New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Jag Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Jag Forum Member

New member. Recently purchased my second Jaguar... Garage is now full... A 2005 S-Type R 85K mi and now a 2000 XKR Convertible 60K mi. Will have to try to keep two supercharged vehicles in service... Have a battery manager and have two Dustop covers... Waiting for spring and Sunny Days... Would upload pictures, but apparently new-bees do not havesufficient privileges. Primary vehicle is a 2013 Ford Expedition King Ranch... Great for winter.

Worked for Ford for 36 years... Justified my purchases by saying they were "Ford" vehicles, since Ford Purchased Jag in 1998 and sold it in2009... Went to Coventry a few time to meet with the Jag Engineers.. Also had a chance to visit Aston Martin and meet with JackieStewart and his son... Ford designed the fiber reinforced composite materials that were used in the body shell Aston Martin Vanquish.

Retired now but my last job was the Manager of the Research Planning and Business Operations office at the Ford Research Lab. A great place to work with all the advanced technology, like eco-boost engines, hydrogen engines and fuel cell vehicles, - it was very interesting... Background: Electrical / Electronic Engineer - Michigan State University.

The first thing I designed at Ford was the 1974 Seat Belt Interlock System.... It was the system that prevented you from starting the car unless you buckled your seat belts... Congress repealed the law in 1975 so we had to design it out the next year. First use of custom integrated circuits for automotive use. Now they are everywhere.

While I worked for Ford, I leased 5 Jaguars from Ford... (3) S-type R's, (1) XJ8, and (1) X-Type... The winner was a Jag Racing Green S-Type R...

There you have it...

Last edited by jwmarkee; 03-21-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,819 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forum jwmarkee,

Thank you for a great Intro.

Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type section and this one XK8 / XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XK8/XKR section for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top there is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You may also like to visit the US Mid West Region by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mid-west-us-il-ia-mi-mn-mo-oh-wi-39/ to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 03-20-2013, 03:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

Welcome to this friendly Forum and thanks for the fascinating intro.
Check those secondary tensioners if you haven't already.
Follow Graham's advice and enjoy your membership here.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Received 6,256 Likes on 5,456 Posts

Welcome to the forum jwmarkee,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't already done so you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

Hi there jwmarkee:
Welcome to the forum and greetings from the Midwest Region! Wow, it's great to have a guy here with such remarkable experience as you do. I don't think anybody around here is going to give you a hard time for buying Jags even though you worked for Ford. Enjoy the forum and hopefully pretty soon the weather will clear up enough to enjoy the cars!

Cheers,
Scott

Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey there Jwmarkee and welcome aboard....... good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

What a fantastic intro full of info, I'm sure you'd be an interesting guy to know.....Look forward to some of your posts and I'm sure we can learn from you.

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos,
use the search facility etc, can be found here within the following link Helpful_information

Please also take the time to check out the regional section for your area!
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Default New Guy Update

Thanks for the great welcome. Looking forward to some great info...
Glad to be on board...

Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

welcome to the forums

Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new member

Greetings from Austin, TX.

Just picked up my first. Not new mind you, just new to me. So far so good. I have always wanted to get a jag since I was really young. A neighbor had a basket case 60s E-type he left for dead in a field. Did not stop me from playing in it. Never thought too much about it much less consider betting one. My last car (300c) was almost at 100k so I decided to get rid of it and thought I would look at a Jag. Of course ended up buying it. Not too old and low miles so why the hell not. Lets see how this all works out.

Boring stuff:
I am a complete nerd. I am also an internet engineer which kind of proves the first statement. No I do not wear a pocket protector but I have seen every episode of Doctor Who and have watched the Matrix too many times to count. For the record. No, I do not go to Star Trek conventions or speak Klingon. Most of my time off I golf, albeit badly.

So, glad to be here.

p.s. no I will not fix your computer but I will give you advice

Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 PM

I click on the Midwest link and I get linked to the UK... Is there a Midwest in the UK also which I am linking to??

Old 03-22-2013, 04:46 AM
GGG
Received 16,819 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Originally Posted by jwmarkee
I click on the Midwest link and I get linked to the UK... Is there a Midwest in the UK also which I am linking to??
The link to US Midwest is wrong. Follow this one directly to the Region section.....

Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

...... and then scroll down to the US Midwest, you'll get the right section.

New Jag Forum Member-midwest-region.jpg

Click on Midwest (arrowed in red) to open the Region section.

Graham

Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks Graham... That clears it up and I went to the right place...
Appreciate the help.
Regard,