New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Member

Hello. I don't own a Jaguar but joined looking for help clarifying expectations and user experiences. I have twice pondered buying XKR's this year and twice declined. Both times users here helped me. Maybe the next one? That said, I have become quite proficient at finding affordable low mileage Jaguars with excellent warranties - more than I can buy, and I'd love to share them with forum members. I've even started a blog about all my finds. I have no stake in the cars or the dealers. I suspect I'm an irritant. But I love enthusiast cars and I like to write and hopefully I can share. If not against the rules (I did not find anything prohibiting) I'll share. If so no problem. Thanks.
PS - Latest finds were low mileage XJ8, XK, and supercharged XF and XJ. I want them all!

The following users liked this post:
Norri (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 02:15 AM
GGG
Received 16,757 Likes on 12,146 Posts

Welcome to the forum Supplyguy,

I have to say that your choice of forum username does make me concerned at your motive for being here but nothing you have posted so far has contravened the rules.

The primary purpose of jaguarforums is the exchange of information and discussion about Jaguars. Although we offer CLASSIFIEDS forum as a service to bona fide members to advertise vehicles or parts For Sale and Wanted, we have neither the intention nor the wish to be an alternative to regular advertising sites such as Craigslist or ebay.

We are an international forum and Jaguars for sale in Maryland or even the Atlantic states are likely to be of limited interest. Members looking for such vehicles will be found in Mid Atlantic Region forum.

As you have started a blog, perhaps a suitable approach could be a link to it in your forum Signature. However this proceeds, I certainly do not want to see multiple posts of vehicles for sale appearing in either the Model or Region forums.

Graham

winstonsalemncxk (08-18-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 03:58 AM
Received 6,240 Likes on 5,442 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Supplyguy,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Supplyguy (09-14-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 04:40 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Supplyguy (09-14-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Received 4,174 Likes on 3,637 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Supplyguy (09-14-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Received 10,284 Likes on 6,805 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Supplyguy (09-14-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Received 3,800 Likes on 2,780 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Supplyguy (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum Supplyguy,

I have to say that your choice of forum username does make me concerned at your motive for being here but nothing you have posted so far has contravened the rules.

The primary purpose of jaguarforums is the exchange of information and discussion about Jaguars. Although we offer CLASSIFIEDS forum as a service to bona fide members to advertise vehicles or parts For Sale and Wanted, we have neither the intention nor the wish to be an alternative to regular advertising sites such as Craigslist or ebay.

We are an international forum and Jaguars for sale in Maryland or even the Atlantic states are likely to be of limited interest. Members looking for such vehicles will be found in Mid Atlantic Region forum.

As you have started a blog, perhaps a suitable approach could be a link to it in your forum Signature. However this proceeds, I certainly do not want to see multiple posts of vehicles for sale appearing in either the Model or Region forums.

Graham
Thank you Graham. Sorry for the delay. I've just completed my blog post on Jaguars. First, not offended at all on suspicion about my user name. I'm retired CIA and used to it. I earned it having served over 30 years providing logistics to the US Government. As I mentioned, I'm not in the selling business. I do enjoy tracking unusual cars for sale, many of them Jaguars, and that's what I write about. These enthusiast cars are for sale coast to coast in the US, not just my area, and I'm hopeful your readers find them interesting like I do, whether or not in the market for a car. I've added the link to my signature as suggested and I welcome any other suggestions on how to be a proper member. Many thanks - Chuck.
PS - Regret not being able to find the moderators. On an iPhone that column of the forum is obliterated by ads. I see them now on the laptop.

GGG (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:23 AM
GGG
Received 16,757 Likes on 12,146 Posts

Originally Posted by Supplyguy
..... I'm retired CIA ..... Regret not being able to find the moderators...... .
Chuck,

I bet you'll not be admitting to that at the next reunion.

Graham

Old 09-14-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Chuck,

I bet you'll not be admitting to that at the next reunion.

Graham
Hence Supplyguy, logistics, and not Spyguy, operations.