S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights stuck on / Now brake fault no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 06:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Headlights stuck on / Now brake fault no start

So I was seeing if my S-type would make the windows go up if I held the Lock button on the key fob. It does not, then I tried to see if the emergency button worked and it did. I locked the car and went inside. I looked out the window headlights were still on. I tried turning them off with the switches and no luck at all. So I unhooked the batter for 5 min and re connected it. Headlights off ! But now Brake fault Light comes on and car wont start, Horn doesn't work and key fob is useless. Really What the Heck. So I read some forum stuff and googled it and you tube and still no avail. Still dead in the water. Please respond quickly if you can I have to drive 5 hrs in the morning for work and right now its a no go.

Thank you !!!

I put the car back together and took it for a test ride everything works fine minus the wipers. I was reading forums later and found a bit on programming my key fob, one of mine doesn't work. So I went to do that and it didn't work, while doing this I set off the panic alarm, lights horn ect and turned it off with the key in the ignition. Started the car moved it back and forth and stopped. Turned it on again gave me a parking brake fault followed instructions on dash and set it. Car seemed fine, I went in the house and looked outside my headlights were on. I tried to turn them off and I could not with any switch. I disconnected the battery for 10 min. Re connected and got the code on the dash brake fault and no start. the a/c fan unit does not work, key fob does not work, trunk button interior lights door locks. Car just is immobilized, turned the valet switch a couple times on off and nothing. Where do I go from here

So I am an idiot- but with your help I figured it out, I took out the owners manual and went thru all 3 fuse boxes. Fuse for fuse, description for description. Fuse 22 Passenger Panel controls all that is not working while checking yesterday I put fuse 22 in fuse 21 which is blank, there fore leaving my car limp. So Frustrated but very happy I am running and working as normal. Just need to fix the wiper motor and my P0420 code. Thanks again for everything this forum rocks !!

Last edited by Joshua Silva; 07-17-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

You need a new battery. Quick enough?

Old 07-16-2017, 06:54 PM

Battery is a Brand new Jaguar Battery this April 2017

Old 07-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Water in the trunk? Look down where the spare is as well?

Old 07-17-2017, 09:09 AM

Took Tire out and it is dry no signs of any water. Also noticed button on trunk will not operate have to open with key. Everything was working good until I hit the panic button on the key phob then all heck broke loose.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,488 Likes on 3,905 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Silva
Battery is a Brand new Jaguar Battery this April 2017
Well something seems wrong now. May be battery/power/ground/etc.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Received 133 Likes on 125 Posts

Check the voltage on the battery it has to be 12.6 v anything lower than that means that not all of the components will function correctly. Check that the cables are connected tight enough to terminals (I have found this out the hard way) They may not to correctly as they are very close tolerance and it may move slightly but they look to be tight enough.