New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member (Officially) 97 XK8 coupe w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Transmission fluid change & my Youtube exhaust videos

Hey, all. I've been hard at it lately and here's some updates...

Transmission fluid... I went with the Valvoline Maxlife (that did list as suitable to Esso) and made a big mess but got it done. Only injury was a small burn on my thumb from the exhaust pipe. Poor lil thumb. haha Overall, I think anyone with determination can do this fluid change. With the allen sockets, fluid, & cheap fluid handpump, I probably spent $60. It actually went easier than I thought after watching some guy on Youtube do it. I was like - If this clown can do it, I certainly can. And, I was really sweating the warmup time i.e. not having enough time to add fluid before the transmission reached 50 deg C. I think it was 60 deg F and took at least ten minutes to get to get to that temp. So, there's plenty of time to add fluid and plug the overflow between 35-50 deg C.

Exhaust Videos. I've posted 3 videos of some exhaust work. First is stock, second is withouth the rearmost mufflers, and the third video is without the rearmost mufflers and resonators. Here's the link: Stock Jaguar XK8 exhaust.mp4 - YouTube The other two videos are linked.. Enjoy

Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Default More exhaust vidoes to come...

Next week, I'm going to cut out the single, long muffler and do a video. I'm sure the car will sound bad (like a old straight piped chevy pickup truck? lol) and I'm only doing it for reference purposes. But, don't despair, I'm going to start trying different mufflers and make videos of those as I go. Stay tuned. Ronnie

I was gone for a week and came back to a dead battery. Car wouldn't even turn over.. Is that normal or is my battery just on it's last leg?

Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi Ronnie welcome aboard the forum Nice intro thanks for sharing with us......You'll be made very welcome here

Please post even more pics when you can lol .....

Please note....this is the new member thread though Ronnie.....yopu really are more than welcome here, but please start a new thread in the relevant section to your kit build. for better and even more responses.....

Hope we can help with any issues / questions you may have
Some great guys here, top techs, good info and more than a few laughs here n there, so jump in and enjoy......

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here

The following users liked this post:
Ronnieb883 (11-22-2011)
Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Hey, Jim. Thanks for the advice and full access. No stopping me now. Haha

Old 11-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Default Moving build to South US forum area

Hey, all. If you're following the build, I'm going to start a thread in the South US forum (since I'm in Va).... Pics will be there. Ronnie

Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

looking great, i love the coupes and i think the wheels look great. this is a luxury coupe not a sports car, those wheels arent too big and are classy while giving it a little extra flash. simple 5 spokes and a nice stance, keep them!

The following users liked this post:
Ronnieb883 (11-22-2011)
Old 11-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Default 5 spokers..

Hey, BMW.. I do like the rims, it's the sidewall heights that get me.. And they look good from a distance but they're pitted and haven't been cared for. Here's some rims (cheap too!) I'm contemplating. They match the concave look of the DBR9 wheels too.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Id stick with the ones you got, besides not costing you anymore money I think they have the luxury looks to match a luxury coupe. If anything try polishing or get them rechromed. Change the tires for a better height The black ones are more race car like and your XK doesnt have any black on it so I think they would look out of place, but its your car! oh clean that mud off it too :P

Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey I contacted the place that makes the kit you wanted and she was extremely unhelpful. I asked her for more pictures of completed projects and she has told me in numerous emails to check out the website and the youtube videos, and she also stated they have sold over 100 of these kits. If that was the case and I am sure I am not alone, that a picture is worth a thousand words and I cannot find any other good quality pictures of the completed kit anywhere on the web? And she basically has blown me off and can't help me with more pics to see if I may be interested in also ordering this kit.

Does anyone know of anyone who has completed this kit that I could talk with?

And Ronnie good luck with the build! Post more pics when you can, thanks!

Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally

I literally signed up for this site just to follow this project.

I've been considering a few different kit options and found this to be my ideal project. Can't wait to follow along until I'm able to source my donor car and get started...

Old 04-22-2012, 10:03 AM

I moved all my build progress, pics, & etc. to one forum.. just search - "Virginia Aston lumper" .... R