S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 jaguar stype Heat

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2000 jaguar stype Heat

Hello, this is actually my first forum ever. I've been a fan for a while and it has helped me immensely. For that I thank everyone. I have a 2000 stype 4.0 that does not blow hot air nor does the heat transfer from top, vents, or bottom. Can anyone help?

Old 12-16-2015, 05:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,488 Likes on 3,905 Posts

Look for posts about DCCV - the 5-hose (5-port) version. (Cars - including 3.0 - before 2003.)

Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,997 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by vela
Hello, this is actually my first forum ever. I've been a fan for a while and it has helped me immensely. For that I thank everyone. I have a 2000 stype 4.0 that does not blow hot air nor does the heat transfer from top, vents, or bottom. Can anyone help?
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Let's see if we can be of any assistance.

Some preliminary checks:

Make sure the coolant level is correct. These heaters are very sensitive to low coolant, especially at idle. Is your lack of heat at all engine speeds? If only at low RPM, low coolant could be the culprit. The V8 also has an aux coolant pump to help the heater at low RPM.

Make sure the dash gauge shows coolant temperature in the middle of the range. If the thermostat has failed so the coolant isn't warming up properly, you'd have no heat available from the heater core.

What happens when you set the temp panel to HI? This setting bypasses most of the auto features and helps rule out many components.

Try disconnecting the electrical connector at the Dual Coolant Control Valve (DCCV). This valve is down low to the right of the radiator, when facing forward. Access is a booger, but is worth it for troubleshooting. The two solenoids inside the valve are spring-loaded to the open position. Remove power from the solenoids and you should get full heat. If not, the valve innards are likely corroded and stuck in the closed position.

This website has more info, but the diagnosis section is designed for symptoms of no cooling, which is opposite of what you have:

DIY: Diagnose It Yourself - JaguarClimateControl.com

Please note they talk about faults in the valve burning out the control panel, but that is generally only for 2003+ models.

Last edited by kr98664; 12-16-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,997 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by kr98664

Try disconnecting the electrical connector at the Dual Coolant Control Valve (DCCV). This valve is down low to the right of the radiator, when facing forward. Access is a booger, but is worth it for troubleshooting. The two solenoids inside the valve are spring-loaded to the open position. Remove power from the solenoids and you should get full heat. If not, the valve innards are likely corroded and stuck in the closed position.
I just had another idea to accomplish the same thing, if you don't mind being my guinea pig. At the front power distribution box, remove fuse #1. This removes power from the DCCV, and sure beats wrestling with that buried connector.

The same fuse also supplies power to the AC clutch, so the AC system will be inop. Also, the V8 aux cooling pump is on the same fuse, so you will have to rev up the engine to get hot coolant flowing properly.

So if you'd like, try removing that fuse and see if you now get heat. I'd try it on my car but my son borrowed it for a date. Something about the Jag mystique...

Old 12-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kr98664
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Let's see if we can be of any assistance.

Some preliminary checks:

Make sure the coolant level is correct. These heaters are very sensitive to low coolant, especially at idle. Is your lack of heat at all engine speeds? If only at low RPM, low coolant could be the culprit. The V8 also has an aux coolant pump to help the heater at low RPM.

Make sure the dash gauge shows coolant temperature in the middle of the range. If the thermostat has failed so the coolant isn't warming up properly, you'd have no heat available from the heater core.

What happens when you set the temp panel to HI? This setting bypasses most of the auto features and helps rule out many components.

This website has more info, but the diagnosis section is designed for symptoms of no cooling, which is opposite of what you have:

DIY: Diagnose It Yourself - JaguarClimateControl.com

Please note they talk about faults in the valve burning out the control panel, but that is generally only for 2003+ models.
Thank you kindly gentlemen.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,208 Likes on 1,700 Posts

See if this information helps but remember this link is for a 3.0 not a 4.0

Link JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

This other link is electrical for your car.

Link http://jagrepair.com/images/AutoRepa...01999.25en.pdf