US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

417 Coffee and Cars in Springfield Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 417 Coffee and Cars in Springfield Missouri

Just passing the word along. The inaugural 417 Coffee and Cars event will take place Saturday, May 10th, 8 AM - 12 PM, at Country Girl's Espresso 2671 E. Sunshine in Springfield, MO (Across from Walgreens, next to Schweitzer Church). It should be fun!

Cheers!

Jon

Old 05-31-2014, 01:37 PM
Default June 417 Coffee and Cars

FYI...June 417 Coffee and Cars, next Saturday, June 7th, at Country Girls Coffee, 2671 E. Sunshine in Springfield, MO. 8AM to 12PM. Last month, there were a variety of cool cars there. Sorry I have no pics...had a cell phone malfunction. Pics of the event are posted on facebook at 417 Coffee and Cars site. If you're close by...drop in!

I was the only Jag on display there last month. I saw an older XJ6 drive through and do a burn out upon leaving! There were a lot of Jaguar lovers that showed up, that I got to have conversations with. Many said that they would love to own one, but there is a perception of no jag service/repair in the area. (There are several indy's in the area that are quite competent!) The big question that I got was, "Where do you get your Jag serviced?", My answer was, "I do some work myself and my indy shop does the rest". I had to laugh, because the majority of people that I talked to, admitted to having held back on actual Jag ownership, because it's a 2/12 to 3 hour drive to either Tulsa, Kansas City or St. Louis to visit a Jaguar dealership for service. I agree, for new cars it is a PITA to drive 3 hours for car service/warranty work! (Maybe we'll get a Jaguar dealer someday or a satellite facility. Our metro area population is 440,000 people in the five county area.)

I hope there are more Jags there next Saturday!

Cheers!

Jon

Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM

The next Springfield COFFEE & CARS is on Saturday, August 2nd. The event is getting better each month with a wide variety of cars making the scene. Now, I know there is more than one Jag in the area. I've brought my Super V8 to the event the past two times. It's been a big hit...but, I've been the only Jag in the parking lot! The folks coming would love to see more jags and other British cars... I would too!

It's at the same place as always, Country Girls Coffee, 2671 E. Sunshine in Springfield, MO. 8AM to 12PM. (Across from Walgreens, next to Schweitzer Church) Come out and let's talk some Jaaaaagggg!

Cheers!

Jon

Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Springfield and will be there, I'm looking at a X-Type to possibly buy tonight actually... Gotta test drive and we'll see. If you have any tips check out my new member thread.

I'll look for ya there!

Edit: Awesome sig link BTW, I had never seen the Jaguar rebuttal lol

Last edited by Kris9884; 08-01-2014 at 12:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Growl-R (08-01-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I'm in Springfield and will be there, I'm looking at a X-Type to possibly buy tonight actually... Gotta test drive and we'll see. If you have any tips check out my new member thread.

I'll look for ya there!

Edit: Awesome sig link BTW, I had never seen the Jaguar rebuttal lol
Hey Kris9884 ! The rebuttal is pretty funny!

I don't know a lot about the X-Type. My forte is more the 1996-2007 XKR/XK8 and the 2000-2009 XJ Series. Here are some general tips when buying any Jag.
1. Look for a good documented service history with reciepts. Don't take anybody's word that it has been serviced.
2. Look for corrosion around the fenders, back window glass, trunk and door sills.
3. Look for oil leaks.
4. If the transmission does not shift silky smooth...look for another car. Jag transmissions are expensive.
5. Have a professional mechanic put it up on a lift and do a pre-purchase inspection. For instance, Rick's Automotive does these for around $100. IMO...Money well spent that could save you thousands later. (I read your intro. Sounds like you could do your own inspection!)

Good luck on your Jag purchase. They are awesome cars! I'll be more than happy to talk about jags with you tomorrow. I'll be with my Super V8. I think I'll play a James Bond movie on the back seat entertainment system.

Cheers!

Jon417 Coffee and Cars in Springfield Missouri-get-attachment-5.jpg

Last edited by Growl-R; 08-02-2014 at 12:32 AM. Reason: I read your intro. Sounds like you could do your own inspection!