Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

post lurch

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default post lurch

hi all
any one know when the lurch was resolved on auto gearboxes and what models were then ok
regards
george

Old 04-28-2017, 05:49 AM

ps s type 2.5 auto

Old 04-28-2017, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

It's not certain it was ever, but seems very rare on later cars - which may be largely due to updated software. As many cars are not taken to dealers they won't have the software.

The cars can do it with old or low fluid and most have never had it changed so are due. Best start with known good fluid, properly filled (vital).

If still does it, make sure updated software.

The following users liked this post:
George Rance (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 07:23 AM

hi again which oil parts etc would you recommend been quotted 380 pounds for remap jeezo
regards
george

Old 04-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

See Stickies.

Remap with known faults? No way!

Old 04-28-2017, 08:01 AM

yea still in shock myself
g

Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,236 Likes on 1,765 Posts

You can check if the TCM has the latest software.
Suppose to help. My "Lurch" is almost gone but does depend somewhat on how I drive the car.

I leave it in "S" mode all the time but not sure if that helps or not?

Old 04-28-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
You can check if the TCM has the latest software.
Suppose to help. My "Lurch" is almost gone but does depend somewhat on how I drive the car.

I leave it in "S" mode all the time but not sure if that helps or not?
ill give that a go and see how it feels
regards
george

Old 04-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Driving style is the most influential factor I think. My 2003 has all the latest updates and if the transmission adaptations are at factory default, there is no noticeable lurch. If I subsequently drive sedately the lurch will return irrespective of the sport setting or not. Minimizing the lurch requires 'brisk' driving for several hundred KM.

I'm now in the habit of just 'driving around' the lurch through use of specific stopping and starting techniques. I make sure I gently roll to a stop while listening and waiting for the transmission shifting into 1st gear. I know that if it hasn't, any reapplication of the accelerator will induce a lurch, with the magnitude depending how hard I mash the pedal. If I just release the brake and let the car roll even a few feet after a complete stop, there will be no lurch.

SWMBO is used to transmissions that behave themselves without special treatment. It's always entertaining when she's at the wheel. Not her fault.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey
Driving style is the most influential factor I think. My 2003 has all the latest updates and if the transmission adaptations are at factory default, there is no noticeable lurch. If I subsequently drive sedately the lurch will return irrespective of the sport setting or not. Minimizing the lurch requires 'brisk' driving for several hundred KM.

I'm now in the habit of just 'driving around' the lurch through use of specific stopping and starting techniques. I make sure I gently roll to a stop while listening and waiting for the transmission shifting into 1st gear. I know that if it hasn't, any reapplication of the accelerator will induce a lurch, with the magnitude depending how hard I mash the pedal. If I just release the brake and let the car roll even a few feet after a complete stop, there will be no lurch.

SWMBO is used to transmissions that behave themselves without special treatment. It's always entertaining when she's at the wheel. Not her fault.

many thanks for your reply i must admit i drive more gently when coming to halt because of lurch trying to ease it to full stop i will give it a go being mre brisk with my breaking how long do u need to keep this up for
regards
g