S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last call, for me, on hood insulation pad solutions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Last call, for me, on hood insulation pad solutions.

I didn't move quickly enough while our vendor (RIP) who was doing this was still alive and I can't locate anyone who does this now for an S-Type so I'm going to order the crummy original pad as mine has shrunk and is flopping around.

But just in case someone HAS found another source but I haven't found that on here or elsewhere I'm asking one last time.

Anyone know of a supplier of a better solution?

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
I didn't move quickly enough while our vendor (RIP) who was doing this was still alive and I can't locate anyone who does this now for an S-Type so I'm going to order the crummy original pad as mine has shrunk and is flopping around.

But just in case someone HAS found another source but I haven't found that on here or elsewhere I'm asking one last time.

Anyone know of a supplier of a better solution?

Thanks.
We had our original replaced by Jag under warranty after only 1 1/2 or two years, it was totally shot and falling apart. The replacement one was made of different material and has stood up from 08 until now looking like new. It was one of the items that Jag seemed to fix after initial problems and many complaints from customers. I guess they found a different supplier.

I wish they did the same with the crap trans cooler lines.

The following users liked this post:
Staatsof (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by MyBlackCat
We had our original replaced by Jag under warranty after only 1 1/2 or two years, it was totally shot and falling apart. The replacement one was made of different material and has stood up from 08 until now looking like new. It was one of the items that Jag seemed to fix after initial problems and many complaints from customers. I guess they found a different supplier.

I wish they did the same with the crap trans cooler lines.
Well that's good to hear. I hope I'm lucky that way.

The trans cooler lines (I've done those and the engine oil double cooler on my 05 STR) are a basic design problem of too much aluminum pipe and not enough rubber flex hose IMHO. For the tranny cooler lines I re-utilized the old pipes, shortened them and put compression fittings with an AN adapter on the tubes and then ran longer push-lock hose on push-lock to AN fittings on the hose. They will outlast the car. They're also where you can replace the hose easily again. But I determined that for the engine oil cooler this was too complicated to make in a reliable fashion as those aluminum pipes are formed in a torturous manner as only a computer can so as to not bump into all the other stuff in the front of that engine. So they will fail again @ 50K miles ...