Other Jaguar Models / Concepts / Replicas Do you have a Jaguar model not listed above? This is the place to talk about it!

Opinions on Jaguar B99 Concept

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Opinions on Jaguar B99 Concept

Jaguar is discussing a new Jaguar to compete with the BMW 3 series. Calling it XS. I think they should go with the B99 Concept Pics are HERE

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/jaguar-b99-concept-by-bertone-geneva-2011/#photo-3935579/

Old 01-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

....I like this. Just about more of an XJ than the new XJ, itself.

Not that the new XJ isn't absolutely gorgeous, but this is still especially good.

Matter of fact, I love it. Even if they don't come out with a sedan / saloon model, this is great.

And I bet this could give Maseratis a ton and a half of grief, too.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 AM

Its has four doors,,,they just open like a rolls royce. Check out the link. I want them to make it.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 AM

Oh, I should have looked first.

Everyone, drop everything right this instant (yes this includes you with the hot coffee. Drop it.).

Ready?

Look at THIS:

Absolutely perfect. It's even better than an XJ, It's an XJ with suicide passenger doors.

And the Dashboard is Freakin' Magma:

This display on the lefthand side is acceptably odd. Some could probably say it looks like an afterthought but it complements the rest of the dash just about right in my opinion.

Make a long wheelbase version of this and then stick a fork in it, because it'll be Done.

This could be far more than an M3 butcher, it could damned well be a Bentley killer.

Jaguar plays it's cards right and this could be it's flagship. It might even be able to share a room with a Maybach, this car is that astounding.

The following users liked this post:
johnro6659 (12-28-2021)
Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM

I believe every word of what you just said.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:04 PM
XJL
Received 141 Likes on 109 Posts

I have mixed feelings about this concept car. Is it supposed to be like the X-Type? It looks small but it's hard to tell without seeing it in person. It does not look like the XJ at all IMO.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 AM

Sadly yes. They said if jaguar makes it its going to be a small to fit in with the Bmw 3 series. Still perfect and worth building though

Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by RenegadeRose
Sadly yes. They said if jaguar makes it its going to be a small to fit in with the Bmw 3 series. Still perfect and worth building though
They still ought to make a long wheelbase version. ;~;

Or maybe a coupe model would work for this car, considering it's aimed at the 3's.

They really ought to reconsider though and set higher goals for this car.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:33 PM
XJL
Received 141 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Another Jaguar Concept Car

Your thoughts on this?

Old 01-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

This is better than Bertone concept and tail lights resemble Evoque too

Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by XJL
Your thoughts on this?

Couldn't find the article on gadgetrance, but this is an opposing XS concept?

I'll admit that it is better shaped to go for the sport market and take on the M3 but the Bertone concept is still just much, much better in looks and form, and I would still buy it before I bought this.

They could always make a coupe model of the bertone to better suit going up against the M3 but again, it's looks are way, way beyond just marketing it as the X-type's replacement. This could be something much, much bigger than that.

EDIT:

....But it looks like Jaguar isn't going with the Bertone.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/03/21...y-level-sedan/

Fiddlesticks.

Here's something of a size comparison though, anyway:

Darn I would've wanted to see this.

Last edited by Valium.Skies; 01-27-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,341 Likes on 1,057 Posts

The Bertone effort - loose the leaper, set it down lower on it's suspension (it looks like a mini 4WD sat up like that) and it'll be a great looking Jaguar - they obviously took the brief seriously because they're using Jaguar styling cues.

Ian Callum's direction although fresh, is too close to others. He also lost the brand identity.....which is unforgivable in my book. The successful German competitors have all kept their frontal designs as close to their recognized identities - for example, Mercedes has that grill opening and accents, BMW has kept it's double kidney grill, where did Jaguar's go? Ian Callum has just put a big oblong box on the front, and slash lamps like every other euro box......and he's happy collecting his wages and spouting design catch phrases as another stylistically boring product gets unveiled.....He needs to move on.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Sean said it all

Boy you are dead on Sean! The identity marquee should always be incorporated in any new design. The grill is #1 in that consideration.

Originally Posted by Sean B
The Bertone effort - loose the leaper, set it down lower on it's suspension (it looks like a mini 4WD sat up like that) and it'll be a great looking Jaguar - they obviously took the brief seriously because they're using Jaguar styling cues.

Ian Callum's direction although fresh, is too close to others. He also lost the brand identity.....which is unforgivable in my book. The successful German competitors have all kept their frontal designs as close to their recognized identities - for example, Mercedes has that grill opening and accents, BMW has kept it's double kidney grill, where did Jaguar's go? Ian Callum has just put a big oblong box on the front, and slash lamps like every other euro box......and he's happy collecting his wages and spouting design catch phrases as another stylistically boring product gets unveiled.....He needs to move on.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 565 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean B
...Ian Callum's direction although fresh, is too close to others. He also lost the brand identity.....which is unforgivable in my book. The successful German competitors have all kept their frontal designs as close to their recognized identities - for example, Mercedes has that grill opening and accents, BMW has kept it's double kidney grill, where did Jaguar's go? Ian Callum has just put a big oblong box on the front, and slash lamps like every other euro box......and he's happy collecting his wages and spouting design catch phrases as another stylistically boring product gets unveiled.....He needs to move on.
Not to be argumentative, but which grill should they go with? Consider the Mk X, E-Type or XK-150, Mk 2, 420, all built the same year and look different.
One must not judge the look of a car from photographs. Cars are 3D and must be experienced in 3D.

The following users liked this post:
sklimii (09-11-2013)
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 565 Likes on 353 Posts

Personally, I like the Bertone concept. It reminds me of the old De Tomaso Longchamp & Deauville. I could see it as a Jag.

Didn't Bertone or Ital Design create a concept which Jaguar rejected, but which Lexus built as the GS300 and GS400? Maybe another car co will buy this design.