UK South East Annual Convoy & Meet Event 28th May 2017

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

I am happy I managed to get the photo's up online for you guys quite promptly but it has been a few days getting to the point where I can write (type :-)) the event synopsis for you. I have to admit that after the event I was pretty washed up and my drive had I guess driven off (in a metaphorical Jaguar of course :-)) but I am now starting to get back to my usual self.. by Monday I should be back to normal and gearing up for next years event.

I still have yet to sign off with our 20 sponsors, break down the photos by awards/prizes for them, and close the forum threads prior to kicking off the next ones - blah - but with the help of a few of you with the photos we have the largest selection of photos from one of our events we have ever had - if you haven't seen them yet, please take a look through them then sign up for our next 2018 event :-)

First of all a huge thankyou goes out to everyone - attendees, supporters and sponsors - without you our event would not have been anything more than an organiser and tumbleweed.. I do very very much appreciate everyones involvement in our event.

This years event started much more positively than usual - I almost always have an issue at the start of the day, and this year, apart for my Sat Nav seemingly nuked by an update, everything was exactly as it was supposed to be :-) I was quite impressed with myself for once lol

The event kicked off at around 9:15am at Pease Pottage Services with a large queue of people waiting to register and claim their free Welcome Packs. The Welcome Packs this year were the biggest to-date and I hope were of interest to you guys.

I was pleased to hear that the promised 20% discount on Costa products was honoured this year - huge thanks go to Daniel there for making sure of it for us.

At 9:30am I made a quick speech (well, I tried hard to keep it as short as I could) welcoming everyone, running through some of the key contents in the Welcome Packs and the order of events of the day.

As you will be aware we had a standard cruising route, and an advanced route for the convoy/drive to our main venue at Denbies Wine Estate.. some people were quite brave and went for the advanced route, which was cross country with narrow roads, villages, hump back bridge etc but most went for the cruising route on main roads which I took.

Steve from CarSnapped set himself up on the route into the field, and took as many shots as he possibly could of all the cars entering - please remember if you love the shot he got of your Jaguar get in touch with him - he offers originals - digital or printed at very good prices and they are perfect for wall mounting, or as your computer desktop background.

On arrival at Denbies, the trade stands were already set up and running, and courtesy of DesignXKR we had a marshall directing everyone to the correct field with Soraya from DesignXKR directing people on the parking.

On arrival people started heading over to the main building to track down the promised breakfasts with the discount only to find that Denbies had closed the breakfasts and had preparations for the lunch menu on the go. Unfortunately Denbies had seen the trade stands set up so had kicked off breakfasts very first thing for us rather than wait for the main flow of people.

I spent the first one and a half hours setting up the prizes, banner, leaflets etc etc with a short break to look into the breakfast issue with people surprised at the range and quantity of prizes we had for the day. By the time I had finished everyone else was parked up, and meeting the industry attendees that had set up on site for us.

It was now only 30 minutes until lunchtime, so I confirmed we definately had the discounts promised by Denbies, and advised everyone I spoke to of the breakfast issue and that lunches were about to be served and to ensure they asked for the discount.

It was now that I had a quick chance to look around and by my calculations we had just over 100 Jaguars there in two long rows and you could see attendees had really pulled out all the stops and we had some absolutely gorgeous examples of Jaguars right from 1954 through to the present day.

Tony was there representing Harwoods for us, and his black F-Type 400bhp F-Type was raising a lot of interest. I noted he parked it next to my S-Type lol, which whilst I love it still pales beside an F-Type :-)

This year I brought my son, Christopher with me and set him up looking after the entries for the Dinitrol draw and the tickets for the main prize draw and due to his interest in the event introduced his as The Boss to everyone. Thankyou to everyone for making his first event great, he loved meeting everyone and now has his eye set on taking over from me :-)

At around 1pm I left Tony looking after our prizes and popped over to the carvery - I was surprised the food (and coffee) was superb, and not too badly priced considering the location and our discount - very impressed and I heartily recommend the food there.

By about 1:45 we were warned that rain was currently in Worthing, just south of us and heading North in our direction. and this was the feared scenario - lots of rear wheel drive Jaguars and wet grass coupled with a narrow entry point to the field. We felt a little reassured that Tonys F-Type was the only 4 wheel drive Jaguar there and suggested he put a tow rope on the back to assist but thought it best to pre-empt the issue by moving the end of day features forward.

So we moved the event draws forward to just after 2pm, one and a half hours early, but with a sky already moving from sunshine to quite heavy looking high level clouds.

