UK Jaguar CRC

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 AM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Originally Posted by ballyheen
Hi the photo of your car looks very nice,is it a 95or 96 im just curious because i have just bought one and its a 1995 same colour
Jim,

Did you mean mine?

If so, it's Frost Blue. One of the four unique colours offered on the Final Series XK8/XKR in 2005.

Graham

Old 11-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty claim refused

Hi Nicola
I have just joined the forum today as I have a problem which I was hoping someone could help me with. The post is as follows
Can anyone help me. My jaguar registered in October 2006 has rust on the driver side door.
I bought this car from my local dealer, Marshalls, having been a customer of this company for over 6 years. Since purchasing, all work has been carried out by this company including all services. I recently took it in with a problem and was told I needed new tyres so took it to a local tyre company who noticed bubbling on the door. This had not been picked up by Marshalls.
When I pointed it out to the dealership they had a recognised body repair agent look at it and I was told it was not a warranty claim - there was a muttering about a chip from a stone . I took the car to an independent body repair shop and was told that no evidence of a chip could be seen. I told the dealership this and asked them to put in a claim to Jaguar which they duly did.
The claim was refused.
I have asked for a copy of the report made by their body repair agent and a copy of the claim but was told that there was only a reply from Jaguar available which was "from the evidence you have provided no manufactures defect can be identified” and that is all!
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I should do or any stories about similar problems which may help my cause?

.................................................. ..........A member has suggested I contact you.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,489 Likes on 3,906 Posts

Nicola - Please assist the police regarding NMJAGS / usedjags and their various staff. Rather more details on JaguarForum.co.uk - The World's # 1 Jaguar Car Forum such as the S-Type section.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

What section are you referring to? The Police have a set process for gaining any information they need from us.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hello there, new member, major problem, extremely let down and upset! Please read!!

CRANK FAILURE

JAGUAR 2.7, registered plate 2008 diesel bought by myself two years ago

Car purchased from Hartwells Jaguar in Bristol, 2 years ago with a promise that I would enjoy the car until I am ready to move on! 6000 miles into my purchase and not to add thousands already spent on the car due to a multiple of problem regularly occurring...the ENGINE FAILED!!!

Obviously with huge amounts of upset, disappointment and sheer frustration now with the car and the criminals that sold me it.... I am now forced to spend even more money on the car!!!

Obviously returning to Hartwells for both advice on the car that they sold me and the promises in mind that I was guaranteed to only be......LET DOWN!!!

A phone call later with the workshop manager (prior to my car arriving on a flat bed lorry delivered to Hartwells Jaguar in Bristol) stating that they could NOT do anything for me, that it isn't there responsibility anymore to provide a service that they promised as my warranty of 12 months had just expired! As expected this raised a few eye brows with myself and I immediately felt let down and to be completely honest taken for!

A few phones calls later with Hartwells and they finally got back to me in regards to my practically new but broken car! But and this is a big but they finally got back to me stating that they could help me out with my car that they sold me by fitting a new engine! An engine that they would want to fit not for free but for a whopping £7000 give or take a few hundred!!!!

As you can see I have clearly been very unlucky both with the car and the people that sold me it (Hartwells Jaguar)

URGENTLY LOOKING FOR ADVICE AND ANY INFORMATION That MIGHT HELP MY CASE!!!!!

Thanks everyone for reading

Tony

Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Tony, you may want to send a pm to Mike on this?

Hope you manage to get some resolution on this issue asap

If anyone can offer good sound advice and help, I'm sure that Mike's the man who can.

Good luck

Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 AM

Hello Tony,

Firstly let me start by apologising for your experience to date.

I would like to look into this further for you. Please could you private message me the following information so that I can investigate this in more detail:
Full Name
Email
Reg
VIN

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mike

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

9 mins to the start of some Jaguar assistance.............kudos to you Mike

Old 11-15-2013, 04:38 AM
Default Any Questions

Morning All,

Hope everyone is well?

