Mina Gallery Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Ask Chris to "next day" it.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Ordered intake on 18th of Feb, it was in stock but have still not seen it. Spoke to Chris last week and he said it was dispatched but Has not arrived. Hope Mina is not getting to busy and can't handle the volume, perhaps Mina should up there postage and use UPS so we get a tracking number. Will call again today to find out where my intake may be. Had a list of Mina products to order over the next few months so bit of a test of customer service going on.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Well intake arrived! Ye looks good, that put in some badges and tyre caps which was nice. Will start install tomorrow with other items to be looked at.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I got mine today as well! I'll throw it on after the snowfall (well, if we get any), drive around with it for a few weeks, and then get her dyno'd again.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member

Promise you guys will appreciate the Mina intake. Just what the str needs. Go blue and Robert page, u will likely see a 12 rwhp increase and improved mid and top end charge.

Last edited by bfsgross; 03-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bfsgross:
goblue90 (03-05-2013), Robert Page (03-05-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

So quite the day tying to install the intake and my new HID bulbs without removing the bumper. I can say with full confidence that the Qwiketz elbow will take some modifications to work with the Mina intake. The stepped coupler that goes from the intake tube to the stock airbox will have to be replaced to one that is the same size on both ends. Luckily, the qwiketz elbow is the same diameter as the tubing on the Mina. Beyond that, the other rubber coupler that was supplied with the kit needs clamps; I am not sure why they did not come with clamps considering how much air this SOB will be sucking at red line. So hopefully I just saved someone a few hours and some disappointment. I will try for round 2 perhaps tomorrow or next week.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 PM

Ps, after looking at cb Harley's post, it appears I have a cone shaped filter but he has a cylinder shaped filter. It also looks like he has hose clamps? One final note, the stock ram air setup does not fit snug into the square hole on the bottom part of the air damn blocking plate. Methinks I got a regular s type intake. Hmmmmmmm

Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

I still haven't received mine but Mina said they were aware of the shipping error and would rush me one. That was Tuesday .

Old 03-09-2013, 10:23 PM

So installed Mina intake, must say it was not the easiest of jobs but that could be that I was attaching it to my Qwiketz elbow. I have a few points to make the biggest being that the cone filter I received is a bit too big for the compartment created by the heat shield and the hole it goes through is snug to say the least. I know it has to be snug to create a good seal but I had no skin left on my knuckles by the end of install. I must say that I did expect some codes to come up straight away as I did not think I was going to get a good seal on the Maf housing but no codes so all good. Kit could do with a bit more development but looks fine and no adverse effects so far but I have not had time to push he car yet.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

The Mina intake had no problem attaching to the couplers of the "Mafioso" air intake elbow.

Last edited by bfsgross; 03-10-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

Mina sent me an email today saying that they got a batch of mislabeled filters from K&N. If you are having problems putting yours on, you might want to contact Mina and make sure you got the right parts.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by rasputin
Ps, after looking at cb Harley's post, it appears I have a cone shaped filter but he has a cylinder shaped filter. It also looks like he has hose clamps? One final note, the stock ram air setup does not fit snug into the square hole on the bottom part of the air damn blocking plate. Methinks I got a regular s type intake. Hmmmmmmm
I know some of the others got some "wrong parts" so you may have gotten the wrong filter and possibly the shield as well.

I talked to Chris at Mina quite a bit about this and I too had some issues at first with the hose clamps. I added the two you see in the photos for security and for vanity reasons. Those are actually T-Clamps from Spectre available at PebBoys for $5 bucks a piece...

I would give Chris a call and see what he thinks. I know both Seth and I had great experiences and a very easy install...

Sorry you ran into issues with your kit...

Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by cbharley10
I know some of the others got some "wrong parts" so you may have gotten the wrong filter and possibly the shield as well.

I talked to Chris at Mina quite a bit about this and I too had some issues at first with the hose clamps. I added the two you see in the photos for security and for vanity reasons. Those are actually T-Clamps from Spectre available at PebBoys for $5 bucks a piece...

I would give Chris a call and see what he thinks. I know both Seth and I had great experiences and a very easy install...

Sorry you ran into issues with your kit...
No worries, just wanted to make sure i was on the same page as anyone else, I appreciate the response and will craft an e-mail to Chris now.

Was either cbharley or bfgross able to some how secure the ram air intake tube into the air damn square hole in the bottom area on the headlight side? if not, then I am unsure why there is a square hole there and am thinking the stock ram air setup should just be removed.

I should be able to use another coupler and clamps supplied originally with the Qwiketz kit.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Been reading the post again and my XJR Mina does not have a hole for the stock Ram air supply tube! It does have a cut out on the lower edge near the headlight but this is just for clearance of wires and cables.Will have to call Chris and find out If I have correct parts or do you actually use the ram tube.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Spoke to Mina and you do not retain the Ram air supply pipe from the OE air box. They say there is Enough air supplied from under the car and around the headlight. May see later if I can fit some flexible tubing from the front lower grill to direct more air to that area a bit like some of the K&N kits that I have used in the past. May look into this when the weather gets warmer. Took some photo's of the set up in the XJR and will post tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Page
Spoke to Mina and you do not retain the Ram air supply pipe from the OE air box. They say there is Enough air supplied from under the car and around the headlight. May see later if I can fit some flexible tubing from the front lower grill to direct more air to that area a bit like some of the K&N kits that I have used in the past. May look into this when the weather gets warmer. Took some photo's of the set up in the XJR and will post tomorrow.
Yup, got the same response from Chris (nice guy). Great minds think alike about the ducting to create some ram air, there are a lot of nooks in there to make this happen. Time is rough the next couple of weeks, but we should share some ideas on how to do it/where and what to buy.

The following users liked this post:
Robert Page (03-13-2013)
Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,062 Likes on 759 Posts

I guess there are some now that do have a OBDII reader so they can check their intake temps. That will show if there is enough cold air coming in.

Ideally some checks what the temp does at idle, cruising at 30 and 60 mph and also some checks doing a couple of power runs to see how the temp behaves. (Please also note the outside temp obviously)

The following users liked this post:
Bad Cattitude (03-12-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM

So drove Ronnie today and crap Engine check light has come on! Have only driven car prob 20 miles in the last week and have had no issues. The only thing that I have played around with is fitting he Mina, car is driving fine and no restricted performance. On my way to parts store to buy an OBD reader so I can find out if code is Mina related or something else.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:02 PM

Mine did not come with enough lamps, or I should say any clamps. Did yours?

Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM

***clamps, lol, damn iPhone. Also did you reset your battery?

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery Intake