UK Jaguar CRC

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts
Default UK Jaguar CRC

Hi Everyone,

I知 Nicola from the UK Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre.

By joining the forum I知 hoping to help resolve any concerns you may be experiencing or provide assistance where possible. As I知 based in the UK I知 unable to assist with any non UK enquiries, however I知 happy to pass them to the relevant contacts where possible.

I知 looking forward to getting to know everyone in the community, so if you have any questions please don稚 hesitate to contact me directly.

Many Thanks,
Nicola

Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  19.3 KB

Great to see you here Nicola, I'm sure everyone will make you feel right at home.

Can you give us a rough idea of what you can assist with?
Mainly customer relations issues?

Hope to hear

Thanks

Old 10-04-2012, 10:42 AM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm based in Customer Relations so if there are any vehicle related questions or any customers that require assistance I'll be happy to get involved.

Also if there is any information you require if I am unable to assist I will try and point you in the right direction.

Many Thanks,
Nicola

The following 2 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
Norri (10-04-2012), Sean B (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Hello Nicola,

One question that keeps coming up from time to time on the forum is production numbers by colour and trim. Members have a particular combination and ask how many others there are the same.

We can usually find annual production numbers from a number of excellent marque books and the colour and trim options available in particular Model Years can be determined from Jaguar brochures. Unfortunately it always ends there!

Do Jaguar have that level of detail on colour and trim?

Graham

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-04-2012)
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi Graham,

Thank you for your message.

There is some information that I am able to assist with, for example model year clarification from a specific VIN number.

I can request information regarding volume of vehicles sold however I'm not sure if this is something that I will be able to provide.

Is there specific information that you are looking for regarding your vehicle?

Kind Regards,
Nicola

Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
GGG
Received 16,761 Likes on 12,150 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicola_Jaguar
Hi Graham,

There is some information that I am able to assist with, for example model year clarification from a specific VIN number.

I can request information regarding volume of vehicles sold however I'm not sure if this is something that I will be able to provide.

Is there specific information that you are looking for regarding your vehicle?

Kind Regards,
Nicola
Hello Nicola,

Fortunately I have all the information for my own vehicle as the staff at my local dealer (Stratstone in Houghton-le-Spring) are always very helpful and obliging.

It was a breakdown of annual production numbers by colour and trim that is a regular question in the forum.

Graham

Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Hi Nicola, and a very warm welcome from me over in Brittany.

It will be good to have someone from Jaguar on the site, especially in your field.

Hope that you enjoy the site.

I think that you will find us to be quite a friendly bunch.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,423 Likes on 1,936 Posts

I must say it is very gratifying to have somebody from Jaguar Cars join our forum to assist with concerns owners may have. Please stay !!

Speaking for myself, I have not had any issues with dealers at all, having used Royles of Wilmslow several times, but I think one issue of concern with many owners has been, (and to some extent still is), the cost of certain parts, not all, I hasten to add. Now of course most people who post on this forum realise they are running a car that was costly when new, so parts are not expected to be cheap, however some parts seem to cost far more than even a brief consideration would indicate to be a reasonable price.

Chief among these are the suspension parts, which also seem to have a very short life. My expression for wear of these parts is "unfair wear and tear" because the component, (actually the bushes in the part), whilst one would expect it to need replacement at some point in the car's life, wear out very quickly but a replacement costs a Kings Ransom !! Yet these parts are not made in penny packets by old craftsmen in wooden huts in the heart of the Black Forest, but in their thousands, and are fitted across the Jaguar range, and also in certain Ford cars in the US. Yet the price demanded is exceptionally high for something that wears out so quickly.

In my opinion, the short life of these components needs serious investigation, and the selling price to owners needs examining to assess whether Jaguar is really serving itself to best advantage by maintaining such high prices. Whether your engineers or managers want to respond is entirely down to them, but that is a message from the customer base, so I hope it is accepted in the spirit in which it has been submitted.

We all really love our Jaguars here on this forum !!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi Nicola can you help me with the code for my radio, I just got the car and the radio code card is not included. its Xtype 2.0L auto saloon, also the engine light stays on and the cigarette lighter dont charge the satnav. though the seller told me "its been plugged in and no fault found" what can you help me with pls

Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
I must say it is very gratifying to have somebody from Jaguar Cars join our forum to assist with concerns owners may have. Please stay !!

Speaking for myself, I have not had any issues with dealers at all, having used Royles of Wilmslow several times, but I think one issue of concern with many owners has been, (and to some extent still is), the cost of certain parts, not all, I hasten to add. Now of course most people who post on this forum realise they are running a car that was costly when new, so parts are not expected to be cheap, however some parts seem to cost far more than even a brief consideration would indicate to be a reasonable price.

