Lazy XF

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lazy XF

Hi All,
Can any one help?
I recently purchased a 2012 2.2 diesel XF from my local Guy Salmon dealership.
Unfortunately I find the XF confused as to which gear I should be in when actually moving, either approaching a give way or roundabout. As I decelerate on approach, look right and find I can progress, I then attempt to accelerate but find a 2 -3 second delay with the car finding the appropriate gear. By this time of course the traffic is descending rapidly and I apply more pressure to the accelerater and the car now drops down a gear or two and the car races off and on two occasions on wet surfaces the back end has twitched out! Not the smooth drive at all that I expected from a Jaguar. The same thing happens when motorway driving, I descelerate when approaching vehicles in front and when I apply pressure to the accelerator the car often stays in the same gear and sluggishly carries on till I reach an appropriate speed for this gear, or I apply a little more pressure to keep up with the traffic and the car drops a few gears again and I speed off up the back of the car in front.
Been back to Guy Salmon twice and XF in at this moment for the 3rd time, apparently 'NO FAULTS FOUND, IT SHOULD BE OKAY'. Well it definately isnt!
This surely should not be happening with any car let alone a Jaguar. Does anybody have an answer please?

Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Br999ky

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the concern that you are experiencing with your vehicle, please accept my apologies on behalf of Jaguar for any inconvenience or frustration that may have been caused.

I note that you have raised this concern with your retailer and would be happy to speak with them to confirm their findings and see how we can assist you.

Should you wish for me to contact the Guy Salmon retailer in question, I would be grateful if you are able to provide me with the following information via PM;

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant repairing Jaguar retailer

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Ryan

Old 08-17-2015, 11:30 AM

Thanks Ryan for your reply, but i'm unsure as to how you can help me by speaking to my local Guy Salmon dealer.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:22 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Originally Posted by Br999ky
Thanks Ryan for your reply, but i'm unsure as to how you can help me by speaking to my local Guy Salmon dealer.
Welcome to the forum Br999ky,

Intervention by Jaguar Customer Relations has a history of raising the profile of customer issues with their franchised dealers. However, the choice is entirely yours as to whether to accept Ryan's offer of help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 08-19-2015, 03:43 AM

Hi Ryan,

Many thanks for the offer to help. Here are the details you requested;
My name is
Steve ******
0789*******
steve@*********.co.uk
S999 ***
S*****
Guy Salmon Stockport

Since my last post and after taking a mechanic on a test drive in my car, I have received my XF back from Guy Salmon with the comment 'We can't do any more'. They advised me that all 2.2 XFs have this delay when changing gear. If this is the case how has this model won numerous awards over the years?
Guy Salmon suggest the answer is to purchase a 3.0ltr XF because they don't have this problem. So I test drove a 3.0ltr they had for sale (which I did really like) and we discussed terms of sale. I was supprised to hear my car had depreciated by £6000 in 6 months and to buy the 3.0ltr would cost me another £5000, which of course I do not have after spending £20,000 on the XF six months ago.
Basically I have a car costing £20,000 I believe to be dangerous when attempting to change gear which cannot be fixed.
How does this happen when you purchase from a normally very reputable make of vehicle. I have had a X type and S type befor this model, with no problems!
Many thanks

Last edited by GGG; 08-19-2015 at 05:40 AM. Reason: remove personal contact details
Old 08-19-2015, 05:42 AM
GGG
Received 16,766 Likes on 12,154 Posts

Steve,

I've removed your personal details and forwarded them to Ryan at Jaguar CRC.

Graham

Old 08-20-2015, 03:31 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi All,

GGG - Thank you for passing on the additional details.

Steve - I have sent you a private message, please see your inbox.

Many thanks,
Ryan