S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help removing PCC vacuum hose - quick connector??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need help removing PCC vacuum hose - quick connector??

Hi,

Newbie question. I sort of got angry at my 2005 Jag S-type yesterday when trying to take the manifold off and ended up breaking the white piece of plastic attached to the black piece of plastic (how's that for tech-talk . I can't seem to get the PCC (I'm assuming it's the PCC) vacuum line off of it's quick connect. The connector is shown in the attached picture (circled in RED). Does anyone have a descent illustration of how this connector is supposed to work? I thought the white piece of plastic was supposed to come out to free the hose connector but when I pried it out using a screw driver, it just mangled and broke! Bummer, cause now I really need to get this hose off to replace it!!

HELP!

pcc vacuum line.

Last edited by zeropegleg; 10-05-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 10-06-2015, 12:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

I suspect you needed to squeeze that but see what others say.

The following users liked this post:
zeropegleg (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Question Solved! Correct answer - pinch it!

Thanks Jagv8 - You are correct!

I found a similar thread regarding this unit. It turns out it's the EVAP solenoid.

According to this (and a couple other threads I found) you simply push in on the white part of the coupling and it should release. However, I found mine was very tight. Probably just rather crusty since it was 10 years old and it wouldn't budge for me. Here's the thread which describes it much better than me on how to remove it.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...y-45876/page4/

The following users liked this post:
Norri (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Here's the post:

Originally Posted by nixx
UPDATE: The issue has been solved, I no longer have P0456 "very small evaporative emissions leak".

Firstly, I have to give major thanks to a local jaguarforums.com member mafioso for meeting up with me during a holiday week and helping me diagnose the problem with my car. I spent HUNDREDS of dollars with a local shop and they could not find the leak.. but mafioso was on the right track within minutes of opening my hood. Thank you Luigi.

Alrighty.. here is the issue.. I had a small crack in my Evaporative Emissions canister purge valve resonator.

The canister is poorly constructed and the edges seem to be easily cracked. Even my new canister looks a little shady on the edges. See the picture:

Jaguar does not sell this part by itself, but they do sell it with the evap purge valve along with a metal bracket. The Jag part # is XR830786. It cost me $99 at my local dealer.

This is basically what you receive (the pic is of my old broken one)

To remove and re-install this part is VERY easy. I can't believe the shop wanted to charge me several hours for this.

You simply un-clip the wire to the valve actuator, remove one hard-pipe vac line by pinching the release clips and pulling, and remove another vac line. Then,pull the unit off of the rubber bushings that suspend it in the air.. be careful to detach the last vac line which is a hard plastic clip pipe that is under the resonator. You're done.. now stick in the new one. (reverse the steps)

The 'kit' comes with a new metal mounting bracket.. but tha requires you to remove the bolts that hold your strut in place.. and I just didn't want to jack with that and have to re torque those down.. so I just removed the components and placed them onto my existing bracket. I used the new rubber bushings, though.

After the swap is done, reset your CEL.. go driving and make sure the light doesn't come back on. You can only "test" the evap system when there is between 1/4 and 3/4 of fuel on board.

I went to a flat piece of road.. accelerated briskly to 50 MPH.. held it for 2 min or so.. then let off the gas and let the car coast to a stop. I would idle for 4 minutes. After nearly 1 tank of gas and no CEL.. I knew it was fixed. I also went and got my car inspected today and the evap emissions test showed the car had done it's self check and it was PASS.