S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Phone system says Phone Currently Off, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts
Default My Phone system says Phone Currently Off, Help!

Well, I just finished installing all my goodies, Nav, Voice and Bluetooth phone. Everything was factory and as soon as I turned the key after installing them they all worked fine, almost. I am having a problem with the phone system. Now, when I press the phone button, it goes the the phone screen, so I know the module is good. But, what is happening is that I can't turn the phone 'on'. It says no signal and every few seconds a screen flashes saying the phone is currently off, with a button to touch that says Phone On. But when I press it nothing happens and this screen only stays on the screen for about 2 seconds. Now, I went into the diag. menu with 1971 code and looked and everything. All systems are there and good to go, including the phone. Now, I did enable VEMS manually (not sure what it is but I know it has something to do with the phone) and all of a sudden the system started to pair with my phone and they recognized each other, so I know the bluetooth module is good as well. But, after paring, it still says no signal and after a couple seconds, my phone says 'connection to Jaguar Audio terminated', then in a few more seconds it wants to pair again, really confusing. So, basically, I know that all the modules are working (unless someone here knows something I don't!) but the phone will not turn on or I guess enable itself. Now, I haven't tried a battery disconnect yet, I just haven't had the time, but I will tomorrow. I know that solves almost every fault known! :lol: Anyway, anyone have any ideas or advice? It would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Talking

Well, anyone have some ideas? Not to rush all you knowledgable people though! Just kind of impatient as I know everything is working, it's just not 'working' .

Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 AM

Well, the battery disconnect didn't work. The phone is still not working. It keeps saying no service and flashes 'the phone currently turned off' message every 20 or 30 seconds. It seems that the car keeps trying to connect to my phone since it pops up messages on my phone saying 'Enter Numeric Passkey for Jaguar'. But when I put in the paring code, it does nothing, says waiting for jaguar, says failed and asks for the code again. It just keeps doing this over and over again. i am starting to wonder if my bluetooth module is bad or just outdated. It is software level AA, so it's the first attempt! Does anyone have any ideas before I start to look for a new module and give that a try?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I have the same as this. Did you ever find a solution?