New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

NOT a new member - Just want to ask a question to all groups

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 10:37 PM
Received 125 Likes on 115 Posts
Default NOT a new member - Just want to ask a question to all groups

Who else is waiting on parts?

Own/Owned 3 Jags in the past 12+ years and my current F-pace SVR has been sitting since late October in a body shop trying to be repaired from a road debris incident that caused a cracked upper and lower front bumper and grille.

Accident was early September, Waited a month for insurance and the body shop to place parts order, took it in when they said all the parts had a delivery date that was 2 days out. And now it still sits because the grille and an air deflector was a no-show and STILL has a "no release date".

Jaguar NA absolutely no help, in fact, was the worst call I have ever had from them.

Who else has a Jag they can't drive due to JLR's "warehouse consolidation" excuse?

Admins - please feel free to move to a better forum or just delete - Just venting.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:49 AM
GGG
Received 16,808 Likes on 12,173 Posts

I was.

My parked F-Pace was hit on the side on 2nd October 2023 and required a new RH front door. The repair was handled by my local Jaguar Dealer who have their own bodyshop. Having determined parts (non) availability, they didn't take the car until the door was delivered and it took two months to obtain the replacement. Although the vehicle was driveable, I left it in the garage and used my XK. Repair was completed 18th December 2023 - eleven weeks from the date of the incident.

Parts started to become difficult during the pandemic as JLR's suppliers were closed. However, I suspect JLR have used this as an excuse to reduce inventory and many parts may never become available again or only ordered when there is sufficient number required.

You may get further general replies if I move this to General Tech Help forum or specific ones if I move it to F-Pace forum , Let me know.

Graham

The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
Grant Francis (02-06-2024), LnrB (02-06-2024)