Other Jaguar Models / Concepts / Replicas Do you have a Jaguar model not listed above? This is the place to talk about it!

New F-Type

Old 02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts
Default New F-Type

My local Jag dealer recently that the F-Type is a go. However, I noticed two different versions are being considered.

Version 1: Very similar to current XK series in appearance.

Version 2: Has a nose similar to the XF, but rest of car is similar to Version 1. Personally, I like the version 1 better, but both look very nice.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails New F-Type-jaguar-f-type.jpg   New F-Type-jaguarftype_version-2.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 137 Likes on 116 Posts

Number 2 looks too much like a Honda S2000 from the front.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carelm
My local Jag dealer recently that the F-Type is a go. However, I noticed two different versions are being considered.

Version 1: Very similar to current XK series in appearance.

Version 2: Has a nose similar to the XF, but rest of car is similar to Version 1. Personally, I like the version 1 better, but both look very nice.

Mike
Both just photo shop pure guess work. I just started a new tread on " new XE"---perhaps it and this one should somehow be linked up, as they both concern the new "XE---or F Type". Actually, both these "shoped" photos are just what I Don't want to see. Let's get something new and original and a breakthrough in design--lije the old ones were. It can be done! Just look at what Audi did with the R8! It resembles nothing else and is pure "wow". Jaguar could do teh same in design, but in an afordable real sports car--not a tourer!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

actually the car is coming out but our jag emails say its gonna be called XKE not F type.. gonna have same powertrain as XFR and XKR .. but smaller and cheaper price tag.. the jag article called it the 911 beater or something like that.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Old 03-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by nooshinjohn

Yes, this I like very much. But, having said that, it is still has a lot of "old--non original" elements, which I would hope could be corrected by great original design. Eg, the grill is simply the current Jag---let's get original with "Jag" character also. Yes, it can be done! That is exactly why the R8 is so beautiful and successuful--not to forget, it is perhaps the best all round "semi-or super car " there is. I would be (am) 1st on the list to get and keep a real E Type. Oh, by the way, in the interest of full disclosure, yes, I do have an R8! But, I love Jaguar and am just waiting--but only if Tata does it right.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

All this rumor stuff floating around about the XKE / F type / XF Coupe are photo-shop speculation. When they start capturing test mules out with the camo on is when to start speculating. If I had a $ for every "this is the next...." or "wait 'til this hits.." that never happened I'd be able to buy Jaguar from Tata.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by JOsworth
All this rumor stuff floating around about the XKE / F type / XF Coupe are photo-shop speculation. When they start capturing test mules out with the camo on is when to start speculating. If I had a $ for every "this is the next...." or "wait 'til this hits.." that never happened I'd be able to buy Jaguar from Tata.

I agree completely. But, I am not trying to speculate. I am only entering my desires in the hope that someone from Jaguar reads this Forum and just maybe it has some influence in responding to customers desires. I know this is probably unrealistic, but so is much of all of our car desires. And at the worst, it is fun to share with others on what we would like. The actual photoshops and speculation we are now seeing, are exactly that and nothing more at this stage. I think we are all also trying to impress on Jaguar/Tata that we really what this new sports car to become reality for once!