PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Western US]: CDC14162 cable wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDC14162 cable wanted

Hi I am looking to hook up a cdc player into my 2008 xj8. it is equipped with nav and bluetooth . the dealer is telling me I need a c2c14162 cable .
D2b cable?
Thanks for the help,SAL

Old 06-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

You don't need to buy a complete cable, you can just add an additional section to the cable you have now.

Have a look at this guide ==> article_-_d2b_linking_fibre_optic_cables.pdf

I have a few spare pieces and connectors here, but you could pick one up out of any wrecked X-Type, X350 XJ or S-Type (2003-onward for the S-Type).

The following users liked this post:
Salbacore (06-22-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 07:16 PM

So if I buy a three connector cable and go from main harness to one end of three connector cable plugs and the other two ends to the cdc than the nav how does the bluetooth complete the loop?
Thanks,Sal

Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 PM

Would you have pictures of the cables in the correct order and configuration ?
Thanks

Old 06-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

You don't need to buy a 3-connector cable.

You just need a single piece of fiber optic and a male plug.

Then you add that piece into the existing fiber optic loop.

Unplug one of the fibers from the existing loop, put this new additional one in, connect the fiber you unplugged into the new connector.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

I've wondered about this. I have a base 2004 XJ8. No amp no navigation no phone, but apparently wired for the cd changer. In the truck a fiber optic cable plug with two leads ends just short of where the CD changer would go (in the loom under the carpet on the left side of the car). Based on the install manual I would need the C2C 14149 cable to install the changer. I can find the changer for a reasonable price but without the cable I can't install and I haven't found the cable at a reasonable price. All of the junk yards I've checked have the units removed from the car with no cables.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:36 PM

I think it would be easier for me to pick up a used one and plug and play .I see a couple online .Also they had the single loop wire included if I need to complete the loop .
The info you sheared is helpful .Only one of the links opened up though. It showed the splicing as well as the manufactured cable.
thank you ,Sal