New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

just here to part with a rare one

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just here to part with a rare one

I am a member of many other vehicle forums and have aquired a good assortment of vehicles over the past few years and i am looking to part with a very very rare car. It is a 1995 Euro Spec Jag XJR Supercharged. To the best of my knowledge it is the only one of this type currently registered in the U.S. If you did't understand what i meant by this it is a right hand drive euro rocket. It does need some sprucing up considering it has sat for about 6 months.,i.e. trunk needs paint, could use tires, and it is missing a front headlight washer nozzle. other than that it is all there. The interior is IMACULATE. seats barely look warn. I know this is in the wrong forum section but I want her gone and it is my first time on this forum. Thanks guys. PM me. Email me. If your local email me for my number and we can set a time to meet. Car will not last long.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 AM

oh yeah and sorry, a little history for the kicker. I have all the paperwork documenting its travels from Europe to British Columbia to the U.S. 1 owner. no accidents. low miles. well cared for. and did I mention it is super rare. Don't believe me try finding one. I have searched the archives of numerous Jag forums and have yet to see another in the U.S.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome, that should be rarest thing in the US lol

Old 05-09-2010, 04:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome iRza, don't want to sound pessimistic, but who would want a less than perfect RHD car in a LHD country.

We have many UK RHD cars over here in LHD mainland Europe and the only place to get any real money for them is back in the UK.

Unless of course they are something very special, Lambo, Ferrari....

I wish you luck.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:24 AM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi,

Out of curiosity, what mileage does it have? What color?

It is an interesting dilemma being rare, and I agree with Translator, it will probably be difficult to find a buyer for a RHD Jag in the US, even if there is only one example.

To me, the car would need to be perfect with low miles and the right color too. Then it would be an interesting novelty item. But, for every other reason, these cars (X300) in this circa don't really bring much, unfortunately. I also agree with Richard, that if it were a real exotic, it would be an entirely different story. In my area I occasionally see an older RR RHD. They're kept mostly to the car shows and are not driven that much.

All the best with it though, and I'd like to have more info as I run into car crazies all the time. I'd pass the word around for you if I had more info...and pics would certainly help.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:02 AM

It has low miles for the year. I can not be exact but i want to say ballpark 50k. I also do not know the exact fancy name for it but it is the dark almost forrest green.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:05 AM

also, I am not looking for an astonomical amount of money for it. I started this to basically get a feel for what people were looking for, and if the car was worth more to sell or just squish.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:19 PM
ud
Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

The color is probably good if it is British Racing Green. The mileage is OK, but still, unfortunately, you'll not have something that will command much money in the rare sense IMHO. I not able to render much opinion as to what it would be worth to someone. Like anything, value is what someone is actually willing to write check for. My sense though, is that you will always be somewhere between selling and squishing, especially if squishing will yield some $$.

Best,

Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howdy iRza

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rhd? cool good luck use the bay