Other Areas If you dont reside in North or South America, or in Europe, this is your section!

My New XF 2013, Worst Jaguar experience ever I suppose..!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My New XF 2013, Worst Jaguar experience ever I suppose..!

This is to ensure that Jaguar is aware of the kind of faulty products that are being launched and sold in the Middle East especially in Dubai via their authorized dealers Al Tayer Motors.

I wish to bring to the notice of Jaguar Middle East and Jaguar in the UK; the kind of faulty cars that they are selling to their customers. I purchased my Jaguar XF 2013, in the month of May '13. Three days out of the showroom, the car's gear-box system was faulty and had to be replaced. The local dealer Al Tayer Motors, said the car was in warranty and so they will change the system as part of it. Imagine my disappointment in the dream car i invested more than AED 200,000 and three days later its taken back for part replacement. That the first experience of the many downfalls that started since i bought the car.

Four months back; after numerous minor faults in the car being taken care during the 1.5 yrs of my owning this car, during the six monthly service; the Turbo charge of the car stopped working. Again the local dealer said the car was in warranty and the part will be replaced.

And now finally the best part, three weeks back while at work in Abu Dhabi, the car's engine failed and the car stalled in the middle of Sheikh Zayed Street. The car was towed away to the Sheikh Zayed showroom of Al Tayer Motors and three days later I was told that my car's engine needs to be replaced. Can you imagine that.. a less than two year old car and not just any car literally a JAGUAR, needs the engine to be replaced and the fact that the local dealer's service advisor said "Sir, this is not a mileage problem or any other problem, it a manufacturing defect". I wish everyone reads this before they decide to buy a Jaguar in Dubai.

I now wish to ask Jaguar or Al Tayer Motors, is this the kind of vehicles you are associated with? Is this the kind of experience that should be expected by a customer of yours? Is this the kind of Quality processes in place at Jaguar, that you actually have Manufacturing defective units being sold at your retailer showrooms. Now lucky for me that i got a five year warranty as part of the Ramadan offer when i bought my car, but my question to you is what happens after these five years? if this is the kind of vehicles you sell that in two years the engine needs to be replaced, i as a customer am deeply saddened by the fact that a brand like Jaguar can give their customer such a poor quality vehicle and experience for the kind of investment they make.

To one and all, looking at buying a new car.. think twice before you step into the Al Tayer showroon to buy a Jaguar, or be prepared for the worst.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Car details? i.e. which engine, etc...

The following users liked this post:
Mayank Bhargava (06-30-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 03:46 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Moved from the "New XF X260" section to the "Other Areas" regional section, since it's not an X260...

The OP logged off immediately after posting...

The following users liked this post:
Mayank Bhargava (06-30-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 01:18 AM

@JagV8: my car is a 2013 model Jaguar XF 2.0L Premium Luxury. Not sure if the Premium Luxury name is specific to the Middle East region?

Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 AM

@Cambo: Thank you for the move, still getting to learn how this forum works. But joined here mainly to make people aware the kind of experience i had with Jaguar, so hopefully no one else would have to go through the same.