New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New Member in Wilmington, Delaware

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Member in Wilmington, Delaware

Hi Everyone!

I'm Jamie and I'm addicted to cars. I bought a 2005 S-Type R for my girlfriend back in July and she loves it.

The car has a Climate Control issue that I'm working through and I landed on this site. I'm not new to working on cars and I'm not at all scared to take one apart. I do know VWs and Audis very well. I've played with a few W124 Mercedes, some 4G63s, an SR20 or two and an 850 R. Since this Jaguar is slightly high maintenance I'm looking to expand my automotive knowledge while working with it.

In the VW and Audi world there is aftermarket diagnostic software called VAGcom that is used exactly like the factory 1551/1552 tool, it plugs right into the OBDII port and you can access anything and everything in the computer. Does anyone know if there is anything similar in the Jaguar world? I really, really dislike the business practices and ethics of the local Jaguar dealer here in Wilmington.

That is all. Thank you for sharing!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jamie,

Sorry to hear about the Climate Control issues on the S-Type. Follow this link S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the S-Type section for help, advice and information.

Jaguar Dealers have the WDS (World Diagnostic System) to access the vehicle systems. The nearest aftermarket product to this is AutoEnginuity but you may not want or need to make that investment. Check this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...-%2A%2A-33347/ for information on appropriate Code Readers and Scan Tools.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User ID button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the Mid Atlantic US Region section by following this link Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forum.

Graham

Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jaimie,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jaimie,

Good advice given above.

if you have a chance - drop by the Regional section of the forum - the link is below.

Enjoy and welcome - Anthony

Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Jamie, good to have you here with us here at JF

You've already had some good responses with the info you need.
We're here to help

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Check out the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features.

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Graham, Norri, Anthony and Jim!

I've added the S-Type to my signature. I'm more of a search & read person than a question asker. The climate control issues seem to be well known and documented over in the S-Type forum. With the information I've gathered there I should be able to solve it.

The AutoEnginuity tool looks interesting, I think I'm going to give it a try. It looks like I'll have access to reading transmission fliud temperature with their software, am I correct? If so, that'll come in handy when I do a fluid and filter/pan change. Does it give me access to re-code the instrument cluster so I can turn off the annoying seatbelt chime? Also, can I enable the close-all-windows-with-the-keyless-entry-remote feature?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

AutoEnginuity with the Jaguar Expansion will not enable you to enable / disable features like the chime. Only the Dealer WDS (World Diagnostic System) can do this a.f.a.i.k.

Graham

Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your repairs.

Lots for you to read in the S Type section.