S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the correct rear parking sensor for my STR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 AM
jya
Received 159 Likes on 115 Posts

EZ,
I cant find the invioce from Manhattan Jaguar for the actual kit in the photo. But I remember it was half price in the US from here at rip-off Jaguar Australia!
Note the harness shown in these photos above I had to buy seperately! (XR822127) @ US$158.00. Despite the photo, did not come with the kit. My 2002.5 STR was not pre-wired. Maybe the 2003 year STRs were?
The instructions that came with the kit were very good. And it went in easy. Of course drilling is required, but that is very straight forward and well explained.
The hardest part was removing the rear shelf and fitting that stupid little speaker! The instructions are vague. Just make sure you place it as far back in the parcel shelf as possible UNDER THE VENT as you will not hear it otherwise. And when you find the loom plug, check that it works first as there are several similar plugs.
I can tell you it has made life ALOT easier!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
....thats what I think about the rear sensors. They are a pain to change, and problematic when they go bad once, another problem a rises soon after. But of course, you can do what I did and save yourself the money to keep fixing it, by having the sensor holes filled up and painted over . At the end you'll have a nice clean shiny look to your rear end

looks clean except for that tow hook, you need to get a cover and glue it on or fill and paint over it.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My car has the back up alarm but it has quit working. I will not be drilling the bumper or having to replace the harness, or mount the speaker since it is already done. All I have to do is replace parts. I was mainly curious about the cost of the sensors and the controller. I'm not sure which one went bad on my car. Thanks!

Originally Posted by jya
EZ,
I cant find the invioce from Manhattan Jaguar for the actual kit in the photo. But I remember it was half price in the US from here at rip-off Jaguar Australia!
Note the harness shown in these photos above I had to buy seperately! (XR822127) @ US$158.00. Despite the photo, did not come with the kit. My 2002.5 STR was not pre-wired. Maybe the 2003 year STRs were?
The instructions that came with the kit were very good. And it went in easy. Of course drilling is required, but that is very straight forward and well explained.
The hardest part was removing the rear shelf and fitting that stupid little speaker! The instructions are vague. Just make sure you place it as far back in the parcel shelf as possible UNDER THE VENT as you will not hear it otherwise. And when you find the loom plug, check that it works first as there are several similar plugs.
I can tell you it has made life ALOT easier!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by achysklic
looks clean except for that tow hook, you need to get a cover and glue it on or fill and paint over it.
Not a tow hook. Its a rear backup camera.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by achysklic
....Yeah I have one, just have to get it painted and strapped on. I seen so many on the road S types that have a missing tow hook cover. LOlz, that wouldn't be a bad idea having a small micro camera fit in that hole

Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Coincidently, I need a left one myself. They worked fine but I broke it taking it out to paint the cover. Saw some used ones on ebay pretty cheap but they are black. I suppose you can paint them?

Funny thing is I've removed and replaced these many times on customer cars without issue. The Jag ones look the same as the Ford ones I've done. I am tempted to call Ford & see what they want for one. Never broke one before but like a dumbass I started prying cause it was stuck. All they needed was a little WD40 and patience. Thing is to push from the outside while wigling the inside part. A couple small screwdrivers placed to hold the locking tabs out if you don't have a helper...I usually don't.