S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line disconnect?

Old 10-31-2017, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line disconnect?

i cannot get the fuel line off, the one over the valve cover trying to replace the valve cover gaskets. and the fuel line and also the brake lines are in the way making it very hard to get to the bottom bolts on the valve cover. i went to the parts store and bought the set of special tools for removing ac/fuel lines but they are not coming off. the tools are only made of plastic. so it shouldn't be that hard i have pushed and pulled and wiggled it till my fingers are sore. there must be a trick i don't know, help!!!

Old 11-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

a special tool is required .
and will most definitely will be in this kit .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transmissio...gAAOSwrFJZ2uR-

Old 11-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Vicky. Don't forget to pop in on the New Member's section and make an introduction and read the welcome rules.

Which engine are we working with? I'm guessing the V8 because I've done the cam-covers on both of my 3.0L's and never once molested the fuel lines in order to do so.

In any case, it is a good idea to modify your signature line to include the Model year and engine of your car - helps readers of your posts determine whether or not they have a useful tip to share or not.

Those joints can be finicky, due to corrosion or other particulates. Push in on the tool and the line, then use one hand to keep the tool pressed into the joint while yanking out on the line with the other hand.

I'm not sure this will be helpful, but the last picture in this post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2/#post1650180
is of the inlet/outlet ports of an X300 fuel tank. Same tools required as you just purchased. Whether the joint you are working has four keeper springs holding the tube-bead in place like this or not is unknown to me, but it will have some sort of similar device to accomplish the function. The tube you are trying to remove will have a bead on it the same outer diameter as the part of the plastic tool that you've inserted into the bell.

Last edited by aholbro1; 11-01-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:44 AM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicky Baker
i cannot get the fuel line off, the one over the valve cover trying to replace the valve cover gaskets. and the fuel line and also the brake lines are in the way making it very hard to get to the bottom bolts on the valve cover. i went to the parts store and bought the set of special tools for removing ac/fuel lines but they are not coming off. the tools are only made of plastic. so it shouldn't be that hard i have pushed and pulled and wiggled it till my fingers are sore. there must be a trick i don't know, help!!!
Before attempting to release that fuel line please make sure your bleed of the fuel pressure. Could be the reason for you not being able to disconnect that line. I believe the size you need to use is 3/8"

Old 11-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,209 Likes on 1,749 Posts

Maybe post some pictures of what your trying to do?
Very hard to guess over the internet.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

OP drive by poster????? It has been quite a few days.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i finally got it off. just had to keep googleing, you finally will find a utube video to watch. thanks everyone.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 786 Likes on 664 Posts
Wink

Yes their not easy sometimes, they sure go back together a lot easier than they came apart.