S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temperature problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,242 Likes on 1,770 Posts

Be aware that there is more than one temperature sensor inside the S Type. I would start with the sensor behind the small grille above where the ignition key goes in. This is the interior temp sensor. Since the air flow is opposite for this one it builds up a layer of crud on the sensor because cabin air is sucked in thru the grille and over the sensor. Will be much worse if the car has been smoked in!!!!

The other 3 temperature sensors are identical but are mounted to the plenum system and only have clean filtered air blown over them as the air exits the dash vents. I changed one of the evaporator sensors and it did not help. The sensor above the key was replaced but I think it could have been cleaned. It had a visible layer of dirt on it. That fixed the problem. The sensors are only about $20 each in the US. Also this is the same part as the Lincoln LS. So you can order this at any Ford dealer. Sensor behind grille above key Ford Part # XW4Z-19C734-AA.
Evaporator sensor part # XW4Z-19C734-BA

See the pictures below. This is the evaporator sensor NOT the sensor above the ignition key. The little bulb part is what gets covered in dirt.

Attached Thumbnails  Temperature problem-2003-s-type-r-inside-temperature-sensor.jpg    Temperature problem-2003-s-type-r-inside-temperature-sensor-plug.jpg  

Last edited by clubairth1; 06-19-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Part number error!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the info folks. I check these things and report back.

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Also this is the same part as the Lincoln LS. So you can order this at any Ford dealer. Sensor behind grille above key Ford Part # XW4Z-19C734-AA.
Evaporator sensor part # XW4Z-19C734-BA

See the pictures below. This is the evaporator sensor NOT the sensor above the ignition key. The little bulb part is what gets covered in dirt.
I can tell you without a doubt that 'XW4Z-19C734-AA' will not fit the S-Type. The ford part has only two connections because it only measures temperature. The Jag has four connections because it also measures humidity. Tried to repalce it last night - when I disconnected it and ran the A/C the only differance I noted was the fan speed was on low. Reconnected and fan speed back to normal. The other ford part went it without any trouble, but did'nt resolve issue.

Also might mention - even with the system on vent only, still get HOT air from drivers vents.

Thanks again guys,

Last edited by SHOboat; 06-20-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

Great info SHOboat. I am another X-SHO owner too!! Drove one for almost 12 years!!

I did not know that the sensor also measures humidity?? Any chance you can post the correct part number or a picture?? This seems to be one of the more common problems with the S Type. The DCCV is the main culprit but other sensors and electrical things can be part of it too.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbird6
Great info SHOboat. I am another X-SHO owner too!! Drove one for almost 12 years!!

I did not know that the sensor also measures humidity?? Any chance you can post the correct part number or a picture?? This seems to be one of the more common problems with the S Type. The DCCV is the main culprit but other sensors and electrical things can be part of it too.
So far no luck finding a non-Jag part number and I don't live near a dealer so I'll have to order one.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

shoboat, call Nalley Jaguar (they're a forum sponsor), ask for Dan in parts, and tell him you're a jaguarforums member, he provides a 15% discount for us, and anything over $25 ships free. His parts are often 10-20% less than I can find online, and I hunt, trust me.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try to change the evaporator sensor and report if the problem is still there

thank for your suggestions

Old 06-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Default Air chaud avec climatisation temperature problem

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Tu est a Laval? Je suis a Quebec. Si vous voulez de l'aide, je connais du monde a Montreal....
Ok indique moi à Montréal qui connait bien ce type de problème pour le résoudre , j'ai hate d'avoir de l'air frais du coté conducteur.

Merci

Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by Pedrolaval
Ok indique moi à Montréal qui connait bien ce type de problème pour le résoudre , j'ai hate d'avoir de l'air frais du coté conducteur.

Merci
Try a Jaguar dealer and make it clear that they'll get paid only when it's fixed. Please read my comments about Decarie Motors above. Try Scotti or Jaguar Laval.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 PM

Last month i report this problem to Jaguar Land Rover Laval i have an apointment and they work on my car two days after my apointment

(reply in this forum 05-30-2010 : Now i have hot air in the left vent on the driver side and cold air in center and the rith side, i went to the dealer last week and they said me , they have to take off the dashboard (10-12 hours labor) to find what is the problem ?? and i pay 300$ just for that.)

They dont no how to repair this problem , they change a relay of 8.95$ an said to close the vent of the driver side to dont have hot air !!!, now i have hot air on left side near the window and also on the right side near the window. In the center vent, left side is mid air and center right cold air !

May be i will try John Scotti in Montreal ?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its possibly the ac control module very common failure

Old 07-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Now it's repair, the problem was the AC Control Module failure, this piece order to close the trap of the DCCV on both side left and right side, the problem is only one side receitp the command to close the right side.

My mecano cancel the dual climate control and now i have a standard climate , the passenger side could change the temperature but it's not in fuction, he fix the two electrical cables to one side only (the side who accept the command of the AC control Module), and everythig is Ok .

I have cold air in the four air dispaly in the car ,

WOW very good now.