S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightmare with my S Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nightmare with my S Type

Did you buy it new? When did the original warranty expire? Have you contacted Jaguar? Are you sure that the mechanic didn't cause the failure somehow? I would get a second opinion about needing a new motor. If you bring it to a Jag. dealer it should only cost you 120.00 to have them diagnos the problem.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i wud blame the shop u paid a grand at to supposely fix the car, not kill it.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's stupid to say i'm going to sue jaguar. First off, they would beat you in any case cuz there a multi million dollar bussiness, billion if you include ford, and therefore have good enough lawyers to rape you in court.

You can't blame Jaguar unless you had the car serviced at and only at a Jaguar approved mechanic, especially a dealer, for the entire course of the cars life...and then you still wouldn't have a case because you'd have to prove in court that it was jaguar's fault and not you hurting the engine. When you buy a car, outside of the warranty, there is no garantee that it will last forever, which is why people buy warranties.

So, to answer you're question, you have no recourse against jaguar.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Car overheats...you run the engine at well over 200 degrees...the engine warps and internals bend and near break...overheating problem gets fixed...for some weird reason, internals don't go back to original position...engine blows. Someone explain to me how this is somehow someone elses fault other than the driver who doesn't notice that the car is overheating?

Old 07-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: allanioinc

Hi,

My 2003 Type started overheating. I replaced 3 parts with an outside mechanice for $1000
I drove 3 more days , then the car totally died.It doesn't even crank
I had someone look at the car and he thinks I need a new engine
I am wondering (if he is correct) ,do I have any recourse (suing Jaguar etc) ?

It could be that when your car overheated, you damaged/cracked the heads. If you damaged the heads a gasget and water pump will only work while driving short distances. This could be the result of a water pump gone bad or termal stat. A good mechanic should easily tell if you have water in your oil and or heads. Iwould get a secondopinion from some who knows what they are doing. If you are looking to replace the heads or a engine try the salvage yards. Here in Cali we have salvage yards that specialize on engines that come in from Japan. They have some crazy law that once your engine hits 40 or 60K, you need to get a new engine. $10,000 sounds way too much

As far as suing Jaguar, there is a reason why warrantyusually cover 3 years or 30,000 miles.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Well, I believe that Jag covers 5 years and 50K miles. As for the cheap and low mileage engines from the Japs, the usually import the smaller Inline 4 or 6 cylinder engines with turbos! Generally they bring the B18's, B20's or Type-R engines for honda's, or the SR20's, RB20/25/26's, CA18's, for the Nissans, but certainly no Jaguar engines!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

Car overheats...you run the engine at well over 200 degrees...the engine warps and internals bend and near break...overheating problem gets fixed...for some weird reason, internals don't go back to original position...engine blows. Someone explain to me how this is somehow someone elses fault other than the driver who doesn't notice that the car is overheating?
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person very annoyed by the original post big dream.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member

I wasn't really annoyed, I just felt that the fact that the only person to really blame was the driver of the overheating vehicle should be put to light!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM

93XJ6 is right. You will most certainly get raped in court. No doubt about it. The case will get thrown out faster than a used condom. If you were having over heating issues you should have just stopped driving the car. But it's too late for all that. At this point just get a second opinion about what's wrong with your car. Find a trust worthy shop in your area, and try to search for parts you may need online so you have a general idea about costs.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:10 PM

ill put an engine in your car for about $12,000.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:38 AM

Opps my bad I just noticed that you bought your Jaguar new. Take it back to the shop and give them hell.

It's kind of late, but you could have extended your warranty for up to 100K that would have saved you alot of headaches.

All automanufactures have their fair share of problems. Check out this wesite, sorry Audi's fans. http://www.myaudittsucks.com/audiemails.htm

Old 07-25-2007, 11:17 AM

It's tough to argue when you have an non dealer do work on you car even if they didn't do anything wrong to cause the problems.
I'm pretty sure that will be Jaguar's first defense.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Qbeing sucha b*tch about uit it man. No offense but some cars are just lemons, don't come onto a jaguar forum, where almost everybody on here loves there car, and try to tell us jaguar makes piece of **** cars.

This is your first car, so how do you know so you can't say that because your first car had something go wrong, that it's the worst car you've ever owned, cuz it's the only car you ever owned.
Don't waste your time writing to jaguar, they gunna throw that away so fast.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member

If the peolpe at the mechanic said the acr was all fixerd, and then it immediatly broke down, you should get that money refunded at least.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 AM

All I know is if I bought a car , any car, new and it took a dump after 50K I'd be pissed at sombody and I don't think anybody can really disagree!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 AM

We'll I do have a 93 Mustang 5.0 LX that I bought new and never a problem.

Quick Reply: Nightmare with my S Type