PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very impressive !

Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 AM
BeO
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Is a kit for a 98 XKR available yet? Not quite sure I need all that extra power, but it's oh so tempting...

Old 03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,063 Likes on 759 Posts

I hope soon to know how the fitment goes, but I have full confidence it will work (If you fancy a trip to Belgium, I can install the kit for you). For best results though the original TB also needs to be bored out, am still looking for someone that can do this, but the TB can already be mounted as is.

The following users liked this post:
BeO (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
BeO
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info would be a nice trip, going down to Belgium and have a few extra hp with me back, as a souvenir but I doubt I have the financial muscles for such a conversion at the moment. Really should be saving up...

Old 03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any way I could hack this into my XK8? As I understood it the XKR and 8 are basically the same, save for thr supercharger components.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,343 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch_Razor
Is there any way I could hack this into my XK8? As I understood it the XKR and 8 are basically the same, save for thr supercharger components.
I'm sure Andre' will be along to clarify, but from what I can tell you'll need to lower the compression, meaning a set of supercharged pistons. Adding a forced induction system to a high compression engine will lead to blown head gaskets.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XJR still high hopes

Originally Posted by avos
I hope soon to know how the fitment goes, but I have full confidence it will work (If you fancy a trip to Belgium, I can install the kit for you). For best results though the original TB also needs to be bored out, am still looking for someone that can do this, but the TB can already be mounted as is.
HI Andre,

Those of us with the "family sedans" still eagerly hope for a chance to use your wonderful kit to enhance our grocery getting experiences!

What additional parts require fabrication to make this a possibility for 2004-2009 XJR 4.2?

Thanks again,

Keith

Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

Dag Dutch_Razor,

As Sean B already mentioned due to the higher compression you will not come close to the SC engine resultsif it would all workout. Sorry, but it will be far cheaper to trade in your car for a SC, and mod from there, serioulsy.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kfishlock
HI Andre,

Those of us with the "family sedans" still eagerly hope for a chance to use your wonderful kit to enhance our grocery getting experiences!

What additional parts require fabrication to make this a possibility for 2004-2009 XJR 4.2?

Thanks again,

Keith
No worries, I will start up the work to design the setup for the people carriers, you need the power even more ;-). The intake is the most crucial/complex part to get right, I can reuse the rest form my current setup, so that will save time. Airbox/Intake tube can be done at a later stage, but am already preparing the larger MAF work.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Thumbs up Impressive !

Very nice work Avos ! It was pleasant reading this thread. Being also from Belgium I am very interested and will PM you now.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Default not yet

Oeps ! Is it not allowed to new members to PM ? I will wait till Monday and in that case I have to post 3 other comments somewhere before i can PM you.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Question

Have no idea actually; it feels very fast though, probably somewhat XKR-S like. ¼ mile racing isn’t as popular on this side of the pond, so no tracks around. I have bought a Gtech measurement device, so all that is left now is some time to learn how to launch without too much wheel spin.
You made me dream this Easter weekend ...
A Nissan GTR weights 1750 kg and has "only" 480 hp.
The jaguar XJR 4.0 i V8 32V weights 1850 kg has 363 Hp and with your kit: 506 hp ...
This is a power to weight ratio of 3,65 kg per HP. Exact the same for both cars. The Nissan GTXR goes from 0 to 100 in 3,5 sec !!!!!!!!
But to sprint that fast it has 4 wheel drive. Ehum ... a problem !
Has your XJR a LSD ? I see on an other thread that people experiment with the dif ratio's by installing a dif from a 6 cyl. But this is in my 6cyl X-300 the weak spot. I have a light singer in the back.

Since your post above, 3 weeks are past. Do you have now the acceleration numbers ?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

Top end hp is just a part for acceleration as you know of course for 0-100kph. Power curve in the rpm range area of gearing is important, gearing in total (so gearbox plus diff ratios), drive train inertia, tires and gear speed etc. Major advantage for the GTR is the gearing, it is setup for fast acceleration (i.e. 1st is 15:1 whereas mine is 11:1), and needless to say that it can use the full power in 1st due to its 4wd whereas I can’t. Am not sure what the inertia difference is, mine is heavy, but it could be the same for the GTR as it has 4wd. And the GTR will also shift faster, which again takes of 1 or 2 tenth (just guessing though). I am working on faster shifting (TCM tune), not sure when that will be ready.

On paper I am more around the XKR-S and the BMW M5 560 BHP one, but I do not have urge to get numbers, as they will vary based on driver skills and weather conditions etc, just like for the XKR-S and BMW M5. Nevertheless I might give it a go sometime, I haven’t bought the gtech for nothing, but there are other things more important to work on for now.

I still use the stock diff gearing as changing this will affect economy and I just drive to much, but I do have a very good Diff, the OS Giken TCD (made for a GTR), which has shown to make the GTR faster on the track (of course I will never come close though).

Old 04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaguar X-300 driver
Oeps ! Is it not allowed to new members to PM ? I will wait till Monday and in that case I have to post 3 other comments somewhere before i can PM you.
My public mail addres is hidden a bit in the first post of this thread, here it is andre.vos@telenet.be

Old 04-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Lightbulb Lpg

What about putting the XJR on LPG ? It has 104 octane. So you could increase the boost to compensate for the loss of energy ...

Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 AM
Veteran Member

I actually think you could even get more hp out of it with LPG, but to do it right you might also have to change the valve seats, and possibly use stronger exhaust valves. I praise the practicality my car, and wouldn’t want to lose boot space for a LPG tank.

Imho it also just doesn’t feel right to add a different fuel system, being it meth kits, NOS or LPG to the XKR sports car, just as you wouldn’t want to do something like this with a Ferrari.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually think you could even get more hp out of it with LPG, but to do it right you might also have to change the valve seats, and possibly use stronger exhaust valves. I praise the practicality my car, and wouldn’t want to lose boot space for a LPG tank.

Imho it also just doesn’t feel right to add a different fuel system, being it meth kits, NOS or LPG to the XKR sports car, just as you wouldn’t want to do something like this with a Ferrari.

I would....

How much do you think the valve seats and stronger exhaust valves would cost?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by fitnessrx
I would....

How much do you think the valve seats and stronger exhaust valves would cost?
There is always one

jeengineering.co.uk do this for example, for £1842 they also port the heads, install larger/stronger exhaust valves and special seats.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Default Lpg

I drove with a car at Jags Only in Belgium on LPG and it drove great. They have several V8s running on LPG and they use only a good LPI installation with the standard valves. According to them: No problem!
Installing a LPG kit in your car can be done at many places, however I had bad experiences in the past. Go to the best, to people who thoroughly understand the theory, like for example this one: www.bs-autotune.nl

Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaguar X-300 driver
I drove with a car at Jags Only in Belgium on LPG and it drove great. They have several V8s running on LPG and they use only a good LPI installation with the standard valves. According to them: No problem!
The question would be; do they have heavily tuned AJV8 supercharged engines running LPG? Stock it might be relatively ok, not sure as I don’t have experience with it, but I am not interested as mentioned. Agree that you need to find someone that understands/has experience with tuning modern engines and LPG if you go this route.

Quick Reply: FS[Europe]: Twin-Screw kit for AJV8 engines (100 to more than 200 extra HP)