Chief among these are the suspension parts, which also seem to have a very short life. My expression for wear of these parts is "unfair wear and tear" because the component, (actually the bushes in the part), whilst one would expect it to need replacement at some point in the car's life, wear out very quickly but a replacement costs a Kings Ransom !! Yet these parts are not made in penny packets by old craftsmen in wooden huts in the heart of the Black Forest, but in their thousands, and are fitted across the Jaguar range, and also in certain Ford cars in the US. Yet the price demanded is exceptionally high for something that wears out so quickly.

In my opinion, the short life of these components needs serious investigation, and the selling price to owners needs examining to assess whether Jaguar is really serving itself to best advantage by maintaining such high prices. Whether your engineers or managers want to respond is entirely down to them, but that is a message from the customer base, so I hope it is accepted in the spirit in which it has been submitted.

We all really love our Jaguars here on this forum !!
Hi Fraser,

Thank you for your welcome to the forum and your feedback. I will ensure that this is passed to the relevant department.

I'm glad to hear that you love your Jaguars and I look forward to hearing more about them.

Kind Regards,
Nicola

Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by raymondric
hi Nicola can you help me with the code for my radio, I just got the car and the radio code card is not included. its Xtype 2.0L auto saloon, also the engine light stays on and the cigarette lighter dont charge the satnav. though the seller told me "its been plugged in and no fault found" what can you help me with pls
Hi Raymondric,

Unfortunately I can't provide your radio code as we don't store them on a central database, however please contact your local Jaguar dealership they will be able to advise you of this.

As I'm sure you can imagine it's not possible to diagnose what is causing your engine light or concern with the cigarette lighter without looking at the vehicle. I would recommend that you arrange a booking for this to be investigated.

If you require any further information please don稚 hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Nicola

Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Nicola for your response, I have collected the code though is not working yet as the radio is said to be locked due to previous number of wrong trials with wrong code. I was advices to run the engine for 3hrs to reset it so am saving that for my next long trip in few days. As for the diagnosis, the dealer charge 」84 for that so unless I get another option I m going to have to book it in for that once am free as it can't be done imidiately.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by raymondric
Thank you Nicola for your response, I have collected the code though is not working yet as the radio is said to be locked due to previous number of wrong trials with wrong code. I was advices to run the engine for 3hrs to reset it so am saving that for my next long trip in few days. As for the diagnosis, the dealer charge 」84 for that so unless I get another option I m going to have to book it in for that once am free as it can't be done imidiately.
Hi Raymondric,

If you decide to book your vehicle in and would like me to liaise with the dealership please let me know and I'll be happy to do so.

Kind Regards,
Nicola

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-11-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicola_Jaguar
Hi Everyone,

I知 Nicola from the UK Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre.

By joining the forum I知 hoping to help resolve any concerns you may be experiencing or provide assistance where possible. As I知 based in the UK I知 unable to assist with any non UK enquiries, however I知 happy to pass them to the relevant contacts where possible.

I知 looking forward to getting to know everyone in the community, so if you have any questions please don稚 hesitate to contact me directly.

Many Thanks,
Nicola
Hi Nicola,
ive tried toget the radio code for my car with no success,dealer told me we dont go back that far,its a 1995 xj6 M796ROS SERIEL SAJJFALG3BJ73355 HOPE YOU CAN HELP.

THANK YOU
JIM

Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by ballyheen
Hi Nicola,
ive tried toget the radio code for my car with no success,dealer told me we dont go back that far,its a 1995 xj6 M796ROS SERIEL SAJJFALG3BJ73355 HOPE YOU CAN HELP.

THANK YOU
JIM
Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you please check your inbox; I have sent you a PM requesting further information.

Thanks,
Nicola

The following 2 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
ballyheen (10-25-2012), JimC64 (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome to the forum Nicola. I think it's an excellent (if brave!) undertaking that JLR has made to openly place a representative on an internet forum.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Thanks GilesGuthrie!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  19.3 KB

Originally Posted by GilesGuthrie
Welcome to the forum Nicola. I think it's an excellent (if brave!) undertaking that JLR has made to openly place a representative on an internet forum.
+1 Giles and we're happy to have her here with us

Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
Hello Nicola,

One question that keeps coming up from time to time on the forum is production numbers by colour and trim. Members have a particular combination and ask how many others there are the same.

We can usually find annual production numbers from a number of excellent marque books and the colour and trim options available in particular Model Years can be determined from Jaguar brochures. Unfortunately it always ends there!

Do Jaguar have that level of detail on colour and trim?

Graham
I'd second that. I have a 1995 3.2 Sovereign LWB (one of 88 made that year) and I've love to break down that figure further by LHD / RHD and ideally then by colour.

It's a SAJJHAMG3BJxxxxxx in Morocco Red if you can get a minute on the mainframe when no one's looking

Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi the photo of your car looks very nice,is it a 95or 96 im just curious because i have just bought one and its a 1995 same colour

Quick Reply: UK Jaguar CRC