US Midwest IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Its official! May 22 @ 3pm! CHICAGO MEET + GREET!

Old 05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Its official! May 22 @ 3pm! CHICAGO MEET + GREET!

Its official! May 22 @ 3pm! CHICAGO MEET + GREET!

Everyone is invited! It doesnt matter if you drive a Jaguar or a Dodge Neon! As long as you have a passion for Jaguars!

All attending please CHECK-IN in this topic. How many people will be with you? Interested in a restaurant meet after?

I will send you a Private message next week, asking for either a email or phone # so we can coordinate this better on the day itself to confirm you will be attending the meet. I don't want to leave early when 2 cars are still on the way.

Itinerary:

3pm - 4pm: We meet at Westfield Old Orchard Mall in Skokie, IL (4999 Old Orchard Ctr Skokie,IL60077) We can meet at the Nordstorms ( Intersections: Golf RD + Skokie Blvd) parking lot in the far end of the lot. This 1hr gives everyone time to meet + greet and for anyone who is running late. This spot was chosen because its right by the highway and easy yet fast access toward lake shore drive!

We will follow each other towards the beautiful Lake Shore Drive (traffic isn't bad around this time) We will exit out in nice area to park our cars and i will take SLR photographs of our cars! My passenger will be filming our cars driving within lake shore! Specific exit will be posted later this week. (should be a 2hr roundtrip, including photos and enjoying the beach view)

Return: *optional*
We will meet everyone back in Skokie Westfield mall, i can reserve a table at Champs or watever. We can decide wherever. *optional*

*snacks and water will be provided*
*might have take-home gifts (Jaguar related)**

*Make sure you come with a full tank of gas!!*
*Please no burn outs or excessive speeding*

if weather is bad that day *raining* we can reschedule. We should know this at least 5 days b4 the event. Thanks

Attendance

1. Hefeweize (Matt) will have passenger and maybe another non-Jaguar car and a mayb Motorcycle with me

2. Devil Jag - 1 Passenger

3. J66 (pending)

4. Fabfive

5. Lady Dai (2 passengers)

6. Drew

7. Count Iblis

Last edited by hefeweize; 05-20-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM

I will be attending this meet with one passenger. I might have one other non-jaguar car and a might have a motorcycle attend as well!

Last edited by hefeweize; 05-09-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in, most likely with one passenger.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:28 AM
J66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If weather and farming permit, i'll certainly try to make it. However I'll most likely not be able to commit one way or the other until 20th or 21st. If i can, i'll sure try to be there!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM

LADYDAI is in with 2 passengers

Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Im on the List! Lol

Me +1 .

We need a good turn out guys and gals!

Hoping we can get at least 10 + cars

Old 05-17-2011, 02:54 AM

Looks like we wil have a gd turn out. Weather seems to be good this weekend with upper 70s, we might have a chance of rain (50%). As we get closer to the end of the week we should have a more better estimate if it will rain or not. Depending on the time it rains Morning or afternoon or both we can succeed with this meet! Thanks!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:04 PM

So where at the mall are we going to meet?

Old 05-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Im going to PM all the members 2morro to verify they can make it 2 the meet. After i get a response i will post a good location to meet at the mall. Looking forward to see you guys!

Hopfully it doesn't rain on Sunday. So far its 30% chance and we shud get a better look 2morro or Sat. But 70+ weather is awesome!!

Looking forward to see u all!

Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by hefeweize
Im going to PM all the members 2morro to verify they can make it 2 the meet. After i get a response i will post a good location to meet at the mall. Looking forward to see you guys!

Hopfully it doesn't rain on Sunday. So far its 30% chance and we shud get a better look 2morro or Sat. But 70+ weather is awesome!!

Looking forward to see u all!
Let's meet rain or shine. I'll be driving my e type regardless of the weather.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 293 Likes on 163 Posts

I will be there but a friend twisted my arm to be partying in Irving park the night before so hopefully I won't be hung over by this time!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 PM

Hi! We are having the Jaguar meet this coming Sunday at 3pm!

