New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Proud Jaguar owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Proud Jaguar owner

I am constantly getting many complements on what a nice looking automobile my Jaguar is. Its a white 2007 Vanden Plas & drives like a dream. I love the fact that in my area you don't see to many XJ'S. Really impressed with the rear leg room among many other features including the light weight aluminum body and classic design.
A few months ago I was driving down a two lane road and was driving behind a slow moving vehicle & behind me was a Jaguar XK - Appox. two to four years old - Anyway, the driver of the XK decided to pass both of us, which I don't blame him, But when he got "on it" too pass I was blown away!! This once quiet auto turned into a monster. The sound that came from his exhaust churning out those RPM's was unlike anything I have ever heard before from a street legal car. I'm guess 500 hp ~ and in a second he was gone. I fell in love with the race car sound of the XK as well as its sleek sexy lines. So now I aspire to own a XK ~ However the all new XJ8 flagship Jaguar is rather nice as well. Tough decision but, for now very happy with my XJ8L.
Csmkk

Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  19.3 KB

welcome aboard the forum Nice intro thanks for sharing with us......
You'll be made very welcome here

Please post pics when you can .....

Hope we can help with any issues / questions you may have

You get that XK someday
Some great guys here, top techs, good info and more than a few laughs here n there, so jump in and enjoy......

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.......enjoy your time here

The following users liked this post:
Csmkk (11-14-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Welcome to the forum CSMKK.

Congrat's on your XJ.

Good to have you with us.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Received 6,273 Likes on 5,470 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

Decisions decisions, tough choice to make.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CSMKK
...A few months ago I was driving down a two lane road and was driving behind a slow moving vehicle & behind me was a Jaguar XK - Appox. two to four years old - Anyway, the driver of the XK decided to pass both of us, which I don't blame him, But when he got "on it" too pass I was blown away!! This once quiet auto turned into a monster. The sound that came from his exhaust churning out those RPM's was unlike anything I have ever heard before from a street legal car. I'm guess 500 hp ~ and in a second he was gone. I fell in love with the race car sound of the XK as well as its sleek sexy lines. So now I aspire to own a XK ~ However the all new XJ8 flagship Jaguar is rather nice as well. Tough decision but, for now very happy with my XJ8L. Csmkk
Hard to tell if you were passed by and XK or XKR (The R is supercharged). I own the normally aspirated XK and I can tell you the exhaust roar out of even the "base" XK is intoxicating. and yes, it pins you in your seat (EVERY TIME) as it takes off like a newly scalded cat. I have never owned anything this fast. I can't even imagine what the R can do.

You should really get one of these as soon as you can. You won't regret it...

Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,695 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice Jaguar you have now! Personally I belieeve that you have the nicer of the two, especially in white!

Enjoy all the site has to offer!