New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New in becoming a member

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New in becoming a member

Hello,
I actually have been on this site NUMEROUS times over the years via Google, however I never created a login/ became an actuall member until recently.
I generally would come to this site looking for information on mechanical issues/insight.

I am a proud owner of an X type, 2002, 2.5 MANUAL, BRITISH RACING GREEN, light Tan leather interior, with sun/moon roof, and rear parking sensors! I currently have owned the car for approx 16 years! Not to toot my own horn, (toot, toot) but I'm a single female who fell in love with this car after some research online, and the purchase of this specific BRG Manual X-type, WITH THE HELP OF none BUT MYSELF! I searched high and low originally for this car in my generall area, at that time. I couldn't find the mileage I wanted, the body condition, nor the Manual transmission, and of course the price point I was willing to purchase it at. I decided to broaden my search, I started flying to other states to check out this vechicle, only to get there, find little things I wasn't quite happy with, and find male car salesmen, not willing to negotiate. (They figured if I was flying there, it was pretty much an easy sell) NOT!
I knew what I wanted, and the price point I was willing to purchase at. (And I learned this by checking out others and research) One other specific thing I wanted was to be under original manufacturer warranty, which of course was lower mileage and age. Specifically, due to the fact I am a single female, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING an Mechanic, and I knew the price point of parts and repairs for this vechicle was not going to be cheap! After much searching, I almost gave up. P.s I never knew anyone with a Jag or anything simliar to what made me look to this car. It was just a point in my life, that I felt I deserve (being an hard worker) an more of a luxury/dream car. I looked towards other premium cars, Mercedes, BMW, and Volvo's, as well. However, Mercedes & BMW's after research for the price range I was at, was coming up with more known mechanical issues/UNreliable. Volvo.. I wanted, but the price range.. Was not, IN MY IDEAL price range.😏

As I mentioned, I almost gave up. Until I found.. MY GIRL, ON... eBAY!!! Now at that time, eBay was not a site I used or anything, not even THAT popular as it is today, ESPECIALLY FOR CAR BUYING. There she was.. The color I wanted, the ideal mileage I wanted, THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION, great body condition, moon roof/sun roof, AND THE PRICE POINT! It was listed at an Auction on eBay! In.... Missouri, I WAS LIVING IN FLORDIA AT THAT TIME. I had to put an immediate down payment to get her taken off eBay Auction! (before she would've been sold to someone else). This was VERY nerve racking for me at that time, I had no idea how all that worked, as well as, FEARFUL of getting myself into a commitment that could potentially back fire, like purchasing a vehicle that was a LEMON, AND/OR losing my deposit if I ended up choosing to not take her. The one thing that helped me, was they allowed a CARFAX, before putting that deposit down. And... I flew there a few days later to meet her 😍, and I took her for a test drive, and drove her to a nearby mechanic to give her a once over, and everything checked out fine, but that she will soon need new brakes. (No bid deal, normal wear & tear) I returned to the auction, and gave them the rest of the agreed money. I was already preapproved through a work credit union, and had a check in my hand, when I got there. (I believe I got a GREAT DEAL on this car. I paid much less, THAN SHE WAS WORTH! Even compare to Kelly Blue Book, and OTHERS. Thousands....less, I got her for!!) I'm proud of myself for achieving this. 🤓
That day... I drove her home from Missouri-Flordia! I'm trying to remember the exact mileage, I believe it was around 24,000.
STILL UNDER ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER WARRANTY!

NO REGRETS! She turned out to be one of the greatest loves of my, lifetime!! 🎉😜

Old 09-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 5,315 Posts

Hello,
Congratulations on your new Jaguar!
Also on a deal well made and an adventure well enjoyed.
You are not the first new owner to fall in love with your kitty. That happens quite a lot actually.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

The following users liked this post:
Racing Green (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Received 3,856 Likes on 2,801 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Racing Green (09-04-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Received 10,348 Likes on 6,845 Posts

Welcome to the Forums.

Well done on the search, and the final result.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:46 AM
Received 6,260 Likes on 5,460 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Racing Green,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 09-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Received 4,194 Likes on 3,655 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!