Christopher drew the numbers for the main prize draw, which seemed to go on for ages as we had not just a few but 45 prizes to be won.. the prizes ranged from hat/mug sets through to manuals, leathercare kits, wash systems, and vouchers all very generously and kindly donated by our event sponsors.

After completing the main prize draw, we then drew the winner for the Dinitrol Prize Draw. The Dinitrol kit was for a Jaguar sized corrosion treatment and protection kit - hopefully of good use to the winner :-) I know it is something I would have loved for my S-Type, but no wins on either draw for me :-(

Next we had the awards for the Scratchshield Best Turned Out Jag, the NextBase Dashcam Peoples Choice, and the LeatherGuard Best Interior. Tony from Harwoods presented the Shield for the Best Turned Out Jag, the Best Interior award of a 5 year leather protection kit was presented by the Leather Repair Centre, and the Nextbase Peoples Choice was presented by Christopher and myself.

Literally just as we finished the rain started falling, so it was timed perfectly with Jaguars able to leave the field in a stately manor without the anticipated rear end slides we had been worried about if we had remained onsite.

The texting service - the 'Don't miss a Thing' free service was not heavily subscribed this year or I may have been able to get news of the impending weather conditions and required timing changes to more people - if you attend our next event it is a service that it is really worth signing up for.. as you never know, as we found out this year.

Just a few credits as there are so many people to thank for their part in this years event (listed in no particular order)..

Steve from CarSnapped for his professional shots of all the cars on the day
Simon Farrow for his great shots of the prize draws and awards
Andrew Lowe & Luke for assisting with getting our Welcome Packs etc from place to place (and Luke did this despite a slipped disc!)
Mark Lambourne for the wonderful presentation shield
Soraya and the team at DesignXKR for marshalling on the day
DesignXKR, Tony from Harwoods, Leather Repair Centre & LeatherGuard, Valet South-East, Anglian Remaps, & Croftgate UK for setting up trade stands on the day with some incredible deals for everyone.
Nextbase Dash Cams, Scratchshield Wash Systems, Dinitrol and LeatherGuard for incredible award prizes
Plus for the Welcome Pack Contents and some incredible draw prizes, and discount codes AutoGlym, Scratchshield, Prestige Car Care, RimmerBros, RevsUK, Lancaster Insurance, Haynes Manuals, Leatherguard, Harwoods Jaguar, PVD, SNG Barratt, Leather Repair Company, Anglian Remaps, Valet South East, Dinitrol Direct, BagWorld, Classic Motor Monthly, Nexbase Dash Cams, De Bowers Motor File

Without their kind involvement we could not have had the event we did.

Lastly and most importantly a massive thankyou to our venue Denbies for hosting us, and to everyone who attended our event - I genuinely appreciate you all taking the time to get involved with our event in a whole host of ways THANKYOU :-)

As always with me there is something after the last item lol - I have kicked off the next event registration for both sponsors and attendees - please take a look at the threads and sign up if you enjoyed our event and want an even bigger and better free Jaguar day out for all of us :-) There will be more sponsors, more industry attendees, better organisation of the start point, and layout at the main event and more. The timings will be refined, and whilst I cannot guarantee beating the 45 incredible prizes and three awards we had this year you can be sure I will try very hard to do so for you guys.

Very very final note THANKYOU to EVERYONE who was involved with our 2017 event - & I would love it if you could make it to our next event already set for May 27th 2018

The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-01-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 02:36 AM

OK guys, I am about to sign off on our 2017 event and I know a number of you do not have access to Facebook and our photo album there for the event, so I have uploaded all the pictures we have to my OneDrive account and you can access them there - please feel free to download them if you want noting that the photos that are watermarked C/S are property of CarSnapped and if you want to use them commercially you would need to contact Steve at CarSnapped for permission.. the album contains 342 images - please enjoy https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao-7HJVAHqvXkVf5UyKFe4WgwDQ1

Old 06-05-2017, 07:12 AM

Our event's first ever review!! Please take a look at what Scratchshield have to say about our event https://t.co/sfjfrmH99b - Thankyou so much guys we really appreciate it..

Old 10-26-2017, 04:19 AM

I have just received official confirmation that our booking for 2018, at Denbies is confirmed :-) One more thing I can tick off.. :-) Dont forget to check out the thread for our 2018 event and sign up :-)

Last edited by SteveSheldon; 10-26-2017 at 05:50 AM.