Dealer problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer problem

Hi, I am fairly sure the car has software problems but the dealer I got it from does not seem too interested in helping, a previous experience with their work shop showed that some of their staff were incompetent and they do not seem to have anyone that can answer questions about the car so I don't want to have anything more to do with them.

Is it OK if I approach another dealer for help?

I have tried asking Jaguar customer service about this but they do not seem inclined to give a direct response.

2018 E-Pace SE P250

Old 06-07-2018, 05:32 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Welcome to the forum wotsit4,

Is this a software fault on your new vehicle or a problem with setting up/using it?

The complaint procedure where a customer is dissatisfied with service or handling of problems at a dealership should be to speak directly to the Dealer Principal and give them the opportuinity to investigate. If this does not result in a satisfactory resolution then Jaguar Customer Services should be contacted.

You are not obliged to use the selling dealership for subsequent service or warranty although there are sometimes 'extras' in the deal that are not transferable.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 06-07-2018, 06:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a bit of everything, think there may be a couple of minor mechanical issues (but could be software, gear changes and motor hesitation), one definite software problem and could be a few others or it might just be me as I find the handbook to be pretty terrible but the dealer doesn't even seem to have anyone on staff that can answer questions on the car.
Tried about everyone in management at the dealers but they all just go into some sort of defensive mode, backing each other up and never answer questions directly. Also tried their parent company but not got anywhere with them.
They all just want to talk about everything and never come up with any proposals for actually fixing anything, they claimed they were going to do all sorts at first and I spent several hours there one day but during that time they didn't seem to do anything, I sat in the car for ages with one guy while he screwed up all my software settings and proved he hadn't a clue what he was doing, I am self-employed and don't appreciate wasting time like that, this has been going on for several weeks so I have got fed-up with the lot of them and just want to get my car sorted somewhere.
The back number plate appeared to be falling off the car when I got it and they managed to damage the paintwork in trying to fix it (it is still leaning to one side) and no one has even apologised for that or offered to do anything about it and they all just clam-up when I bring that into a conversation.
I have tired Jaguar customer service but they are no help at all, won't give a direct answer to my question about going to another dealer and just keep saying I should go back to the original one.
Owning a Jaguar has been quite disappointing so far!

Old 06-07-2018, 07:24 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by wotsit4
..... one definite software problem and could be a few others or it might just be me as I find the handbook to be pretty terrible but the dealer doesn't even seem to have anyone on staff that can answer questions on the car. .....
I agree that current Jaguar handbooks are dreadful. They used to be model specific and well written but now huge swathes are generic 'cut & paste' sections covering numerous models. They have degenerated into documents that are only understandable by those with a detailed knowledge of the vehicle who then don't need them anyway.

The problem with anything beyond booking a service is often not being able to talk directly to the technical staff who (should) have the necessary training and knowledge to understand and resolve issues.

This is clearly already very frustrating for you and likely to become controversial. Visits and phone calls are now inappropriate and the complaints need to be in writing to the dealership and copied to Jaguar CS.

Graham

Old 09-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wotsit4
It's a bit of everything, think there may be a couple of minor mechanical issues (but could be software, gear changes and motor hesitation), one definite software problem and could be a few others or it might just be me as I find the handbook to be pretty terrible but the dealer doesn't even seem to have anyone on staff that can answer questions on the car.
Tried about everyone in management at the dealers but they all just go into some sort of defensive mode, backing each other up and never answer questions directly. Also tried their parent company but not got anywhere with them.
They all just want to talk about everything and never come up with any proposals for actually fixing anything, they claimed they were going to do all sorts at first and I spent several hours there one day but during that time they didn't seem to do anything, I sat in the car for ages with one guy while he screwed up all my software settings and proved he hadn't a clue what he was doing, I am self-employed and don't appreciate wasting time like that, this has been going on for several weeks so I have got fed-up with the lot of them and just want to get my car sorted somewhere.
The back number plate appeared to be falling off the car when I got it and they managed to damage the paintwork in trying to fix it (it is still leaning to one side) and no one has even apologised for that or offered to do anything about it and they all just clam-up when I bring that into a conversation.
I have tired Jaguar customer service but they are no help at all, won't give a direct answer to my question about going to another dealer and just keep saying I should go back to the original one.
Owning a Jaguar has been quite disappointing so far!
I have a E-Pace 2018 since April 2018 this year too, however this is only because I had it swapped from an XE which had too many software issues. Like you, I have had similar experience - software issues where I don't believe that the dealer knows anything about it, not really fixing it etc. There are now some software issues with the E-Pace that I have noticed, however because they are "intermittent", before even looking at it they stated they might not be able to do much about it - and even after looking at it they couldn't replicate or fix the issues (even though it has occurred a few times at least). As an IT Programmer, I know that they could do something about it, but also know from experience that Jaguar's software programming is poor, and so is their software support.

Anyway, I took my car to another dealer and they were happy to look at it, and whilst they weren't much better with regards to fixing the software issues, it does show you can go to other dealers. I have also had contact with Jaguar Customer Service, and I didn't find them much more helpful either.