New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

warranties-extended

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: warranties-extended

EASY! Take no chances. $2500 is nothing for peace of mind!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  7.4 KB

Hi Jay n welcome to the forum buddy.
Re the extended warranty........everyones got their own ideas........Me personally? I'd say bite their hand off for piece of mind......You'll sleep much easier at night thats for sure.
Why not post a few pics of your car in the phote gallery section and one of you in the " mug shot " thread located in the off topic section.
There's quite a few there already

Jim

Old 09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you dont buy the warranty Im going to come your house and smack you! thats the nicest thing i could do lol def buy it! one little adjustment on the car and the warranty pays for it self! BUY IT NOW!( so as its the jaguar extended warranty)

Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 25

ORIGINAL: bmw745ion19s
If you dont buy the warranty Im going to come your house and smack you! BUY IT NOW
I can see it now!
Bmw [sm=bicker.gif] Jay
Jay [sm=chairshot.gif]Bmw
Bmw[sm=icon_beat.gif] Jay

lol

or sumthin along those lines!

Jim

Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member

LMAO! good one Jim!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 49

Got an update for us Jay?
And also, has Bmw been round your house??....lol

Jim

Old 09-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

LOL! No, but sadly I ALMOST did that to someone yesterday who ran into the back of my Jag with a motor scooter.....Thank God It didnt dent the bumper and it might even polish out.... I was able to get $$$ off of the guy right away and got an estimate today just in case something has to be done...I wish it hadnt happend at all buttttt it could have been a lot worse! I will take pictures tonight before I detail if possible and after..Prayerfully no one will be able to even see it!

Old 09-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 37

Fingers crossed Bm..............keep us posted bro

Jim

Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

YAAAAYYY It all came out except for what looks like two small rock chips near the bumper crease edge. I only washed and used spray wax that I always use when I dry. Maybe, these two will come out with some buffing. How do i add pictures lol?

Old 09-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member

Start by going to a picture hosting site. There are plenty to use, but I prefer Photobucket .com

http://photobucket.com/register.php?link=topmenu
Step one: Register by using a unique name and enter the password twice. Hit next step.
Name:  untitled-4.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  60.5 KB
Step two: Fill out the form and click "I accept. Sign me up!"(Disclaimer: Read the "Terms of Service" and "Privacy Policy")
Name:  untitled-5.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  50.8 KB
Step three: You are now ready to upload pictures. Click the "browse" button and find your pictures on your PC(or mac..LOL). Upload them
Name:  untitled-6.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  107.3 KB
Step Four: Once your picture has been uploaded you are ready to post it on Jaguarforums.com. Look at the picture below. As you can see, there are four different links that you can copy and paste. As a matter of fact, there is even one with the image tags on the end. However, here on Jaguarforums.com, the image tags can't be capitalized, so you must write them yourself. As you can see, you copy the highlighted portion of the link, where it says "direct link", and you will put it in the post as follows.
[img]Here goes your url link[/img]
If you paste the url link in between [img] and [/img] tags, you should get a picture to post. If you don't, PM me(or any other mod) for more help.
*Just for demonstrative purposes, I copied and pasted the link given on Photobucket with the image tags already added and for some reason it worked. If it doesn't for you, just do it the other way.* (I know for a fact it didn't work for BuckMR2 in his signature)
Name:  untitled-7.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  38.3 KB
Name:  untitled-7.jpg
Size:  38.3 KB

Jim

Old 09-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Jim, Thanks for the illustrative how-to! heres the pics before and after, first ones are the before....2blurry ones are the first 2 after wehn it was dark and i was done washing...last 4 or 5 i just took when i got home this afternoon.These are off of my 2MP camera phone. Pretty much I think I'm going to leave it alone...or is it worth the effort to get it painted in the one spot?? I also just scraped the underside of my front spoiler sometime last week and im very angry at my self for that, even though no one can notice it but i know its there [&o]

Old 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member

***edited your message so that the pics will show***
BTW, good job on getting everything off!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 43

Looks like a pretty good job as far as I can see BM! Nice one!!
Re the scrape on the underside of the front spoiler ( lol )
I know where you're comming from as my wife did the same thing[&:]
Barely noticeable really.........but, I noticed it every time I went out to the car or washed it ( which is often ) my eyes were just drawn to it[:@][:@][:@]
Do what I did.....get yourself some touch up paint, usually comes in two parts, the paint and the lacquer. 2 coats of paint follwed by a coat of lacquer then polished and it will blend in nicely.....and worth the effort.

Jim

Old 09-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

I have a question about warranties. I am casually looking at xk8/xkr and have found a few with remaining warranty. Some are apparently the factory (2005 model) and some are aftermarket extended warranties that (presumably) are transferable. I have also seen several that are out of warranty and was wondering (1) what types of warranties are available at this point (2) better to buy from Jaguar or some aftermarket company? (3) what do these usually cost.

Thanks,

Doug

Old 09-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First bmw...looks good to me man!

Welcome guy! Honestly stick with the jag warranty given that you have a jag dealer that you'd actually be able to drive to and get the car fixed...the biggest problem about the aftermarket warranties is that generally you don't always get everything covered whether they say so or not and you usually have a deductible. The jag warranty from what I've collected is a good one. It covers everything that a new car would excluding wear items...the jag warranty is generally 2-2500 and generally extends it to 7years from original in-service date or 100k miles whichever comes first...the jag warranty is usually no-deductible but sometimes people have had to pay because jag couldn't find the problem...all in all go with the jag warranty...I wouldn't personally take a car that had an aftermarket over jags warranty...my dad and father in-law both have aftermarket ones on their cars (ford f350 and dodge ram van)...biggest problem is that not everything is always covered and they can tell the garage you have fixing your car what they will pay for certain things...ie. the garage charges 150 for a starter...well the insurance company will only pay 120 for it...the garage charges 50 dollars per hour and the warranty company only pays 30...if you think about it what is that garage going to do in the end if he's not getting what he charges for the work??? He's going to do 30 dollars an hour worth of work!

Old 09-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

So if the original Jag warranty has run out and the car has not been in warranty for a time, is it still possible to initiate an extended warranty from Jag?

Doug

Old 09-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Veteran Member

I'd say that obviously depends on how long the car has been outta warranty.
You may find that if the original Jag warranty has run out that Jag themselves may not offer an extended warranty. If they do, they'll more than likely insist that the car be checked over first ( usually at a cost ) and also that the car has been fully serviced and maintained by Jagaur approved dealers.
Why not pick up the phone and call your local friendly Jaguar dealer and ask the service dept.
I'm sure they'll be able to tell you whats what for sure.

Jim

Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might be able to call jag directly using your vin number and they can help you out. I looked into it for my car but no luck.

The warranty I looked at through warrantydirect or something like that was rediculous! They wanted like 3500-4500 for a like 2 or 3 years and that was with a deductible and limited miles...from what I could find the warranty that anyone offered (bank, internet or dealer) were all wayyy toooo much!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone for your help and comments! In response to Seismacs question....when i was looking at them before I bought mine I was told it had to have at minimum 30 days left on factory warranty and under 50k miles to qualify for factory extended warranty...my answer would be not to buy one unless it was in this period or had the factory extended warranty or CPO already!hope this helps