjoy the forum and be patient once the baseline has been satisfied full access will be granted. Please continue to post and accept my welcome to the forum.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife likes to outdo her sisters. One has a Lexus so, of course, she had to outdo her. At least she didn't want a Mercedes. At Starbucks once, I heard an M-B owner tell another M-B owner, "The reason they are so safe is that they are always in the shop."