Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Blade Refill Guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,276 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Zane,

Glad it worked out for you. The difficulty in finding proper-fitting blade refills for our two Jaguars has forced me to become far more knowledgeable about the subject than the counter folks at the parts stores. For the past couple of years, NAPA has come through for me and they're still rather cheap....

Sure wish PIAA made a blade refill for our drivers side. Last time I checked with them, the 24-inch refills only come with an 8mm width. They had no plans to offer one with a 6mm width. Perhaps I'll check with them again. As you know from your passenger side, they make the best blade refills in the industry....

Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could somebody post a link for new blades (not refills) for my 06 S-type 3.0? I tried just the inserts and that didn't fix the problem of the passenger side wiper not making full contact with the windshield. I think the blade itself has lost the tension it needs to function correctly. They need nozzles to hook spray hose into. Thank you.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Before you give up on your existing wipers, remove the blade assembly from the arm. Clean and lubricate all pivot points within the blade assembly. Check for improperly bent sections and if you find one, restore it to the proper shape. Then re-install your inserts, re-attach the blades to the arms, and test to see if you solved your tension problem....

The following 2 users liked this post by Jon89:
ChiefsFan (03-04-2013), Jumpin' Jag Flash (11-03-2015)
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jon89
Before you give up on your existing wipers, remove the blade assembly from the arm. Clean and lubricate all pivot points within the blade assembly. Check for improperly bent sections and if you find one, restore it to the proper shape. Then re-install your inserts, re-attach the blades to the arms, and test to see if you solved your tension problem....
I will most certainly do that and thanks for the reply. If that doesn't work I will have to get new blades which I can't seem to locate. If THAT doesn't work, I don't want to think about what an arm assembly would cost. The arm itself doesn't look bent to the naked eye however...

Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

Besides reading this thread do some searches on here and you will find reference to some alternative complete blades that do incorporate the nozzles. I think they come from the UK though. That may have changes.

I've done the refills twice now. I do take the blades off first.

The following users liked this post:
ChiefsFan (03-04-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 PM

I ordered the anco's from RockAuto as suggested. After a closer look, apparently the previous owner put Rainex blades on the car.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Received 181 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan
I ordered the anco's from RockAuto as suggested. After a closer look, apparently the previous owner put Rainex blades on the car.
That's exactly the same thing that happened when I got my STR from eBay. Previous owner fitted Rainex wipers just before shipping, and passenger-side blades did not make full contact with the windscreen. Took car to dealer, who had a rough time getting off the wiper arms, especially the passenger side.

Never thought I would hear of such a thing again, until I saw your post!

Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Besides reading this thread do some searches on here and you will find reference to some alternative complete blades that do incorporate the nozzles. I think they come from the UK though. That may have changes.

I've done the refills twice now. I do take the blades off first.
Here is a link for a supplier in the UK that will ship the "solid blade" with nozzles. Despite the listing saying it is for the XJ, it is the proper 24" driver and 19" passenger.

JAGUAR XJ SERIES FLAT WIPER BLADES + WASHER JETS.2003on | eBay

A helpful note. The original OEM standard metal blades were made by Trico for the Jaguar. I did find standard metal blades at the auto parts store that fit the plastic nozzle clip. I just never liked the metal frame blades...

Old 03-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Here is a link for a supplier in the UK that will ship the "solid blade" with nozzles. Despite the listing saying it is for the XJ, it is the proper 24" driver and 19" passenger.

JAGUAR XJ SERIES FLAT WIPER BLADES + WASHER JETS.2003on | eBay

A helpful note. The original OEM standard metal blades were made by Trico for the Jaguar. I did find standard metal blades at the auto parts store that fit the plastic nozzle clip. I just never liked the metal frame blades...
Yes - the Trico blades fit on my 06 perfect and the nozzle clips right on. Got from Rock Auto. Thanks to this forum, another headache has been cured! (I mistakingly said Anco earlier.)

Last edited by ChiefsFan; 03-10-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would you guys recommend for a Jaguar stype 2003? Don't have the water nozzle in the blade, I've been looking on Amazon at the rainx ones - should I grab and install those or just look for a "refill"? Mine are very streaky.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by wiperblades2013
What would you guys recommend for a Jaguar stype 2003? Don't have the water nozzle in the blade, I've been looking on Amazon at the rainx ones - should I grab and install those or just look for a "refill"? Mine are very streaky.
This thread is about 05 and up cars.. yours is different.. see your thread..

Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Yes - the Trico blades fit on my 06 perfect and the nozzle clips right on. Got from Rock Auto. Thanks to this forum, another headache has been cured! (I mistakingly said Anco earlier.)
I know that this is about a month after your post, but can you link to the ones you purchased, or provide a picture? I can't tell from the pictures on RockAuto if these have a spot to clip the nozzles.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Klexicon
I know that this is about a month after your post, but can you link to the ones you purchased, or provide a picture? I can't tell from the pictures on RockAuto if these have a spot to clip the nozzles.
The nozzle is part of the plastic clip in the blade that the hook on the end of the arm attaches to. It is not a separate clip. The Trico's frame is just the right size to allow you to reuse the clip. Other brands aren't, so the plastic clip doesn't fit correctly.

Klexicon (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
The nozzle is part of the plastic clip in the blade that the hook on the end of the arm attaches to. It is not a separate clip. The Trico's frame is just the right size to allow you to reuse the clip. Other brands aren't, so the plastic clip doesn't fit correctly.
Oh okay. That makes much more sense than what I was thinking before.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Default Ordered Trico this time

NAPA doesn't carry these any longer so I ordered the trico from Rockauto.

I got 4 sets and CHEAP! under $26!

Part Number Part Type Price EA Core EA Quantity Total

TRICO 45245 (45-245) 24" Blade Refill $ 2.75 $ 0.00 4 $ 11.00
TRICO 45190 (45-190) 19" Blade Refill $ 2.58 $ 0.00 4 $ 10.32
Discount $ -1.07
Shipping Priority Mail $ 5.60
Order Total $ 25.85
MasterCard -$ 25.85
Balance Due $ 0.00

Old 04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

The arms themselves are fairly reasonable from Jaguar.

This is the only car I have had that has done this but so far I have had it happen twice! The wiper motor is so powerful that if the wiper arm is restricted the center hole of the wiper arm will get ground out and the arm will stop moving.

The wiper arm is Aluminum and the center post is steel with ridges on it. The real interesting part is the wiper arm hole is smooth inside when new and when you bolt it down the splines from the shaft cut grooves into the wiper arm.

Jumpin' Jag Flash (11-03-2015)
Old 04-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

Wipers put on with heavy snow & ice freezing them to the car?

Originally Posted by tbird6
The arms themselves are fairly reasonable from Jaguar.

This is the only car I have had that has done this but so far I have had it happen twice! The wiper motor is so powerful that if the wiper arm is restricted the center hole of the wiper arm will get ground out and the arm will stop moving.

The wiper arm is Aluminum and the center post is steel with ridges on it. The real interesting part is the wiper arm hole is smooth inside when new and when you bolt it down the splines from the shaft cut grooves into the wiper arm.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:31 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

Just wondering if anyone has found a good source for replacement wipers?

Mine are a couple of years old and will need replacing soon. Should I get the whole wiper blade from Jaguar or is there a better solution these days?

Thanks
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
'08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 hp / 259.67 torque)

Old 06-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

Far more economical to get the wiper blade refills, but they are getting harder to find....

The last couple of sets I purchased (in December 2014) came from my local NAPA store. My 2005 S-Type 3.0 takes a 24-inch drivers refill with a 6mm claw width (NAPA part no. 60-2498) and a 19-inch passengers refill with a 6mm claw width (NAPA part no. 60-1998). They rarely have them in stock but can get them by the next business day. I paid about $12 per set with my AAA discount....

My local Carquest store also still carried refills the last time I checked (earlier this year). My car takes part no. 455245 for the drivers refill and part no. 455190 for the passengers refill. Prices were about the same as NAPA....

I'm guessing you can still order them from rockauto.com as well....

Check these sources and let us know what you find....

Last edited by Jon89; 06-01-2015 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

There is another thread in which a forum member recommended the following blades which I got from Amazon:

Trico 16-190 NeoForm Wiper 19"

and

Trico 16-240 NeoForm Wiper 24"

The online part selector on Amazon will say that they do not fit, but they fit perfectly to that wiper/washer jet adapter on our S-type's. The blades last pretty long as well; had them for almost 2 years now.

I am sure they are available in the local auto stores too.

Quick Reply: Wiper Blade Refill Guide