We are going to meet in Westfield Shopping Center in Skokie, IL. We can meet at the Nordstorms ( Intersections: Golf RD + Skokie Blvd) parking lot in the far end. You will see Smith furniture and bestbuy accross the street from where we are meeting.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Hopfully this summer we can enterain bigger Jaguar meets after this one!

Thanks!

Last edited by hefeweize; 05-20-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 AM
J66

The sun has been shining down here and the planters are rolling.....I will be stuck here at the farm and unable to sneak away tomorrow. Im sure gonna be thinking of you guys/gals !! Have a wonderful time and lets hope i can swing the next one !

Old 05-21-2011, 11:16 PM

As of right now, this meet will be on hold and may be rescheduled for a better day for all of us. At least we now know who all would be interested in a forthcoming meet. We have had a few people that can't make it, and im still waiting for the rest of the recently sign-in'd people to contact me via PM for 2morro.

For those who hasn't check-in or have not replied to my PM, please do!

I do have one person who confirmed 2morro. Need @ least 2 more so we can get 4 cars.

Thanks!

Last edited by hefeweize; 05-21-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:22 PM

Alright this meet will be canceled today! Its to sad, the weather is beautiful!! Lets rescheduled soon!

Old 05-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Thats ashame, Count Iblis and I were at Old Orchard for a little bit. It was awesome weather until the random 5 minutes of downpour came in on us.

We need to reschedule this and get some real numbers out there for next time.

- FabFive

Old 05-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by fabfive
Thats ashame, Count Iblis and I were at Old Orchard for a little bit. It was awesome weather until the random 5 minutes of downpour came in on us.

We need to reschedule this and get some real numbers out there for next time.

- FabFive
Damn, i feel very bad! I pm'd everyone on Friday to confirm the numbers for the meet and only had 1 person reply. I assumed since i didnt get replies from the others that you were not able to make the meet. I figured that if you didnt see the location of the meet in the mall till Friday you would catch the PM since you would have to log on Jaguarforums to see it.

I have held about 4-5 meets before in my BMW forum and i learned i had to use this method to contact people etc etc. MY first meet we had 21 people signed up (bmw has a bigger population on the forums) and only 12 showed up.

Sorry again!

We will reschedule this and i will make sure that i contact every member individually to get things settled and confirmed. This summer will be huge, im sure we can get alot of cars.

I am very sorry. I pm'd both you and count right now expresing this.

ps. its funny cause i had my top down and all sudden it starting raining, had to pull over and get setteld.

Last edited by hefeweize; 05-23-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Received 293 Likes on 163 Posts

Yep, I turned up. It was nice to meet Fabfive.
However I was very dissappointed. I made it quite clear I've just moved up to Chicago. I made it quite clear I'd be coming. This means i've pretty much living in an empty house with no internet access yet.
I also mentioned I'd be staying downtown /near Irving park the night before. I was out till 4 am. I am unable to respond to messages on the forum via my blackberry.
So I was more than a little miffed when I went to the car park to see no Jags.

Oh well...

Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Count Iblis
Yep, I turned up. It was nice to meet Fabfive.
However I was very dissappointed. I made it quite clear I've just moved up to Chicago. I made it quite clear I'd be coming. This means i've pretty much living in an empty house with no internet access yet.
I also mentioned I'd be staying downtown /near Irving park the night before. I was out till 4 am. I am unable to respond to messages on the forum via my blackberry.
So I was more than a little miffed when I went to the car park to see no Jags.

Oh well...
Sorry about that. It is just miscommunication we had.. I should have took your number or email addy earlier as i mentioned in my thread so i can contact people directly. I didnt think ahead that you wuldnt have access to the net (Stupid me)
Sorry

Read your PM when you can, i offered somtin.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:23 PM

For the record, I was going to go but received the text that the meet was cancelled.

Sorry that I missed the chance to meet Count Iblis and fabfive and hefeweize.

But on the bright side, it's nice to know there are some of us that are prepared to meet up. We'll just need to be more organized next time.

The following users liked this post:
hefeweize (05-24-2011)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Its official! May 22 @ 3pm! CHICAGO MEET + GREET!