US Mid Atlantic MD VA DC DE WV

New Mid Atlantic Member

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Mid Atlantic Member

Hello!As the new owner of a 1999 XJ8, I was thrilled to find this forum since I was experiencing problems with my XJ8. I quickly learned about ODB and purchased one this week, and have found 5 fault codes. I took autoshop back in high school (early '70's) so I have a basic understanding of cars but that was before the day of electronics.

Anxious to hear if anyone would recommend a mechanic out this way.

Enjoy reading the posts very much.

Alison,
Annapolis, MD

Old 10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Alison, depending on how much time you want to spend with your kitty, you can come on down south a little further to California, MD and I will help you do a lot to your car. I am always working on Jaguars and am willing to offer a hand getting the little problems taken care of. I also have a pretty decent code reader now that will help us figure out what is wrong with the car.

Please understand that I am currently out of town and will not be back in town until the middle of NOvember. So, if you are interested, this gives us time to figure things out.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:29 AM

Thanks, Chris, appreciate that very much. Based on your availability (and immobility of Lady Jay), I had her towed last night to English Auto in Odenton based on a recommendation here. But, would be thrilled to have a fellow enthusiast make sure she continues to purr.

Enjoy the feedback and discussions here very much. Safe travels back to California and thanks again.
Alison

Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome Alison and I think you're in good hands both places.

Be glad you're in Maryland because the resources are better there than down my way.

The following users liked this post:
Lady Jay (10-22-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 06:39 PM

hello im also new ,my church is in odenton let me know how they treat you
welcome i have 2009 xf/sc less than 1 week

Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Default English Auto

Ness,

Shane and friends at English Auto are wonderful! Certified Jag folk, they know their trade well (former Jaguar dealer master mechanics, I believe), and look out for your best interests.

I had my XJ8 towed there Thursday night and by Friday midday, Shane called to let me know exactly what needed to be done, when the parts would be delivered, and total cost.

I picked it up first thing this morning. Very pleased - Lady Jay is in tip top shape.

I really appreciate the person on the forum who shared their name - must sift through the thread to find.

Highly recommend. Right off Rt. 32 & Telegraph Rd.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Lady Jay
Ness,

Shane and friends at English Auto are wonderful! Certified Jag folk, they know their trade well (former Jaguar dealer master mechanics, I believe), and look out for your best interests.

I had my XJ8 towed there Thursday night and by Friday midday, Shane called to let me know exactly what needed to be done, when the parts would be delivered, and total cost.

I picked it up first thing this morning. Very pleased - Lady Jay is in tip top shape.

I really appreciate the person on the forum who shared their name - must sift through the thread to find.

Highly recommend. Right off Rt. 32 & Telegraph Rd.
No need to sift. Glad they worked out for you! English Auto is a very competant shop.

The following users liked this post:
Lady Jay (10-24-2012)