New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Non Jag Owner but Cousin to Jag

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Jag Owner but Cousin to Jag

Hi guys, I don't own a Jaguar per say but I do have a 2004 Lincoln LS which rides on the DEW98 platform which the Jag S-Type and XF ride on.

I have always been a big fan of Jaguars and maybe one day will own one. I was considering buying an X-Type Wagon before I bought the LS but the LS was a much better deal and RWD

But the main reason I have come here is for information to see what is swappable between the 2 since there is not a lot of info out there as it is.. and to see what I can do to make my LS more classy.

Anyway thanks for having me

Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard Andrew from one car enthusiast to another
Hope you enjoy the site

Old 08-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Welcome, enjoy your stay here

Old 08-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys

Old 08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Andrew, if you are looking for exterior stuff that is swappable, not much really. I can't think of anything that is. As for the engine, some of the performance parts might be swappable like the intake or something like that. But, like with the 3.0L engines, there are physical differences between the two (for example, the water pump on the Jag 3.0L is on the back side of the motor where the LS it is on the front of the engine). So, don't just assume that any part from a 3.0L engine will fit on any 3.0L engine. Once you get beyond the main block, you are in foreign land.

Please note that the exhaust systems from an X-Type and most of the other 3.0L engine setups will not work for the LS as they are FWD/AWD applications and the motors have been turned 90 degrees and your LS has the engine mounted normally (atleast to me, but I'm a firm believer in RWD). So, be on the look out.

When it comes to the 4.0/4.2L engine, a lot of the parts are swappable between the two engines. As for what all will swap, I think that will really depend on how much money you want to drop into a project.

As for the interiors, a lot of that stuff should be swappable. The only issues you may run into is the electronics may not be an easy swap over due to the extra wiring inside of the S-Types. But, that is going to vary based on the year of your car and the year of the S-Type parts you are grabbing.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
Andrew, if you are looking for exterior stuff that is swappable, not much really. I can't think of anything that is. As for the engine, some of the performance parts might be swappable like the intake or something like that. But, like with the 3.0L engines, there are physical differences between the two (for example, the water pump on the Jag 3.0L is on the back side of the motor where the LS it is on the front of the engine). So, don't just assume that any part from a 3.0L engine will fit on any 3.0L engine. Once you get beyond the main block, you are in foreign land.

Please note that the exhaust systems from an X-Type and most of the other 3.0L engine setups will not work for the LS as they are FWD/AWD applications and the motors have been turned 90 degrees and your LS has the engine mounted normally (atleast to me, but I'm a firm believer in RWD). So, be on the look out.

When it comes to the 4.0/4.2L engine, a lot of the parts are swappable between the two engines. As for what all will swap, I think that will really depend on how much money you want to drop into a project.

As for the interiors, a lot of that stuff should be swappable. The only issues you may run into is the electronics may not be an easy swap over due to the extra wiring inside of the S-Types. But, that is going to vary based on the year of your car and the year of the S-Type parts you are grabbing.
Thanks for the info...

I have the 3.0Lin mine... Kinda figured the 3.0 would have its limits... mine is rated at 232 hp and 220 pound feet. I think the S-Type 3.0 was around 240? not really worth jumping 8 HP.

As for interiors I am wondering what type of features the S-Type had that the LS didn't Mine is near fully equipped with power adjustable pedals, heated and cooled seats, 6 disc cd changer, real wood trim, 5 speed auto with SST (I added that since it didn't have the SST) and memory seats.

My LS already has a stock true dual exhaust which is pretty cool, not sure if it would be worth it upgrading to what the Jag has... but maybe it is.

Thanks for the info

Old 08-25-2010, 08:01 AM

What I am also interested in are wheels, forgot to mention that... the options on the LS are meh.. the only ones I really like are from the 06 5 spoke. I have 7 spoke chrome 16 inch and they are OK...

I would like to see what Jag has to offer and see which ones would fit... and see if i can get Lincoln center caps on them so I don't look like someone who is pretending to have a Jaguar.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 AM

no edit button? Sorry for the tripple post... cannot find an edit button

What about suspension modifications?