I just wanted to see if anyone had any issues/questions/general enquires they wanted my help with. I am off from the 19th until the 25th so wanted to make sure I had everything answered in time before I went away.

As always any questions just let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM

Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay

Just a reminder to let everyone know I am out of the office now until Monday 25th November. I will respond to all messages upon my return.

If you have any urgent enquires then please call 08453032303.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 07-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Default Out Of Office

Hi All,

Hope everyone is okay

Just to let everyone know from 15:00 today I am out of the office until Monday 21st July. For non-urgent enquires please just send me a PM and I will get back to you on my return or alternatively please call into the Customer Relationship Centre on the numbers below:

Land Rover – 08705000500

Jaguar – 08453032303

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 09-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Default CRC Update

Hi All,

I hope everyone is well?

I just wanted to let people know that I have now moved to a different area of the business so I will no longer be monitoring this forum. A colleague of mine, Pete will be doing that instead.

I have updated Pete with anything that I have on going so he can pick this up moving forward.

I am still within the business so should any old issues reoccur Pete can just contact me (I sit about 2 desks away from him).

I would just like to thank you all for your support on the forums and wish you all the best for the future.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 09-05-2014, 04:10 AM
GGG
Received 16,825 Likes on 12,179 Posts

Mike,

Thank you for the help and advice you have provided to members both in the UK and the USA during your time on the forum. Best wishes to you for your new role.

Welcome to Pete.

Graham

Old 09-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well?

I just wanted to let people know that I have now moved to a different area of the business so I will no longer be monitoring this forum. A colleague of mine, Pete will be doing that instead.

I have updated Pete with anything that I have on going so he can pick this up moving forward.

I am still within the business so should any old issues reoccur Pete can just contact me (I sit about 2 desks away from him).

I would just like to thank you all for your support on the forums and wish you all the best for the future.

Many Thanks

Mike
Mike,
I'd just like to express my gratitude on behalf of all members here for your participation and assistance during your role, here on Jaguarforums.

I wish you the best of luck in your new role Mike and look forward to welcoming Pete onboard shortly.

Thanks

Jim

Old 09-05-2014, 04:26 AM

Hi All,

Mike is currently off enjoying the sun on his annual leave, he will however see all the messages on his return.

In the mean time and going forward, I will be picking up anything new and assisting with any concerns you may have, so feel free to drop me a PM.

Many thanks,
Pete

The following users liked this post:
GGG (09-05-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Pete,
I would assume it would make sense to rename the account Pete@Jaguar now since its your baby, so to speak?

I have done so in anticipation, should you want it back to Mike@Jaguar for any reason, then please let me know

Thanks

Jim

Old 09-22-2014, 03:47 AM

Many thanks Jim.

Regards,
Pete

Old 09-22-2014, 05:15 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

Hi Pete - welcome to the position whilst Mike is off :-)

Old 09-24-2014, 04:36 AM
Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

Hi Pete!
I've been around on the forum for a while now, mainly active in X300 section. Currently I am a student at Suffolk New College, level 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, the subjects we're currently going through is diagnostics and rectification of electronic components faults. For my assignment I've chosen operation of Electric Mirrors and Heater, Cooling and Air Conditioning systems. I'm looking for some more detailed technical information on the mentioned systems for my written assingment. Any sort of pointers where I could find more information on currently used technologies and operation of those systems would be appreciated.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:52 AM

Hi Firecrow,

I would suggest visiting TOPIx which provides details on our vehicles. Certain information is freely available such as owners handbooks. These can be found by selecting model type and year -> Documents -> Owners Information -> Owners handbook.

Certain information such as the workshop manual for each vehicle which contains more in depth information does require a subscription to TOPIx.

Please click the following link:Jaguar TOPIx

Hope this helps and good luck with your assignment.

Many thanks,
Pete

Quick Reply: UK Jaguar CRC